Garages for rent outside London | FerrariChat

Garages for rent outside London

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by derekw, Sep 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Hi all, my 308 (drivetrain rebuild detailed on the 308/328 forum) and my 911E are on the way here from Canada and I'd like to find garages to rent or storage that allows me to work on the 308 (engine in but lots to hook up.)
    Anyone have or know of a spare garage or two within 90 min of London?
    Thanks derek

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Derek, it may seem like a left field option, but I have been toying with the idea of adding a very large workshop space on my property (timber built garage type area, hard standing, electrics, water etc, but technically not a permanent building for planning purposes), approx 24/25 feet by 15/20ft. Ultimately, for me to utilise as a pool room, changing area for my hot tub, general storage area for an overflowing filing area that now impinges on my garages.

The reason I say this is that I am outside bristol, about 90 minutes from London, directly on the M4 motorway. If I were to build it, then it frees up my garage to have three good spaces rather than two plus a pool room, with extra height, and my plan was to install a four post lift in one of the spaces, with then two totally open spaces with a lot of room besides.

I have no idea how much storage and work space will cost you to rent, but is it worth us getting our heads together and maybe I can help you with your plans, and that in turn can help justify the cost to myself to add the building I want (obviously a financial contribution, not paying for the project!). In addition, you get a personal security guard and, as long as it's light duties!, an interested labourer on occasion when you need two pairs of hands

My property is entirely secure, quiet enough for you to work without upsetting neighbours etc, I have some guard dogs that will love you as a known visitor yet guard your cars like my own, and I'm here all the time so access would be 24/7, 365 days a year. You could have your own main gate blippers and garage opening blippers, and of course use of everything in the garage that might be of use.

3. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    No offence but Bristol to London is more like 2 1/2 hours under good conditions.

4. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Sid, I would be open to something like this but was hoping for closer to London. My great grandfather was from Bristol so I probably have distant cousins there (Edward-Whites.)

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Really, I do my place to Gatwick in 2 hours 15 regular as clockwork. Heathrow checkin in 90 mins...... mind you I don't do traffic, and my foot is heavy as long as plod is not around

6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No worries, offer is there if you need it. Always happy to help car guys

VPX likes this.
  7. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Anyone else have any suggestions? I also need suggestions for a company to move the cars from Felixstowe to wherever they are stored.