Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 85 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. horsingaround

horsingaround Rookie

Nov 19, 2015
    Western NC
    Full Name:
    Drew Brannon
    I've lurked on Fchat for a few years since I purchased my 87 328, but only this am discovered this discussion thread. Love it

A few I've heard

"What gas mileage do you get " - I saw this was posted before but it still makes laugh. Really? That's your question?

"Is that a Lamborghini?"

A kid, maybe 10 or 12, on a city bench with his dad, looks at my car as I pull into a parking spot is just staring at the car. I get out, he's still staring, so I said, "what do you think?" He said, "I didn't know they made ferraris that were that old" ... again, it's an 87... :D

But probably my favorite experience was a few weeks ago. I stopped at a gas station that's kind of in the middle of no where, but they happen to have ethanol free 90 octane.

~16 yr old gas station attendant, comes running out of the shop and straight up to my car. He exclaims "I love this car", repeats that statement 3 or 4 times, pausing in between to look at the car. He said, "I've always wanted to see one of these in person."

I said "want to sit in the drivers seat?" He looked at me in disbelief, and I motioned and said "go ahead, it's fine". He did, and then asked my wife to take a photo with his phone.

He got out, said, "this is the greatest day of my life!!!", thanked me, and headed back into the shop

Is it wrong that I basically feel the same way every time I open the garage and see the Ferrari?

RJ66 and labalestra like this.
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    What a ****ty thing to say. Just quit being ****** and stop replying.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I've done this several times, it's always a great feeling making a kid's day. I met an autistic teenager that was going nuts over the car, taking pictures, etc. I let him sit in it, took a picture of him behind the wheel, he was ecstatic. The older gentleman he was with shook my hand and told me "We need more like you." One of the best compliments I ever received. Turns out he's a pastor at a local church.

surfwolf likes this.
  4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    ++++1

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    So somewhere in this 100+ page thread I may of posted that I always get asked if my 308 gt4 is a Delorean because its Argento (silver) I just got my car back today after 1.5 yrs plus of grief , Now painted in Avorio Safari. Ordered a pizza tonight , and yeah you guessed it ...he asked if it was a Delorean. I swear I almost had a brain explosion!!!! I said Delorean Really? No. its a Ferrari I said . He said Oh sorry, I handed him his money and walked away. Yes Yes I know I wasn't the nicest to him. But I didn't ask him if his wife was a man? If He was a she? Just ask what kind of car it is next time. Ok let me have it, I know its not typing out well , but after 17 yrs of this Its not easy. Flux capacitor anyone?

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I've had the same question on a number of occasions and my GT/4 is blue.

7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    annoying. but a majority of people don't even know what a Ferrari is, or looks like for that matter

8. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Around here people know what new Ferraris look like. The older ones aren't that common but guys of a certain age remember.

9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The other day I had a guy follow me to my destination. When I got out he pulled up beside me and said "Sorry I don't mean to follow but your car is too beautiful, do you mind if I take a few pictures" to which I replied "go ahead just don't scratch it".

10. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    Why I have mine wrapped. I don't worry about the scratches anymore.

11. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've considered wrapping, but still remain undecided

12. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Got your PM...and responded :)

13. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I've had that when I had my Mondial. Muscle car guy..

14. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
  15. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    A buddy caught someone trying to peel the wrap off his 458 at a show.

16. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #2116 ralfabco, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    In a gas station pumping gas in a Countach. It is 10PM during the work week. Would it be ok, if I go home and pick up my camera. Can you wait ?

----

Years ago I went on a local FCA fun run. A Pontiac Grand Am joined the group and lined up exactly in the middle. We changed lanes and he stayed with us. It took about 15 minutes for him to leave. He was also driving triple digits in the middle and maintained his position :).

17. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I'm impressed a kid that young could tell it was an older car. I had a parking attendant at a hotel think my 308 was brand new.

18. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Getting gas in 360. Middle aged guy in rusty chevy pick up smoking cigar says " I like those brakes." I said "thanks."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Was filling up gas the other day. A cute blonde pulls up and says "hey you're filling my car up for me, thanks" to which I chuckled at. We chatted for a few minutes, turns out she knows a thing or two about cars. I offered her a ride another day and she gladly accepted.

20. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe

Wait for it... wait for it...

"Can my boyfriend come too?"

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol.

It wasn't about that, honestly, she knew her stuff and it was purely about cars.

22. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    So glad you posted that reply AceMaster... it is really hard for females who really love cars and mechanical stuff- many people (especially wives) assume it's some ruse to snag (their) men! I'm no shrinking violet, but I still don't generally initiate discussions about cars with strangers even though there are times I'd like to. Oddly though, it's one of the advantages of owning a 308- people do take you more seriously as a Ferrari -owning car tragic!

23. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    :D :D Can't say I've heard that before and probably won't again.

24. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    I organized display of Ferraris in a big annual car show that happens in a park. As you can imagine, about 40 Ferraris parked together in chronological order draws a crowd of all sorts. I was standing next to a couple of older gentlemen standing in front of the 308s and 328s. It's a sea of rosso corsa and they are staring right at the bonnets and the Ferrari hood emblem. Both wore Mustang club t-shirts. One guy says to the other, "There sure are a lot of Porsches here today!" I wish I got that on video!!

25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree.

Her father owned a garage, so she knows a lot about maintenance in general. And, in this case, she knows her exotics and is a big fan. She showed me a picture of herself posing with a Lamboghini a week before she ran into me. I let her pose with mine to add to her collection. I made a new friend, and it is purely platonic :)