Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 84 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    :D
    I do wonder what my neighbours think. I do quite a bit of my own repair work on my daily drive and other weekend car (Ferrari is generally looked after professionally).
    Currently my Alfa is on front axle stands (with all wheels on) whilst I am doing some work on it underneath.

They probably think I'm mad doing it myself and by some of the silent looks I've had :D

2. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Luigi,
    I really hope someone there gave him the "quality" answer he deserved! I have never understood why some people seem to think it makes them better/stronger/bigger to belittle someone else.

3. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    This is great! Reminds me of this story on Jalopnik where Harry Metcalfe takes his real lambo to a replica countach show to see what they think and the fake guys critique it.

https://youtu.be/CiZWIsmGxeg?t=10m15s

4. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN

That's funny !
    Along similar lines I was in my 308 once and went Thru the Taco Bell drive thru.
    Some of the workers ( kids ) were hanging out the window ohhhhing and ahhhhing over it.
    The one kid says "you drive a Ferrari and eat at Taco Bell" to which I replied "How do you think I afford the Ferrari !"

5. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    I bought a new 2006 Ford GT, a fellow came up to me at a gas station, said: "Nice Probe!",

I said, "thanks"

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That's awesome. Fcars have some of the highest smiles per gallon of any car out there. :)

7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    So about a month after I got the car I took it to one of my tennis matches. Actually it was two in the same day at the same place. I happen to belong to two clubs and I am a USTA 3.5 but play closer to 4.0 so I play on the 3.5 team at one club and the 4.0 at the other. The 3.5 match was at noon and the 4.0 match was at 4pm and coincidentally, both were against the same club at their courts. So I am walking off the court at 5:30 after the 4.0 match and one of the guys I played in the 3.5 match says, hey, you are here again? I explained how it happened and one of the other guys on their team says, wow, do they pay you to play this much? My team captain pipes up and says, "Are you kidding?, this guy doesn't need money, he owns a Ferrari!" Of course everyone wanted to go up and look at the car.

8. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the gentleman was correct. The Dino is not a Ferrari, but that DOES NOT negate the beauty and current value of the car. :)

9. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The argument that never ends. ;)

10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yeah u got that right, If I could buy ,burn, stockpile every dino in the world and leave only a few 100 of each year /model of each I would. I'm so sick sick of hearing about this, man you don't know, So should I class action the PO of my car because he advertised it as a Ferrari 16 YRS ago and its only a Dino? And when I saw the Title and received a new one after purchase and it says Ferrari, I should sue Ferrari SPA also. This is ridiculous , The Dinos are rarer than 308s, OOH its got a back seat and is a 2+2 big deal,

11. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Truth is they're all Fiats. ;)

12. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    #2087 kerrari, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Nice!!

14. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    :) :) :) ;)

15. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm not sure why people feel the need to argue that anyways

16. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    A guy I know who says he knows a lot about cars asked if it was a 4-cylinder.

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I got this one recently:

"Is that Corinthian leather?"

I responded, "No, it's Italian."

It annoyed me because I know the only reason he knew that term was from that stupid farmersonly. com commercial with the dude in the BMW and there is really no such thing as "corinthian" leather other than advertising some crappy pleather on 80's Chryslers.

18. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Schedoni or Poltrona Frau leather is Italian.
    Connolly leather was English.

Chrysler's "Corinthian Leather" came from a supplier just outside Newark, NJ. ;)

Sometimes the best response to a stupid question is to "educate" them with more trivia than they wanted to hear. :p

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If it annoyed you, you should have ignored him...especially if you knew he was being a smartass

20. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    He wasnt. It was an honest question...

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Should have said "correct, and it is a semi-automatic"

22. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
  23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You said you were annoyed.

Your post makes no sense. You said he made a comment based on something he saw in a commercial and already knew the answer to, yet you say it was an honest question on his part? You lost me.

24. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Honest questions can also be stupid and annoying, he obviously had no clue was Corinthian leather was, he just heard it on an equally annoying, yet entertaining commercial. Don't overthink it dude.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukf-oivD7k[/ame]

25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you get annoyed by an honest question that seems stupid, I feel sorry for your children.

It's all in the intent. You can't have it both ways.