FOR SALE - Michael Schumacher's F2001 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FOR SALE - Michael Schumacher's F2001

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    When we were just seriously getting into F1, early /mid teens and trying a smoke to look cool , our first cigarettes were JPS only because that Lotus looked so damned stunning.

Then again I think Schuey's car looks so much better with the period livery.

I'm confused lol.

Best,

Sammy

2. 'Didn't know they were s'posed to. They advertise; not necessarily recruit. ;) :)

3. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  4. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    +1 I strongly believe that today tobacco advertising has no effect on anyone whatsoever. People are well educated on the issue and the bad effects of smoking on human's health. Not to mention all the anti smoking rules and regulations applied by local authorities and government.

5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    A-GREED. However, I also think that they have a market to exploit in Africa through the glamour of Ferrari. So yeah, marketing tobacco in poor and third world countries is a very profitable move for PM. Disgusting, but profitable nevertheless.;)

6. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If tobacco advertising didn't have a marked effect on people then they wouldn't have spent all the time and effort creating it. Nobody has ever claimed advertising directly forces someone to do something and had a leg to stand on but advertising/marketing clearly does affect us in a slightly less direct manner, that's well known.

That said, I still wish it wasn't banned. We have the smoking ban in effect in public places here in the UK which is fine for me aside from obviously having to walk through all the smokers at the entrance to anywhere so I want my damn great racing liveries back!

Also why would anyone automatically assume that F1 drivers keep their cars? It's usually pretty rare by the looks of things.

7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    to open up museums?:D

8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    That's a pretty naive and un-inform opinion o_O

I'm sure the tobacco companies just love throwing their money away :rolleyes:

Children are the most easily influenced and the tobacco industry are grooming their future profits

In Australia we have some of, if not the most draconian laws towards tobacco advertising (ie NONE !!!) and even go to the extent of enforcing the tobacco manufacturers to put gruesome pictures on their cigarette packets displaying the horrific effects of smoking

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Smoking is almost extinct here and good riddance to it, lost 2 uncles to emphysema

9. Why is the assumption that the advertising is for initiating an action rather than what it is for; the choice of that specific product for those that do participate in said action.

Ford, GM, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, et al do not advertise to get people to drive the automobile, they do so so their product is chosen, as in advertising for other products.

CSM0TION and tifosi12 like this.
  10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Indeed. It has been proven that tobacco advertising is mainly to guide brand selection and not necessarily to instigate smoking.

11. As is the vast majority of advertisements (yes, I'm aware far lesser otherwise)

It just hit me as weird that someone would assume that tobacky ads were meant to initiate smokers. :confused: All I perceived from ads were their suggestions that their flavor, quality, or numbers were better than others and that's why one should choose them. Maybe I'm wrong (very posseebla) but I don't recollect any ads suggesting that one should start smoking... Maybe before my awareness (let's say '1960ish) but not since. :Shrug:

12. ionnis

ionnis Rookie

Jul 4, 2015
    Is it supposed to be funny ???

13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Supposedly it was the go pro mount that injured him. They should pay. Not funny.

14. :(:(:('Not being funny....
    Maybe the ski resort should pay...the rock was there.
    His ski company...he was on them.
    When does it stop? :(

15. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    it not unusual for a team to award the car, driven by a successful retiring driver, as a parting gift and token of appreciation... most recently Williams gifted Massa his car when the retired ( the first time ).... the list of those receiving cars is long...

it is a nice generous gesture... the evolution race cars is rapid, making the current models outdated before the next season... making their value nominal... the winning Ford GT 40's were essentially discarded as a lot after their last race, it was not until later that they become very desirable and collectable