Fixing, Improving & Updating Kerry's '87 TR | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Fixing, Improving & Updating Kerry's '87 TR

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by kerrywittig, Mar 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you think this will be a worthwhile, informative thread?

1. Yes

2. No

3. What?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The rock crawler looks like good times!

2. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Wow way to go Kerry, that scuff plate and dead pedal look awesome! And the idea of making a new gas pedal surround is excellent...never seen that one done before. I would love to see some pics of the overall interior after all your efforts. The hard starting issue is odd, but I think you have already answered the question in that somehow it was probably a poor or intermittent connection issue. I don't think the TR's computer brain is very sophisticated....a casio calculator watch has about the same computing power. Kudos for finding the right size doughnuts for the muffler joints...I didn't think there was one domestically available. I've bought the header doughnuts at Napa....but not the big ones. Everyone take note of that part number !!! And dont feel alone about the blower motor operation, my current TR does the same thing!

Are YOU writing the article about the TR/Rock Crawler for the magazine! That would be cool....

3. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Jeff that is the donut for the headers, didn't need to replace muffler gaskets..............but I should do some bin rummaging at the local NAPA and see what I find when I get home................On tour believe it or not with............Steven Seagal for the month of June......... and then on to, I think American Idol???????? and then the Stones.............of course it's all BS until I step back in the front door of the house........ This should be an interesting year to say the least.

{/QUOTE}Are YOU writing the article about the TR/Rock Crawler for the magazine! That would be cool....{/QUOTE}

I would like to do the story and photos and may very well get the chance since both mags are on the west coast.............I think I could make it an "interesting" read.........LOL............compare specs/abilities and "current pricing"...........

Thanks for the compliments on the plate and pedals.........

By the way call me on my cell if you get bored or enthusiastic about some F-car situation.............3am - noon any day...............Kerry

PS Saw a really "dirty and un-cared for asthetically" 355 spider in Hollywood today. Really made me feel better about mine when I freak that it has a water spot.........LOL

4. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    1987 FERRARI Testarossa

Low beam headlamp
    H5006

High beam headlamp
    H5001