Ferrari watches thread : From vintage chronographs to partnership with manufacturers | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Ferrari watches thread : From vintage chronographs to partnership with manufacturers

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by modena1967, Jun 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Cool but darn, 43mm case size. I'm a slender guy, sort of F1 sized, so way too big for me.

Search results for: 'L4231'

Which is a problem I have with most of the men's watches during the past 20 years.

2. modena1967

modena1967 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    Wade, the shape of your wrist and the thickness of the strap are important too.
    For instance, my Panerai 026k (44mm) is more comfortable on my wrist than my Tudor Black Bay (41mm).

3. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    #203 RED GTS, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just found this thread and made me wonder if anyone knew the history of this watch.

Its a mido watch, says MULTIFORT LUXE and SUPER AUTOMATIC RM at the bottom. The back Has Paul Frere engraved. Switzerland/ waterproof/ mido/antimagnetic. I contacted Paul Frere when I purchased but unfortunately between the time I bought it and sent the letter he died.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    Sorry for killing the thread

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    LOL!

Maybe no one has the answer.....Cool, to have Paul Frere's name on it.

6. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    @redgts : May have you asked the seller where he got/bought your Mido watch ?
    It's pretty unusual to have a red sf scudetto instead of a black prancing horse.

7. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    #207 modena1967, Oct 15, 2015
  8. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    #208 modena1967, Oct 31, 2015
    On the fabled Mexico circuit, Hublot pays tribute to Scuderia Ferrari's
    historic victories at the Mexican Grand Prix
    Hublot has created 10 unique Big Bang Ferrari Tourbillon Mexico pieces to mark its
    symbolic return
    In 1990, Hublot was just 10 years old when Scuderia Ferrari had its last victory on the Mexico circuit,
    before it disappeared from the Formula 1™ world championship calendar altogether at the end of the
    1992 season. In 2015, Hublot is celebrating the 10th anniversary of its iconic Big Bang model while racing
    returns to the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, around the bends of the track redesigned by circuit
    architect Hermann Tilke. To celebrate the Grand Prix's hotly anticipated return to Mexico, Hublot has
    created a collection of 10 unique Big Bang Ferrari Tourbillon Mexico pieces.
    Once again, Hublot's R&D department has produced its best to create a Ferrari collection which offers a
    perfect balance between the tradition of a skeleton tourbillon complication and the sleek, innovative design
    of the Big Bang case.
    All ten watches sport an identical middle and mechanism: a Big Bang case, and a hand-wound skeleton
    tourbillon developed and manufactured entirely by Hublot. These pieces boasts a power reserve indicator
    on the dial showing the 115-hour reserve (5 days) of the HUB6016 movement. A feat of innovation sees
    each piece adorned with different materials, original composites and alloys, the signatures of Hublot's
    innovative approach – King Gold, carbon, or carbon ceramic encrusted with gold, titanium. Their aesthetic
    is based on the colours of Mexico with its dominant green. A Ferrari F1 -90 is screen printed on the
    sapphire back of the case in tribute to the 1990 race.
    To reinforce the symbolic nature of these 10 pieces, each watch is accompanied by a piston from the
    victorious car and a full size replica of the helmet worn by Sebastian Vettel, bearing his autograph. The
    first evokes the past, and the strength of a crucial technical component; the second, the present and the
    future, through this most personal part of a driver's kit.
    On the eve of the Mexican Grand Prix, Hublot has invited clients and friends of the brand to come and
    exclusively discover this collection. And an opportunity to see how you measure up against Sebastian
    Vettel on another type of circuit/challenge: a watchmaker's bench. The German driver is facing a new
    challenge, to screw the 6 H-shaped screws into the Big Bang's bezel in just 01 minute 01 second (similar
    to the time to race one lap) - and hold the title.
    Twenty five years ago, Scuderia Ferrari celebrated its 99th victory as a constructor. As the last two races
    of the 2015 championship approach, it has 224 Grand Prix victories to its name. These successes have
    ensured Scuderia Ferrari holds most of the circuit records.
    Hublot and Scuderia Ferrari share the same vision in terms of their constant pursuit of performance,
    innovation and pioneering materials. On the circuit in Mexico, they are the natural race leaders.

BIG BANG FERRARI TOURBILLON MEXICO
    References 405.OX.0138.LR.GPM15 (King gold – Unique piece)
    405.OM.0138.LR.GPM15 (King Gold and Black Ceramic bezel – Unique piece)
    405.OQ.0138.LR.GPM15 (King Gold and Carbon Fiber bezel – Unique piece)
    405.OJ.0138.LR.GPM15 (King Gold and Carbon Fiber alloy bezel – Unique piece)
    405.CI.0138.LR.GPM15 (Black Ceramic – Unique piece)
    405.CJ.0138.LR.GPM15 (Black Ceramic and Carbon Fiber alloy bezel – Unique piece)
    405.CO.0138.LR.GPM15 (Black Ceramic and King Gold bezel – Unique piece)
    405.NJ.0138.LR.GPM15 (Titanium and Carbon Fiber alloy bezel – Unique piece)
    405.NM.0138.LR.GPM15 (Titanium and Black Ceramic bezel – Unique piece)
    405.NO.0138.LR.GPM15 (Titanium and King Gold bezel – Unique piece)
    Case 45 mm diameter in microblasted18K King Gold or microblasted and polished Black
    Ceramic or Titanium
    Bezel 18K King Gold or Black Ceramic or Carbon or Carbon with Gold
    6 H-shaped screws in Black PVD Titanium or 18K Red Gold or Titanium, countersunk,
    polished & microblasted
    Crystal Sapphire with anti-reflective coating and Hublot logo on the inner side
    Crown King Gold or Black PVD Titanium or Titanium, satin-finished and microblasted with black
    rubber
    Case-back Satin-finished 1 8K King Gold or microblasted Black Ceramic or Titanium, engraved
    “UNIQUE PIECE”
    Sapphire crystal with interior anti-reflective treatment
    Water resistance 3 ATM, i.e. approx. 30 metres
    Dial Open with Ferrari applique at 3’o clock - 5N Gold-plated power reserve indicator
    Gold-plated indexes
    Hands Gold-plated satin-finished, green SuperLuminova™
    Movement HUB6016 hand-wound Tourbillon skeleton movement with power reserve indicator on the
    dial side at 9 o'clock, entirely developed and produced in-house at Hublot
    Components 175 (25 jewels)
    Frequency 3 Hz (21’600 A/h)
    Power reserve Approximately 115 hours
    Strap Green alligator leather stitched onto black rubber with interchangeable system
    Clasp Deployant buckle in Black PVD Titanium with 18K King Gold.

9. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    #209 modena1967, Oct 31, 2015
    Homage to Mexico! Hublot Presents
    The Big Bang Ferrari Mexico Limited Edition
    Hublot is proud to celebrate once again Mexico with an exclusive Ferrari-dedicatedBig
    Bang watch, making it an immediate collector’s item. After the success of the first Big
    Bang Ferrari Mexico created in 2013, Hublot unveils the 2015 version with green
    carbon on the bezel, a nod to Mexico’s national flag.
    Mexico, 30th October 2015 – A true tribute to Mexico! Hublot unveils the limited edition
    BIG BANG FERRARI MEXICO. The timepiece fuses design, materials and mechanics in
    way that uniquely addresses the respective DNA of Hublot and Ferrari: innovation,
    performance, technology and exclusivity. The launch of this exclusive piece coincides with
    the Grand Prix‘s return to Mexico.
    Exceptional sports watches in honour of exceptional racing cars. In 2015, to celebrate the
    10th anniversary of the Big Bang, Mexico will receive its very own set of exclusive limited
    edition Big Bang Ferrari timepieces fashioned with aesthetical nuances that is unique and
    distinctive to our local shores.
    In November 2011, Hublot and Ferrari announced their partnership, with Hublot becoming
    the exclusive watchmaker of Ferrari. A comprehensive agreement covering the full branding,
    marketing and communication spectrum, including ―Official Watch‖ of Ferrari, ―Official
    Timekeeper‖ of Ferrari, ―Official Watch‖ of Scuderia Ferrari and ―Official Timekeeper‖ of the
    Ferrari Challenge.
    Ricardo Guadalupe, CEO of Hublot, commented:"Exclusivity, technology, passion, style:
    Hublot and Ferrari share many core values. Today, we are extremely proud to unveil the
    second Big Bang Ferrari Mexico Limited Edition with a bezel made of green carbon fiber.
    This is truly a fitting symbol for what unites two such highly prestigious brands because we
    share the same values: raw passion, a love of perfection and technical precision right down
    to the smallest detail.”
    One of the strongest and most noticeable features of the timepiece is the bezel made of
    green carbon fiber – creating a link with Mexico‘s national flag.
    Clad in a shade of distinctive Green & Red,housed in a 18K King Gold or black ceramic case
    with a cylindricalgreen carbon fiber bezel, and black rubber and Schedoni leather strap with
    green stitching – it is a nod to not just the Mexican colours but also an homage to the Ferrari
    prestigious signature.The Big Bang Ferrari Mexico Limited Edition (45.5 mm in diameter)
    showcase the in-house flyback chronograph UNICO movement visible through the sapphire
    dial.
    With just a rarity of 25 numbered timepieces available in 18K King Gold, and 50 numbered
    timepieces in Ceramic, the case back of the watch also features the discreet legendary
    Prancing Horse surrounded by the National Mexican colors.
    The UNICO movement can be compared to the best possible engine to power a racing car,
    and it was selected, then designed and developed by Hublot to power the Big Bang Ferrari.
    With no fewer than 330 components, the column wheel and dual horizontal coupling appear
    on the dial. Frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour. The movement has 72 hours of power
    reserve, and is water resistant to 100 metres.An indexed crown (with Hublot‘s ‗H‘ logo
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    HUBLOT ∙ Suisse ∙ www.hublot.com - T +41 (0)22 990 90 00 ∙ F +41(0)22 990 90 29
    Contact Presse Internationale: Annabelle Galley - E-mail: [email protected]
    automatically positioning itself to remain in line) features elongated push buttons, fixed along
    a rotating axis like the pedals in a car whilst carbon inserts give the case a distinctive look.
    Each timepiece will come with two interchangeablestraps – Schedoni leather or black carbon
    fiber sewn onto black rubber - with an innovative quick-change system inspired by the safety
    seatbelt mechanism.
    The absence of superfluous accessories brings out the fusional and rational aspects of the
    Big Bang Ferrari Mexico‘s unique design, a pure expression of the values that characterize
    the sports spirit of Ferrari and at the same time the inimitable Hublot style.
    BIG BANG FERRARI MEXICO
    References 401.CQ.0123.VR.FMX15 – Limited edition of 50 pieces (Ceramic)
    401.OQ.0123.VR.FMX15 – Limited edition of 25 pieces(King Gold)
    Case 45-mm diameter in polished black satin-finish ceramicor satin-finish 18K King
    Gold
    Bezel Green carbon with 6 black PVD titanium H-shaped screws — sunken,
    polished and blocked
    Glass Sapphirewith interior / exterioranti-reflective treatment
    Bezel lug Black composite resin
    Lateral inserts Black composite resinand carbon inserts on the middle
    Crown Black PVD-treated, polished titanium, orsatin-finish 18K King Gold with black
    rubber insert
    Push pieces Black polished PVD titanium, black rubber insert at 2 o‘clock
    Red lacquered ―Ferrari‖ engraving at 4o‘clock
    Back Micro-blasted polished ceramic or satin-finish 18K King Gold
    ―SPECIAL EDITION‖ engraving
    Sapphire with interior anti-reflective treatment
    Water resistance 10 ATM or around 100 metres
    Dial Sapphirewithwhite Hublot decal logo
    Ferrari prancing horse applique treated in rhodium (Ceramic) or 5N gold (King
    Gold) at 9.00
    Black lacquered indexes (Ceramic) or satin-finish 5N gold (King Gold)
    Hands Lacquered in black(Ceramic)
    Satin-finish, 5N-treated (King Gold)
    Green and white superluminova™ – Red and black lacquer
    Movement HUB 1241 Unicomovement developed and manufactured by Hublot
    Automatic flyback chronograph
    Date Yellow aperture at 3o‘clock
    Power reserve Around 72 hours
    Strap Black rubber, Schedoni leather with green stitching or black carbon with
    green stitching
    Clasp Black PVD treated satin-finish titaniumand black ceramic or 18K5N gold
    Black PVD titanium folding buckle

10. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
  11. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    I have just stumbled across a Girard Perregaux 250 Tour de France watch, can anyone give an opinion on the value of this watch and any insight of how values have moved, if at all in recent years?

Paul

12. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    Paul, you have a pm.

13. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    #213 modena1967, Dec 5, 2015
  14. rstl99

rstl99 Rookie

Dec 22, 2015
    #215 rstl99, Dec 22, 2015
    A friend of mine recently bought this watch at a second-hand store. It does not run or wind.
    The dial says Girard-Perregaux and it has the Ferrari rectangular logo.
    It is a chronometer date watch with a screw-on back, which is stamped with the horse logo and has a number stamped below that. It is marked on the back "stainless steel back water resistant 100m/330ft
    The crown has 3 positions, and is a screw-on type (for water proofing). The crown has the horse on it.
    The stainless steel metal bracelet has the horse stamped on it.
    I will take it to someone who will remove the back (I don't have the tool) and reveal the movement inside, which may hold some clues.
    I attach pictures of the watch in case someone may have seen one like it (I looked on the internet and could not see one like it).
    I will provide information about the movement when I have access to the inside.

Any information about whether this watch may be a genuine GP Ferrari model (and if so which one) would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

15. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    Fake GP Ferrari watch.

16. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I love this watch-

The Hublot Big Bang Ferrari Mexico Limited Edition

17. rstl99

rstl99 Rookie

Dec 22, 2015
    You're right, it's a fake. Japanese movement inside, quartz. At least it works with a new battery so it's not a total loss! :)

18. ferrari-nut

ferrari-nut Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    ANTHONY
    Guys,

I have had this watch for some time and would love to know what it is worth as I think it's time to move it on.

It is a Girard-Perregauax Ferrari watch.

On the back it has the following engraved:

chronographe a ratirapante

Manufactured specialement pour Ferrari

serie limite numeretee

prototype 1994

I was told that it is a limited edition and was given to the Formula One drivers of the time.

It does not have any papers and the box is not the original box.

19. ferrari-nut

ferrari-nut Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    ANTHONY
    #220 ferrari-nut, Dec 28, 2015
    I have have had this watch for some time and would love to know what it is worth as I think it's time to move it on.

It is a Girard-Perregauax Ferrari watch.

On the back it has the following engraved:

chronographe a ratirapante

Manufactured specialement pour Ferrari

serie limite numeretee

prototype 1994

I was told that it is a limited edition and was given to the Formula One drivers of the time.

It does not have any papers and the box is not the original box.[/QUOTE]

20. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    May you have a caseback pic ?

21. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    #222 modena1967, Feb 2, 2016
  22. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    #223 Dino2400, Feb 22, 2016
  23. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    #224 modena1967, Apr 20, 2016
    MP-05 LAFERRARI Sapphire !

HUB9005.H1.PN.1 Manufacture
    Manualwinding Suspended Vertical
    Tourbillon 11 Series-coupled
    Transparent Hour, Minute, Second and
    Power

REF: 905.JX.0001.RT

Case : Polished Sapphire Crystal
    Movement : HUB9005.H1.PN.1 Manufacture Manualwinding
    Suspended Vertical Tourbillon 11 Series-coupled
    Transparent Hour, Minute, Second and Power
    Strap : Transparent Smooth Strap

24. modena1967

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    #225 modena1967, Apr 20, 2016
    Eberhard & Co. - Champion V Targa Florio 31063.
    Special Edition for the 100th Anniversary of Targa Florio.

To celebrate 100 editions of the Targa Florio (May, 5th - 8th 2016), Eberhard & Co will be the Official Timekeeper and will present a chronograph especially created for the competitors.

Technical features
    Reference: 31063.1 TF
    Movement: calibre ETA 7750,mechanical chronograph with automatic winding,
    2 counters: 30 minutes and 12. Date at 4 o’clock.
    Case: steel.
    Diameter of the case: 42,80 mm.
    Thickness of the case:14,45 mm.
    Case-back with satin centre zone and satin external circular zone,
    polished, locked by 6 screws. Personalised with engravings dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Targa Florio.
    Strap attachment:21.00 mm.
    Water-resistance:50m.
    Crown: steel, screw-in, personalised "E".
    Bezel: steel, with circular ring in aluminium coloured by iodine oxidation (eloxage) showing the hours scale.
    Glass: sapphire, convex, anti-reflective on the inferior side
    Dials:white with white counters, ruthenium counters profile and flange in black colour. Personalised with the Targa Florio logo at 9 o’clock
    Counters with snailed finish.
    Indexes: rhodium-plated, ruthenium, luminescent (C1).
    Hands:baton-shaped, satin, luminescent (C1).
    Central seconds hand in red.
    Strap:leather strap, with personalised buckle "E&C"
    Bracelet:steel, Chablis (upon request).