Ferrari Sightings | Page 145 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Red Porsche Cayman GT4 in Apex at the intersection of Laura Duncan Rd and US 64 at about 6:00 this evening.

Also saw that fake red 360 Spyder at an auto parts store in Concord on Tuesday evening.

2. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.

Hi Mark, every first Saturday of the month at Airport blvd in Morrisville. Great show last week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #3603 nicholasn, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    bberg009 likes this.
  4. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Great parking spot; lousy restaurant.

5. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yellow California T on 521 south in Indian Land (near Red Ventures) on 4/16.

I have seen a red California in the area many times, but this was the first time I have ever seen a yellow California.

6. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015
    [​IMG]

This 488 and an almost identical spec California.

7. krazykarguy

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
  8. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #3608 nicholasn, May 1, 2017
    NICE! Haven't seen a Huracan Spyder in person yet, but hopefully I'll see one around soon.

Couple of notable recent car sightings:

Monday, April 24th:
    -Porsche 991 GT3 RS with a wild wrap (or maybe a ton of racing stickers) on a trailer heading north on I-85 just south of Greensboro (near I-73) at about 4:30 or so. Maybe going to VIR? Didn't get more than a quick glance, as it was pouring rain and I was driving in the other direction, but it was white with a bunch of contrasting black, grey, and yellow squares.

Thursday, April 27th:
    -Black Ferrari California driving through the Park Road Shopping Center in Charlotte at 4:00. Had a dealer plate with a Metrolina tag holder and a woman driver.
    -White Bentley Bentayga at the EarthFare plaza in Southpark at 6:00. First one I've seen on the streets, kind of meh looking in my opinion.

Friday, April 28th:
    -White Ferrari California with black wheels heading south down Tryon St at the square in uptown Charlotte at 1:15. Tried to get a pic through my mirror as it passed by.

Sunday, April 30th:
    -Yellow Porsche 996 GT3 heading south on I-85 near exit 79 at about 5:10.
    -Dark blue Lamborghini Aventador heading west on I-40/I-85 somewhere between Greensboro and Mebane at 6:10 (didn't make note of the nearest exit, but it was probably near Burlington). Only caught a glimpse of it as it stormed past in the other direction, but it looked absolutely awesome.
    -Black later-model first-gen Audi R8 heading west on I-40 between Harrison Ave and Wade Ave at 7:30 or so. A black BMW i8 followed about half a mile behind.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Today, in Raleigh:

-Dark blue Ferrari 458 Italia heading west on Wade Ave just east of the Whole Foods plaza at about 6:00.
    -White Lamborghini Aventador Roadster on S Salisbury St in downtown at 6:20. Second time I've seen it so far; owner used to have the white Gallardo that was always on Glenwood Ave.

10. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #3610 nicholasn, May 25, 2017
    Monday, May 15th, in Charlotte:

Nero Ferrari 458 Italia at an office building on South Blvd in South End at about 11:00 pm.

Thursday, May 18th, in Charlotte:

Rosso Ferrari 458 Italia and orange McLaren 650S Spider at an office building in Ballantyne at about noon.

Saturday, May 20th, in Cornelius:

Rosso Ferrari California with the top down at Catawba and Jetton at about 4:00 pm. Couldn't react in time to get a pic of it.

----

Also saw some Astons, Bentleys, BMW i8s, a Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R, Porsches, and the like over the past week and a half. An honorable mention goes to the Oscar-Meyer Wienermobile I saw heading east on I-40/I-85 on the 15th near Mebane. Attached are pics of the 458s and 650S Spider.

bberg009 likes this.
  11. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Morning of June 9th in Ballantyne part of Charlotte: Ferrari 458

12. krazykarguy

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    - 360 Modena (Rosso Corsa) spotted driving north on 521/Johnston Rd June 10th AM
    - Verde Ithaca (Green) Huracan and Bianco Isis (White) Aventador (sporting Underground Racing stickers) June 10th PM parked in front of Porter's House restaurant off Providence Rd just south of 485. I'm pretty sure I also spotted this duo leaving Cars and Coffee (at the new location) last Saturday.

13. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #3613 nicholasn, Jun 12, 2017
    Dang, what time were the Lambos at The Porter's House? I was at that plaza on Saturday night. There were some nice cars there (GT350, Range Rover SVR, etc) but no Lambos.

----------

Lots of interesting cars out recently.

Friday, June 2nd, in Cary:

-Rosso Ferrari 430 Scuderia at Lochmere Rec Club at noon.

Sunday, June 4th, in Cary:

-Black SRT Viper at the Jones Franklin/Holly Springs Rd intersection at 6:15.

Thursday, June 8th, in Charlotte:

-White Audi R8 with black panel and wheels on inner I-485 near Mallard Creek Rd at 4:00 pm or so.

Saturday, June 10th, in Charlotte and Weddington:

-Rosso Ferrari California with a small wing at the Shell gas station at the Providence/Monroe-Weddington Rd intersection at 7:50.
    -White Lamborghini Aventador SV (!!!) at Sullivan's Steakhouse in South End at 10:20. There was Continental GTC V8 and an i8 in the valet as well.

Plus the usual Bentleys, Maseratis, and etc.

bberg009 likes this.
  14. krazykarguy

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    It was maybe 7:30-8:00PM when I spotted the Lamborghinis at Porter's.

I'd guess that the Aventador SV you spotted is the same one that comes to Charlotte C&C regularly (but was absent at the last one). As a matter of fact, exotics in general were absent from the new location...

15. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #3615 nicholasn, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Damn :( I was there around that time, don't know how I missed them. This was actually a different Aventador SV than the ones that show up at C&C periodically. It had a dealer plate and a Lamborghini Carolinas sticker on the windshield, although strangely I can't find anything about it being for sale on their site.

I suspect the SV you're thinking of is a white SV Roadster from the Rock Hill, SC area. The owner also has a G500 4x4 Squared and some other cool stuff. He used to have a McLaren P1 but sold it when he got the SV Roadster. I think he has sold the Lambo and is getting a Mercedes-AMG GT R in September (unless Mercedes runs out of carbon fiber again).

16. krazykarguy

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I didn't look close enough at the Sullivan's SV to notice that it was not a roadster... So there are TWO white Aventador SV's in this area, not to mention the yellow SV hardtop that has also graced C&C several times (first time I saw it was at FCI/Scott Jaguar when they were still hosting it in early '16).

17. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Yes, although sadly I do not think either of the white ones are still in the area. This one, as well as the Bentley parked next to it, was from Lamborghini Carolinas in Greensboro, and the white SV Roadster has been shipped off to Florida (I believe it is for sale at Prestige Imports in Miami). The owner of the matte yellow SV coupe I think owns a couple other Lambos as well, but he usually just brings the SV to car shows.

18. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Beautiful Rosso Corsa Ferrari F430 heading north on Sunset Lake Rd right near Sunset Lake in Holly Springs earlier this evening at about 6:30. Nice to see some exotics popping up in Holly Springs.

19. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Dark red Aventador in downtown Columbia early Saturday evening in the rain yesterday.

20. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015
    Yellow Testarossa at Greenville Cars and Coffee.

21. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #3621 nicholasn, Jul 4, 2017
    Happy 4th to all.

Couple of interesting recent sightings to report:

Sunday, June 25th, in Cary:

-Grey Porsche Cayman GT4 with black wheels on Tryon at Kildaire Farm shortly after 2:00. Hadn't seen this one around before.

Friday, June 30th, in Charlotte:

-Matte grey first-gen Audi R8 V10 on bronze wheels with black badges and panels in the Southpark Mall valet at 5:00.

Sunday, July 2nd, in Raleigh:

-Rosso Ferrari 458 Italia heading north on US-70/US-401/NC-50 right near Tryon a little after 8:00. Definitely don't see many exotics on the south side of Raleigh, so it took me by surprise, but somehow I did manage to get a pic as it drove past in the other direction.

22. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Greenville, SC

23. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I know that family. I've done some detailing for the owner of the Huracan. He just picked it up recently. Sweet ride.

24. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015
    The same red 458^^ and a yellow testarossa.

25. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Saturday, July 22nd, in Cary:

-White Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 turning onto Walnut from Tryon at a little after 4:00. First Huracan I've seen in person in the Raleigh area.
    -Black Lotus Evora in the Cinebistro parking lot at the Waverly Place shopping center at about 6:30. Also in the lot was a silver Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster.

Also saw a pretty new Bentley Continental GTC and a brand new Nissan GT-R driving around that afternoon.