Ferrari Sightings | Page 144 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Black Gallardo with red calipers on 521 this morning heading into SC.

2. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015
    Blue 488 in Greenville, SC. The owner has a 488 spyder on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    White 360 Modena at Cleveland Draft House outside of Garner (I-40/NC 42 area) at 2:30 or so earlier today. Seen it parked there a couple times before, must be a regular.

4. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #3579 southnc, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG].

6. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Pretty cool that there is finally a hypercar running around in Charlotte. The owner of that is a super nice guy, think he has an R8 V10 as well.

Great find! The Gallardo STS I saw last December in Harrisburg looked just like that.

7. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason

I saw this Gallardo yesterday afternoon around noon on Haywood Rd. Looks great in red.

8. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    You should try and blur out the License Plate numbers, prior to posting.

10. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015

Will do, thanks for suggesting!

11. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    From what I understand, there was a law passed in 1994 that prohibited the disclosure of personal information from license plates after an actress was murdered in the late '80s and proponents of pro-choice were harassed in the early '90s via information gleaned from license plate databases. All that can really be learned now is the make and model of a car. I am pretty sure no one has access to any personal information pertaining to license plates except DMV officials.

That said, I do typically cover the plates in my pictures save for two exceptions. The first is for custom plates, especially very witty ones: some people actually take pics of personalized plates because they think the combinations are funny or clever; I do not currently have a personalized plate, but am thinking about getting some for my next car, and if I was worried about people taking pics of my plate, I wouldn't get a customized plate. The second exception is for car shows: we all know that everyone is going to snap at least a few pics at a car show, and if I didn't want my plate to appear on the Internet, I either wouldn't take my car to the show or would cover/remove its plate.

Just my $0.02. :)

12. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #3587 nicholasn, Feb 23, 2017
    Forgot to post this last night. On Saturday, Feb 18th, in Charlotte, I found a red Lamborghini Aventador in the valet at the Southpark Mall. Amazingly, it wasn't melting from the rain.

Also saw a few Aston Martins, Bentleys, an Audi R8 Spyder, BMW i8, Lotus Elise, and Rolls-Royce Ghost within the past week.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Red 430 Spider with tan top on Six Forks south of Strickland around 2:00 Tuesday.

14. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Does anyone know of any Cars and Coffee events in/around Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary this Saturday March 11, 2017?

15. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Unless I'm missing something, I believe that the second Saturday of each month is the only weekend that there isn't a car show around Raleigh. A recent C&C has started at Road Scholars in Durham, but that is held on the third Saturday of each month. I'm sure you could just pull up to a random Starbucks in one of your cars and create an impromptu car show though. :D

Speaking of C&C, have any Charlotte-area users been going to the C&C at Windstream lately? I haven't been yet this year, but I've seen a couple videos on YouTube from some of the recent meets, and it looks borderline out of control (drivers trying to drift through the main intersection or blocking traffic on the main road to do a burnout for spectators, said spectators running around in said intersection between traffic trying to get that one additional pic/video to post on Instagram, and the like). Hate to say it, but I think it's only a matter of time before there's an accident, and it won't be pretty....

16. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015
    [​IMG]. Spotted by my friend who lives in NC

17. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Saw a yellow Aventador SV on Tyvola in Charlotte yesterday.

18. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I took the car to that event. I had it from Thursday at noon until 3PM yesterday (Sunday). When I picked it up at Dulles Airport it had just over 10,000 miles on it and when they picked it up from my at my house it had just under 11,000 miles and about 18 hours of driving under its lovely belt. This car is a huge step up for McLaren and is going to really transform the company. I drove a 488 Spider a few weeks ago, which was lovely, but this car is a much bigger leap over the 650S than the 488 is over my former beloved 458.
    [​IMG]

19. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #3594 MarkNC, Mar 13, 2017
  20. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I know the 720S is probably functionally superior to the 650S and 675, but I don't for its looks.

Unless you plan on tracking it - and I would rather have a Radical for that mission - I would opt for the 570S for road use instead.

21. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well if you're going to buy a Radical AND a 570S you'd be better off just spending the money on the 720S because it will be awesome on the track and comfortable and roomy on road for when you want to go on a nice trip. But they're all good choices. I like to go to the track and McLaren's are amazing on track. But I don't have the time for a dedicated track car. I'm into cars I can drive to the track, on the track and then home again. 720S would be perfect for that.

But if you can't get over it's looks it's clearly not for you anyway. I think it's the most beautiful McLaren yet. Don't judge it by that car I drove, wait until you see it yourself in a proper color. I've seen it in person in three colors now and the other two were absolutely stunning.

22. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Glad your happy with it and congrats on getting it so quickly. I hope to see it in person some day.

23. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Nicholas

As one of two organizers of the Charlotte Cars and Coffee I will say the new location has been great and challenging. We have had over 900 cars most months. It is the largest C&C in the US based on what we are told from other states and organizers. But the success has brought challenges of behavior and respect. Even when we pay for two Sheriffs deputies to monitor. So we are considering our options. Micheal and I will post updates in the near future here and the other normal locations about C&C Charlotte.

Sincerely
    Peter

24. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #3599 southnc, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    I can't say enough about the heroic effort that Peter and his team does for supporting enthusiasts in the Charlotte region.

As an alternative, however, there is a Cars and Cappuccino in South Charlotte that is European cars only. It is a Porsche-heavy event, but has Ferraris, Lambos, McLarens, Maseratis, Aston Martin, and many other very exclusive cars. The numbers are only a fraction of the Charlotte C&C, but the quality of the cars and especially the people is vastly better IMO. You can find them on Facebook. They usually meet the 3rd Sunday of the month.

25. nitsud

nitsud Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    A few sightings from the last week or so:

-Red Ferrari 360 down highway 521 near Indian Land last Saturday evening.
    -Light blue Ferrari 360 on Johnston Road near Ballantyne Commons Parkway Thursday.
    -Red Ferrari 458 in the Ballantyne Business Park last Sunday Morning.

-Black Aston Martin DB9 in the Ballantyne Business Park Thursday afternoon.
    -Dark Blue Ford GT on Rea Road in front of Stonecrest Shopping Center Friday morning. Hardly ever see these out, it was really cool!
    -Dark gray McLaren 12C on Ballantyne Commons Parkway near Community House Road Friday afternoon.

Also, never got around to posting it but back in late November I spotted the red Iso Grifo on I-485 near Huntersville. Was really neat seeing it out on the road.