Ferrari rentals in HK | FerrariChat

Ferrari rentals in HK

Discussion in 'Asia' started by will89, Sep 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. will89

will89 Karting

Dec 29, 2013
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Will
    Hey,

Anybody based in Hong Kong knows of rentals like 458 / F12?
    I've asked hotel concierge and called a few places but the only thing I can get my hands on is a Californie.
    Moving to HK is a possibility so would want to see what it feels like to drive super cars here, street quality roads outside the city center etc.

Here for another week any help would be welcomed!

Thanks!

Will

2. JimC

JimC Karting

Jul 11, 2002
    HK / Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hi Will,

I've never seen any exotic car rentals in HK so I can't provide more info on that. However, I can give you some of my experiences about driving in HK. Generally the road quality is OK and on Sunday mornings some of the owners will drive to Big Wave Bay or Deer Neck for the fun roads. In the city center, it's pretty hard to go over 80 km/h and the highest speed limit for HK freeway is 110 km/h. Driving around town is not an issue but finding a good spot in any parking garage can be tough.

Anyway, hope you are enjoying your time in HK.

Jim

3. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I've lived here in HK for a long time and run a 550 here
    I'm not aware of any exotic rentals here
    To be honest on some levels it's not the best place in the world to own a V12 its hard to park them here and given the heat and traffic the car never really gets to spread its legs.in some jams mine threatens to overhead sometimes. Cars with wide turning circles are not really that practical either. ON the plus side you can leave them unlocked and no one will steal it in fact unlike many places in the world HK is a place where people are happy you own one. I.e. It won't get vandalized as it might in other locations

4. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    v8 is fine in HK. will feel better because of the windy mountain roads and the balance of the mid engine car. v12 not enough highway or long stretches to really take advantage of the speed. there are no exotic rentals i've heard of.

5. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Why not just rent a normal car and drive around first ��