Ferrari of Ft Lauderdale Recommendation | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Ft Lauderdale Recommendation

Discussion in 'Florida' started by FLGT, May 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLGT

FLGT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2008
    #1 FLGT, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    I am potentially interested in a used (non-Ferrari) car for sale at Ferrari of Ft Lauderdale dealership.

Unfortunately, I don't know any of the sales guys there. If there is a particularly good person you guys could recommend that I speak with, or someone to avoid, would be great if you were to PM me.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Hank Carpenter - great guy - years of experience and very active in the FCA - Ferrari Club of America

HankCarp likes this.
  3. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Ben Corellie(can't spell his last name), Rene, all great guys also.
    They will give it to you straight up - service is also great. You can see the quality of cars there

HankCarp likes this.
  4. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    My experience has been with Hank Carpenter- stand up, great guy.

HankCarp likes this.
  5. gmoney56

gmoney56 Karting

Dec 14, 2009
    John Levy good guy very knowledgeable.Bought a car from him.

HankCarp likes this.
  6. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    +1

HankCarp likes this.
  7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Between Jon, Ben and Hank, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Top shelf guys.

BHW

HankCarp likes this.
  8. FLGT

FLGT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2008
    Thanks Gents!

9. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Not to Hi Jack the thread, I am also looking at a car there, a Ferrari, are they reputable? Would anyone have a issue with buying from them sight unseen? I know they had the issue with one of the former sales guy, and from what I understand he was a good guy as well. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have been working with Filip.

10. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I would buy a car unseen from FFL - they will tell you what it is

11. tomberlin

tomberlin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2005
    Bethesda
    Full Name:
    tom berlin
    Another vote for Jon Levy.

Tom

12. StephenB

StephenB Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2007
    S Florida
    Full Name:
    Stephen Bruno
    +1

13. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I like Hank. A good car guy.

HankCarp likes this.
  14. Ferrari DLR

Ferrari DLR Karting

Mar 20, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Garrett Hayim
    Hi guys,

I own FmFL and feel like a proud Papa as this store is my child and like a proud father I am glowing that we have earned the respect of the FChat community to a point where we are receiving such praise. I hope we not only earn your respect but honor it by continuing to treat Ferrari owners the same way over and over again.

FLGT and Red Menace. I can assure you that you have made a great choice. I welcome you to talk to any of our very knowledgeable experts. To guide you properly, I would need to know what car you are interested in as each of our guys are have a niche and specific expertise.

For example if is a used non ferrari I would recommend Scott or Hank. If the car is a classic than John levy would most likely be your guys. If it I a late mode or newly vintage than John, !Benn, Hank or Rene all are terrific.

When you come in, i would love to come out and meet you. If you purchase sight unseen I can guarantee that our description will be accurate (for better or worse). I cannot guarantee that every car is like brand new but many are. We often sell cars that are almost 60 years old so what I can promise is that it will be as described.

No other dealer has the quality of cars we have as I am an OCD and WE run the store my way. I can assure you, and I bet FChat posters will confirm, hat we run the store with prid, integrity and bone all else a love for cars as I didn't grow up as a car dealer. I am a car lover who got very lucky.

I hope you enjoy the Experience as much as the car.
    Garrett.

PS this my first post in a long while. I had some health issues but as they say...... I am back!!!

Eli355 and HankCarp like this.
  15. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Glad to hear you are feeling better, Garrett

16. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Just my input, but I have known Hank personally/professionally since 2006. He is a great guy. I have been in the business for almost 17 years, and I can't think of a better guy to earn you business, to tell you the truth, and to take care of you post sale, than Hank Carpenter. Heck, I saw they had a job opening a few weeks ago and entertained the idea of applying because working beside him would be awesome. You wont find anyone with more passion for the brand, or more knowledge, or better customer service, than Hank.

HankCarp likes this.
  17. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    They are the best! I have bought over 12-13 cars from FFL and NEVER had any issue.

HankCarp likes this.
  18. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Garrett,

Very nice post. I will be moving permanently to Naples later this year and will be looking for a dealer to service my 488 Spider. Algar has been tremendous here in Philly so I hope your staff can do the same.

19. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I do like Hank, he was very easy to get along with and kept me updated and very honest.

20. Ferrari DLR

Ferrari DLR Karting

Mar 20, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Garrett Hayim
    I accept the challenge my friend!!!! Algar is a terrific dealer and we service Naples almost daily as we have so many clients who live there and it really is not that far.

21. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I have to say we have an amazing group of guys here at Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale! I really love this business and I'm very passionate about Ferrari, the brand and the history!

Please let me know what I can do to earn your business. It doesn't matter to me if you're looking for a LaFerrari or a Prius, I want to help you! We always have a great inventory here and if we don't have it, I'll find it for you. You can reach me anytime on my cell at 336-516-3855 or email me at: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from my fellow FChatters!

Hank Carpenter

22. LittleTino

LittleTino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 14, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Just another happy customer here. Hank sold me my F430 Spider a few months ago. What sets these guys apart is the support after sale. Some issues popped up right after delivery and FmFL was exceptionally responsive in getting everything resolved as conveniently as possible. Will definitely look Hank's way again when its time add something to the stable.

23. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ben is a great guy

24. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Thanks Bob and I appreciate your business. We have a great team here at Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale and I always try to tell people how important it is to buy a Ferrari from an Authorized Dealer because we stand behind every car we sell! I'm glad you're happy with your F430 Spider and I must say it looks amazing with the Scud Wheels! Forza Ferrari!

Hank

25. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    You cant go wrong with anyone at FFL...... they all have earned the respect of the car community!!!

Ben and John are some of the most knowledgeable Ferrari salespeople in the country, perhaps the world, as they have a combined tenure farther than just about anyone. They have seen and done it all with the brand over many years.

Hank is absolutely, without question, not only a fantastic salesperson, but is so passionate about the brand and his customers, that I would call him a brand ambassador. He will give you the real-deal info about a car, and will prefer to be honest to earn your loyalty and continued business, rather than just sell you one car.

As for the owner, Garrett, he personally posted. That should speak volumes about how involved he is in all aspects of the business, and how serious he is about earning and keeping your business.

They do a good job of vetting and sifting through inventory, to offer the best examples of automobiles available. And, more importantly, they stand behind their word.

Personally, I always like to see whatever car I am buying, but that is just my personality. But, if there were ever a place that I were to buy sight-unseen, this is probably the only place I would do so. But, if you did come to see it, you would certainly enjoy meeting the team there!!!

Good luck in your search.....hope this info is helpful!!