Ferrari F1 **spoilers** | FerrariChat

Ferrari F1 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Oct 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What a screwed up season this is.

Time to clean house? My guess is Vettel will end up finishing 3rd in the championship. It wasn't that long ago he was LEADING until --

1) stupid antics by both drivers
    2) poor pace and performance in races they were supposed to win
    3) a lack of reliability

AND GENERAL WHINING about everything which is getting annoying.

This team is acting like it wants to give Mercedes the championship. Such great promise but once again, embarrassing failure.

WHY?

VPX, Robb and Caracciola like this.
  2. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    As it looks it is kinda tough as much as we try to keep the faith ... so far Alonso is still right when he said when Ferrari wins a WDC it will the time he was wrong about leaving or something like that.

3. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Damn !!!

I thought you had some Ferrari front spoilers for sale :) :p

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Italian team run by italians.

Caracciola likes this.
  5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Here we go again... :rolleyes:

For a season where they were supposed to be the fourth or fifth team because the English technical director left abruptly for the main competition the Italians are doing pretty well

DeSoto and Makuono like this.
  6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #7 DeSoto, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    They keep saying the same, despite the Swiss technical director and the German engine designer. But always the same lazy reasoning: "oh, well, Italians are not WASPs... like me".

Back to the topic, some ferraristi are always complaining that Ferrari tends to overreact, firing everybody and not allowing the team to develop. But those guys are the same that start whinning first. Ferrari comes from a winless season to become a challenge for Mercedes, the first time in 4 years that someone manages to do that. They´re having less reliability problems than Mercedes in 2016, and the drivers , although they´re not at their best, are what they had available. I don´t care if they don´t win this season if they manage to keep rising the bar next year: that´s how 5 championships in a row are won.

I guess some people like to argue for the sake of arguing.

moretti likes this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The pace the Ferrari shows could well turn the title around. Yes LH has a lead but the trend is for Ferrari to be faster now. If the race is dry in Suzuka and results are better for Ferrari in terms of reliability that should be a good thing. No team is perfect but reliability Ferrari must hope that they are through a difficult period now. LH must be careful as well. He only has so much he can risk. If pace is the problem for Mercedes he must respond and take a bit more risk to compensate. Careful may not be enough for him.

Kimi must be ahead of Bottas.

moretti and jcurry like this.
  8. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Lewis is being very careful now in protecting his lead. In the cool down room, Lewis told Max he didn't want to chance getting hit by him. lol

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yup....as I have said before in another thread......risk assessment and damage control when it comes to Max is of high priority with Mercedes. Just let him (Max) go and bring the car home for maximum pts. Max knows this and used it to his advantage.

kraftwerk likes this.
  10. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    It is amazing how a driver not in the hunt for the WDC, can play such a big role in it.

11. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven

Why is this amazing? This driver happens to be I a position that he can. What do you suggest? Let Ham and Vet start with 30 sec advancement over the rest as the rest is not in the hunt for a WDC?

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes Max is out to raise his stock value and is intent on winning, so in theory at this stage, it is better for Kimi and Bottas to give Max a run for his money, but even then it can go wrong... ask Vettel.

13. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I think Ferrari clearly has the fastest car now and Mercedes upgrade appears to be a dud. If Ferrari can sort out their one bad weekend (Singapore was the driver's faults, the cars were good), they'll be in good shape for the stretch run. The red bulls now being competitive is a help as they can take points from the mercs.

jcurry and kraftwerk like this.
  14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Your glass is always half full. Nice.

15. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes agreed, seems to me to be far too many negative doom and gloom Ferrari naysayers, Hamilton has not got this years WDC cut and dried yet.

16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Vettel is driving as if he is the favored one in the sport like he was in the past. Driving in ways that aren't necessarily against the rules or blatantly careless however doing things that may slightly push the gray areas e.g. pulling up along side Stroll or pinching Max. However Seb is not favored. It seems that now he is not the driver that behind the scenes that maybe other drivers and teams are warned not touch or do not disrupt his race in any way or suffer large consequences. Has he lost some key support in the sport generally speaking? Has he lost respect of the drivers, especially the young ones Stroll and Max? If so was it a result of his balking of Elton? Did it start earlier than that perhaps when he was hit by Kvyat and seemed to intervene in his career? Is it a result of some rumors we've heard about awful attitude from the Scuderia in the pits? Is it some of these things or all of the above ??

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I think you are correct in your thinking,plus there is a massive weight on his shoulders from the media in Italy etc. I also think he might be concerned that he could end up like Alonso with no WDC at Ferrari ,with no obvious place to move to...so this has to be his year.

crinoid likes this.
  18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Then Seb has (HAS) to win every race from here on in.

crinoid likes this.
  19. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I still think we can win the WDC. Kimi is getting solid. The car is the best on the grid at the moment. Or, the fastest I must say. Lewis had it lucky in the last two races. We still can do this.

crinoid likes this.
  20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    There is some of that. In addition I always thought that Seb is insanely fast and talented but lacks race craft. Time and again he has been in trouble when he couldn't run away from the front. Yes he cut through the field yesterday like a knife through butter, but that was on an ultra wide track with the fastest car on the field. Once he hit a formidable challenger as DR the passing came to an abrupt end.

21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Are you still talking about Vettel or Lewis and Nico last year? It was like this all the years that they can overtake a lot of cars in the back if they need to and once they end up with the others from the RB/Ferrari/Mercedes sextette it is over...nothing new this year...I only do not understand why it is looked at differentely depending on who does it???

22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Vettel is 36 points behind World Championship leader Lewis Hamilton with five races to go, while Ferrari are 118 points adrift of Mercedes in the Constructors' Championship.

Its over folks...... better luck next year.

daytona355 likes this.
  23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

24. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    By the time he caught DR there was only an outside chance at getting past due to the state of his tires. Nothing to do with DR being a formidable challenger.