Ferrari Corso Pilota at COTA? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Corso Pilota at COTA?

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by rob lay, Feb 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. comet

comet Rookie

Oct 20, 2013
    What is the best way to get experience driving Ferrari's on track? I have been driving Porsche's at D.E's for 4 years and have a GT4 Club Sport that I have been getting track time with in anticipation of racing in the PCA East Coast Series next year. I went through the Porsche Driving School at Barber 2 years ago, competing the Masters' Plus course, and have been getting professional coaching in my Club Sport. I will do some Club Racing with PCA as part of the requirement to get my racing license this year. I did a track day with McLaren back in '13 that got me familiar with their cars, so does Ferrari offer anything like that to potential owners?

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Probably cheaper than diamonds.

3. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

4. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    The cost was $13,500 for the COTA Sport course last March, and I recently received an email for the Advanced course in Canada for $15K.

It wouldn't surprise me if non-owners occasionally attend these courses, but when I registered for the Sport course I was required to provide proof of ownership before I received confirmation, and everyone in our class was an owner, most with multiple F Cars. Best way to get a direct answer is to contact the folks at FNA responsible for course registrations.

Jim

5. comet

comet Rookie

Oct 20, 2013
    I purchased a 488 GTB this week from Ferrari of Houston, and received all the information on the courses available. From reading the thread, it seems that I need to get used to my car for a while, then do a D.E. with it at COTA if what I am looking for is track time with this type.

I have done extensive driving with my '15 911 turbo s at COTA and after getting my GT4 Club Sport christened at Daytona (first time to drive the track and first time to drive the Club Sport) last Fall at the PCA Club Sport race and HPDE, I did an MVP track even in March with Dave Scott for coaching, followed by the next weekend in April with Cory Friedman coaching me, gaining speed in a solid rain weekend with only a couple sessions on the dry slicks. Got a good chance to use the Michelin rains that came with the car.

I understand that more opportunities to track Ferraris are open to me after becoming an owner, but since I know the track, and really just want to get track experience with the 488, I believe I will start with the D.E. approach.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ferrari of Houston doesn't do customer track days any more? They use to 10+ years ago.

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

I'm guessing the race team takes up everybody's time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Dont rule out Corsa Pilota. I did the Sport course at Mont Tremblant last month and it is really, really good. Top notch instructing and an amazing track.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Certainly, I just wonder 13 weekends with Drivers Edge, PCA, and NASA vs. one Corsa Pilota. If you just want to do one track event in your life and really don't care about becoming the best track driver you can be, the Corsa Pilota would be it.