Ferrari chatter arrested | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Ferrari chatter arrested

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AJ, Apr 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Well, we already know that isn't his real name as pointed out earlier by barnfound330. Being if he is in organized crime, than I wouldn't want to "come out" against him if I were anywhere near his ~local~ enforcement areas either.

2. flyguyskt

flyguyskt Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2009
    South Dakota
    Full Name:
    sean
    hey he has great taste in cars ...i dont care what he does for a living!

DGPF likes this.
  3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    He did have the cars he said he did and in emails he never asked for anything but advise. In my case he asked about a failed nose lifter in his Enzo. He's not the only FCHATTER who has. His posts about the "2008" Enzo were true as well. He did buy if from a FCHATTER who posted about selling it to him and it was as described, basically a wrecked Enzo that the Factory Drove a new car under the wrecked Enzo's chassis plate.

There's also no question that he was plugged into the Factory as his statements about Future Product were accurate.

The part that still makes no sense is:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139549791&postcount=52

As a futher aside he really doesn't look French to me and the time I spoke to him on the phone, about the Enzo nose lifter he didn't sound French either.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I read it Napolis assisted in locating the car........no harm, no foul there.....

The account of the arrest is the article that cites the Internet connection....no idea on it's accuracy.

I do agree an arrest and a conviction are two different things....

Peace out.........

5. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Mike James is not my name, don't make it Alexander Surin!

6. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    No I simply answered a question about the nose lifter in his other Enzo as posted above.

7. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Is his real name Mike Boparan or is this wrong?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139549791&postcount=52

I still don't think, after speaking to him, that he's French.

8. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #133 nthfinity, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    So, are you saying you know for certain that Icemanbops is not Alexander Surin?

If somebody who knows can put this to rest, than that will be the end of this thread quickly. Everything else is speculating... coincidence etc.

9. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Issac read the link I referenced.

Something makes no sense.

10. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Noted

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    his email starts with mikebops.

12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  13. Ferrari_Michael

Nov 30, 2006
    Look, I don't know the story but I have a fair idea. I think it is VERY important to let the justice system, no matter where in the world it may be, run its course. I hope that this is all cleared up in a legal way, and people can refrain from making assumptions and passing them off as fact. Our fellow forum member is a human being who is/was a valuable inputter and may continue to be so. He should be judged on fact, not coincidences.

No doubt these words will fall on deaf ears but I really, really, really hope the regulators of FerrariChat have sought legal advice concerning this matter.

Good evening gentlemen.

14. Ferrari_Michael

Nov 30, 2006
    Unbeliveable move. Does confidentality mean nothing to you. I'm shocked. You will get what the law sees fit.

DGPF likes this.
  15. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wow.. considering he signed all of his posts with "Mike" and the last part of his screen-name was "bops" it's not like Rob posted some revolutionary information here. :rolleyes:

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    i would watch your threats. I don't bark much, but I do bite.

17. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #142 CMY, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    And on another note, if you are buying multiple examples of expensive/rare cars because you want to keep one in each country you live in, AND you're accused of being involved in an international drug ring, it's possible you *might* have a few aliases to go along with the rest of your bizarre lifestyle.

I agree that something doesn't add up, but at this point does anything about this situation seem normal to anyone? We're probably looking at the tip of the iceberg right now.

18. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    He didn't even give an @xxx.com. And my email is the same--it's a simple derivative of my name. Not that big of a deal and not too hard to figure out.

Time will play a part in the telling here. What are the gaps in his logins? In other words, did he not log on often enough and for long enough to make this headline and his current last login date a coincidence?

I don't think anyone here is trying to push too hard. I respect the fact the this man is innocent until proven guilty, but the fact remains that there is already public information surfacing on other web portals that is available to anyone with access to Google. I don't think it's a crime for people on his personal forum to debate this and try and figure out what's going on.

Hope I haven't said too much.

Cheers.

19. Ferrari_Michael

Nov 30, 2006
    I like to think I am educated to a level whereby I atleast recognise where I am making a threat, I do not see where any threat was made by anybody apart from you.

When somebody, anybody, signs up to a public forum, they are usually given the option to hide their email addresses from 'public' view. You have now, albeit partially, taken that choice away from somebody. That's not cool.

If you want to bite, go ahead, I have much bigger teeth. That's not a threat, its a promise.

DGPF likes this.
  20. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Glad someone posted this.

The whole profession substitutes working hard for turning a fast buck on ruining other people's lives. I wouldn't liken it to building a real business, and I don't think being able to purchase a Veyron with money gotten this way is much of an accomplishment. You're giving it way more respect than it deserves.

Profitable crime with materialism as the end goal seems like a pretty empty life, IMHO.

21. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Who wants extra salt on their popcorn?

22. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    ...countdown begins.

23. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    I spoke with Mike a number of times over the phone, I can assure you he's not French.

There are still many cars that have yet to be discovered........

24. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Keyser Soze perhaps!?

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you were throwing legal threats around.

I think you are seeing from not just me, but other users that they don't agree with you.

not mine you should really worry about.