Ferrari 355F1 Berlinetta (Track Day) | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 355F1 Berlinetta (Track Day)

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Rothbauer_Racing, Jun 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rothbauer_Racing

Rothbauer_Racing Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    Greg,

Thanks! Yep, it's buckets of fun out on track, chasing modern 911's and Caymans. Those Caymans with track suspension are just outright fast making a great track car for the $$$.

Our group of three 1974 911 E class cars were racing and one just broke a track record: 2:31.xx at COTA for their class on Saturday.

2. Rothbauer_Racing

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    #127 Rothbauer_Racing, May 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Yes, parting is such sweet sorrow.

4. Rothbauer_Racing

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    #129 Rothbauer_Racing, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Going into this event I had my 1999 Ferrari 355F1 Electric hydraulic pump upgraded to the Ricambi America Part #: PAB355F1-C F355 F1 Pump Combo which uses a 360 modena pump. As much as I like the OEM 355F1 pump, this is just a better cost saving measure should the pump go out again over time. We upgraded the hydraulic line from the new 360 electric pump to the Hill Engineering adapter plate with a braided stainless steel line to cope with the hard tracking we put the 355F1 under.

Using a 360 F1 Pump in an F355 - Ricambi America, Inc.

Reviewing my notes and analyzing (F1 Trans Light) from the weekend it’s possible the additional heat from the fabspeed headers (no blankets yet) in the engine compartment may have increased hydraulic fluid to overheat? It turns out the Challenge Muffler pipe on the far left closest to the F1 pump area may have generated extra heat casing the temps within the hydraulic lines to increase? Also just inches away is a steel plate that blocks the F1 pump from the HI-FLOW CATS which we know raise some serious heat as well in the engine compartment.

We are using Motul DEXTRON III (automatic gearbox oil) for the 6-speed F1 sequential transmission system. Do all these additional mods which add heat to the engine compartment affect the F1 system?

So why did the F1 light come on approaching T12? This is the long 0.62-mile (1.00 km) back straight where the 355F1 Evolution goes 140+ mph! I can only think of engine compartment heat so, I will most likely try to build some additional shields or add some kind of air duct to keep the F1 system cooler.

Ferrari Challenge Race @ COTA: Ferrari 458 Challenge EVO: Austin, 14 May, 2016 – Qualifying: Gregory Romanelli (The Collection) marked the fastest qualifying session time with a 2:11.357 around the 3.4-mile circuit.

5. Rothbauer_Racing

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    #130 Rothbauer_Racing, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have 190 photos to review and I will select some of the best ones taken by Mike Stahlschmidt @ Sideline Sports Photography, LLC during our PCA COTA Event.

Entering T1 @ Circuit of the Americas (COTA). Not sure where the other one was taken?

That GT3 Cup car behind me was FAST!!! With the new challenge exhaust along with all the other race cars it was music to my ears.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Rothbauer_Racing

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    #131 Rothbauer_Racing, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2021
    1999 Ferrari 355F1 Berlinetta
    Rosso Corsa Red w/tan interior
    Mileage: 26k (Serviced at Sphere Motorsports for 7 years)

One of a Kind 355F1 Track Car - Setup/Upgrades with F1, Perfect for the Road or Track!

This is a Street Legal OBDII 5.2 Track Car with Ferrari F355 Challenge Spec Upgrades ($35K)

I was able to get this car to run 2:38's at Circuits of the Americas - Austin, TX

Front 21mm & 19mm Rear Challenge Sway bars & drop Links
    Front & Rear Challenge Calipers & Rotors + Challenge Brake Lines (Pagid RS29 Yellow
    Pads)
    Front & Rear Challenge Dampers + 1800/900 spring setup
    Front & Rear Challenge Studs and Titanium nuts
    Challenge Suspension ECU
    Challenge Front Tow Hook
    Challenge Transmission Oil Cooler Kit
    360 Challenge Stradale F1 paddles
    2 Sparco EVO racing seats + Sabelt 6 point harness
    Tubi Muffler + 355 Challenge Muffler (Louder)
    1 - 355 Challenge Exhaust (Loudest)
    Fabspeed Race Headers (no blankets)
    1 Set of Speedline Challenge Rims Pirelli Trofeo R 235/40/18 & 265/40/18

Spares:
    1 Additional Challenge engine Oil Radiator with hoses (NEW)
    1 Set of Speedline Challenge Rims Pirelli Slicks 245/18 & 305/18
    1 Set Vid/Carbon Seats (need to be redone)

+ All OEM Stock PARTS, Wheels, Spares, etc...

Price: $85,000 OBO (I can separate the Challenge items and sell separate if req'd.) The price of the 355F1 will be much lower. I am trying to sell as a turn key track car that you can actually drive to and from the track. This is the only one!

If your familiar with F355 Challenge then you know you only a handful of them are street legal, this is a 355F1 with the Challenge kit added to it, minus the roll cage. You don't want that in your day to day driving! For the track yes, I never oped for it, actually could not find one.

7. Rothbauer_Racing

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    F355 berlinetta F1 Challenge - Z06Nut

We finally got a chance to do a current status photo shoot of the 355F1 Berlinetta Track Car (Challenge Upgrades) in the garage.

Enjoy!

Stanislaus R.R.

brazilianferrarist likes this.
  8. Rothbauer_Racing

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    Ferrari Challenge North America - Circuit of the Americas

Cooper McNeil - 1st Place - 488 Challenge w/ a qualifying session time of 2:10.095, a full second over the 458 Evo!

Lets jump onboard the 488 Challenge race car for a lap of the Circuit of the Americas. Didier Theys, chief instructor for the series will discuss the particulars of taking on a very challenging layout.

Ciao,

Stanislaus R.R.