F430 Axle Boot Blankets | FerrariChat

F430 Axle Boot Blankets

Discussion in 'Parts & Collectibles' started by LorenzoR, Aug 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

#1 LorenzoR, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Im working on a cooler engine bay and i have a few things in the works. That thin shield between the exhaust pipe and the axle boot doesnt do much in my opinion. So i made some axle boot blankets that will keep the extreme heat from radiating off the pipe towards the axle boot. The materials that i used inside and out are fire proof and will withstand temps up to 1800 degrees. I have them wrapped with ss tie wraps that lock into place. I have been testing them on my car for a couple weeks now and all is good. These will be approx $200 for a pair. I am also in the process of testing blankets for the cats. If theres any interest in them email me. [email protected],,,Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Interesting. I think there's a lot of potential for this kind of stuff. Might want to take some temperature measurements before and after in order to quantify the benefits.

3. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I took measurements with a heat laser. The pipe above the axle boot is app 350 degrees. With the blanket around it the temp is 200ish The material im using is rated for 1800 which is way overkill but i wanted to play it safe. The inside material is 2 inches thick before i compressed it down to 3/4 to be able to wrap it. The heat reflecting to my axle boot is greatly dimished. Ive also made blankets for the cat converters that i will post up shortly

4. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Very cool!