F40 Seats | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F40 Seats

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Jati, Mar 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Joe - Might I suggest posting some photos of your existing seats including close up shots of the defective areas. For $12,000 I would imagine that someone would jump at your offer if they didn't think your seats were too bad/unrepairable.

2. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    They do not, however, no modifications are necessary. Nothing changes from OEM. You just need some OMP (or other) seat brackets that will screw into the existing holes. I actually had some aluminum plates made to raise the sit 1/2 inch higher and to move the seat brackets forward a little. You lose the slider option that the OEM seats have but I figured no one else is going to be driving me F40 so who cares if the seats are fixed. Fortunately, my Ferrari technician at Ferrari of Orange County was even shorter than I am and had no problem with my revised seat position.

3. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    #28 Jati, Apr 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Here is a pic of my seats in the car. The seats are faded more than the pic shows. There are some places on both seats where the foam beneath the nomex is losing its shape also...Tough to see from the picture, but look closely at the passenger seat thigh support, where the stitching is & you can see the padding in the rows is a bit dimpled. If you look closely at the side/upright of the drivers seat, one can see the slight stress lines associated with getting in and out of the seat....No cracks though.

JG
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Geez Joe. Those don't look too bad. I bet you could probably send the seats back to Ferrari's restoration department and they could restore them to brand new for you for less than $12,000 (or certainly no more than $12,000). They have a department that exclusively restores cars. I'm sure they could do the seats. My suggestion would be to contact Ferrari NA and make some inquiries. You could end up with "officially restored F40 seats" from Ferrari with supporting documentation! :)

5. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i understand the quest and cost for perfection. what is the best guess as to the "street" value to the seats that are currently in the car?

6. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Joe, you are a true perfectionist i see however i suppose these things have to be done to achieve a possible concours car. I would seriously investigate the re-trim by A N Other or the cost by Ferrari as to me you seem to be offering a fairly substantial amount for what looks like a fairly easy (ish) fix. Dont increase the bid anymore as I'm sure you'll find them with an offer like that!

Regards,

Matthew