F40 Seats | FerrariChat

F40 Seats

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Jati, Mar 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    Anyone here stashing U.S. OEM F40 seats for a rainy day?
    I'm looking for a like new (unfaded) pair. Will pay the big bucks! :)
    Also need a hatch/door lock tumbler.
    TIA, Joe

2. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    I have a brand new set wrapped in bags. What is BIG BUCKS mean?

3. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Joe, contact Frefan (Mike), he has the last set purchased from the factory in original boxes.

4. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    If interested in letting your seats go, please send me a PM and we can possibly negotiate a price. :)

TIA, Joe

5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Hey Joe: In case fresh seats dont work out... I called Pete tonight and he says for sure at my request he will supply you with 2 plus metres of Nomex - enough to cover 2 seats, if youre interested. Ive e-mailed you his contact.

Good luck either way!

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

6. sylvian

sylvian Rookie

Apr 30, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I am also looking for at least one seat but will buy a set if necessary. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Richard..
    Los Angeles
    [email protected]

7. johnvwatts

johnvwatts Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2007
    England
    Full Name:
    John v watts
    I might be interested in one seat also! I blame Levi 501 's. Maybe this is a class action lawsuit against Levi's?! Or alternatively, Joe could supply me with details of the nomex contact or happy to go throught you if you want. Send me a pm?

8. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    and i have been looking for the seatbelts for the driver's side of my F40...any help will be appreciated

9. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I'll outbid you all by 100 Quatloos....!!!

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Sent.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

11. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I know everyone knows that the european seats with the two holes on the top part that accomodate their seatbelts are not original equipment on US cars. I have seen one example that was converted to those seats because I suppose they can accomodate Stabilt seat belts for the track.

Also, I have had one seat recovered locally...we bought the red material and had it recovered. There is no need to buy new seats unless there is something wrong with the original seats.

Just my .02 worth

12. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Why are all of you searching for seats? What happened to your old seats where you need a replacement? Why not recover/refresh them like coachi did?

I bought my car with 5400 miles on it and the seats were in perfect condition. I have since removed and replaced them with OMP carbon fiber racing seats which are better supporting, lighter, and I don't mind wearing them out. :)

My factory seats are covered and in storage for the next owner! :)

13. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #13 Tipo815, Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Might I suggest to some of you - in order to preserve your factory seats - consider installing some nice aftermarket carbon seats. I don't have a close up photo of my carbon seats but this pic shows you a partial view. They are my lighter than the factory seats and have excellent support. They also work perfectly with the over the shoulder four point harness. I bought the seats with regular red material and had them recovered in red alcantara.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Jeffrey, do you have the model number of those OMP seats? And did OMP recover in alcantara for you?

TIA

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    + 1

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

16. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    The seats were out of a 360 Challenge race car. I don't believe OMP actually makes this same seat in carbon fiber for the retail market. It is the GRIP model but OMP only makes this model with a fiberglass shell. I believe that all the carbon shell seats were made exclusively for Ferrari (yet another Ferrari monopoly on something :)). The carbon shells of my seats have a very similar weave/color to the actual carbon/kevlar that appear under the hood and engine hatch - sort of the light tan color. It matches perfectly.

One of my closest friend's cousin does all the custom interior for the DUB show cars. I gave him a photo of the design of seat (quilted look) and he matched it perfectly in alcantara. If you find a set of seats that need recovering I can help you. He's also a fraction of the cost of anyone else (probably because of my relationship with my buddy). Anyway, if you (or anyone) needs help with recovering seats - I know the person!

17. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.

My seats are not only fading, the drivers side seat has a few visible stress lines from entering and exiting the car.
    Since I've put so much money into the recent restoration..I would prefer to go with new/excellent condition seats rather than recovering mine.

In short, for those of you storing original seats...My offer standing would be $10,000 for a like new pair & I would then send the seller my old seats that could be recovered. What say thee?

Joe

18. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Tempting offer!

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Having done business with you, I absolutely love the way you just cut to the chase :)

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

20. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    It is quite a generous offer, imo. If you can find a good restorer, the recovered seats should look as new when he is done with them. $10,000 plus the trade-in; jump on it someone.

21. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    I like the way you think Coach! :)

No takers so far......Maybe I should sweeten the offer & throw-in some slightly used F40 tires... ;)

JG

22. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    Give it a few days, Joe. Someone will come through. The trouble is the majority of F40's are euro cars with different seats. There have been quite a few of those offered for sale on EBay...but they don't do you any good. Good luck in you restoration.

23. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    So what does a set of challenge seats cost? do they bolt directly to existing seat mounts?

24. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    I'm up-ing the ante.....$12,000 & my F40 seats for a new or like new set. :)

JG

25. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    Why is the source for the original material to recover F40 seats not publically posted on this forum?