Ecu imobilizer from ecu doctors? | FerrariChat

Ecu imobilizer from ecu doctors?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 02360spider, Oct 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
  2. ATLSIGNGUY

ATLSIGNGUY Karting

Mar 10, 2017
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    PJ Houser
    Any good Ferrari independent shop should be able to turn of the immobilizer function within the existing ECU with Leonardo scanner. Why spend that much for a part that you prob don't need, nd sorry about it working properly, also paying for install and configuring it. I think a few hundred should cover the time to turn the way setting off. Just a thought.

3. ATLSIGNGUY

ATLSIGNGUY Karting

Mar 10, 2017
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    PJ Houser
    Sorry about the spelling and typos Gotta Love auto correct

4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    PJ, you can turn off the immobilizer with an SD. It just doesn't work that way.

OP, it is an interesting find. That company can reflash an ECU to eliminate the immobilizer so the product probably works well but I have no experience. Honestly, I don't find it to be any real issue. I know there is a lot of complaining but it has always worked well for me so no need to 'fix' something that isn't broken.

02360spider likes this.
  5. rugby

rugby Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Atlanta
    I think you meant to say that you cannot turn off the immobilizer with an SD. I am not aware of anyone, including the dealer, who can disable the immobilizer.

The ECU Doctors bypass is the only way the immobilizer can be disarmed to start the engine without using the fob. But, unfortunately, it is not an "immobilizer delete".

The bypass consists of a plug-and-play module that replaces the original immobilizer interface module. The immobilizer itself stays installed in the car and must be in a good working condition for the bypass module to work. If the immobilizer has an internal problem, the bypass interface will not work.

Why is it useful? If you lose your fob or the fob malfunctions, you are stranded with no way to start the car. With the bypass installed, you become independent of the fob.

02360spider likes this.
  6. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm 99.9% sure that's not true. I recently acquired an SD2 and still learning it but I've never heard of anyone being able to turn off an immobilizer with any factory or aftermarket diagnostic tool.

7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Right, I can't type

8. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    There are also companies, www.immofixer.com is an example, that can take an immobilizer and fobs in any state with or without knowing the PIN and get you back to a proper matched set of fobs plus a PIN number that can be used to start the car without a fob. It doesn't cost much more to do it right.

9. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    It just sucks having to click the remote before starting the car. There has been a few time that I look like a idiot because my car will not start because I forgot the button press.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

10. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    So it is preferable that a thief only has to bump the lock and they are off. Not how I would weight things but everyone has their priorities. IF I was going to do something I would ping ECU doctors and see if they could integrate a proximity fob so the immobilizer is inactive unless my fob (new fob not original) is in the car. Should be pretty easy to do if they have already done that reverse engineering.

11. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The immobilizer is THE worst part of my CS. It has been problematic at best, disabling at worst. I have never locked the car. Nobody steals them. I could hand the keys to someone and the odds of them actually being able to start it are pretty remote.