Congratulations Ky1e!! | FerrariChat

Congratulations Ky1e!!

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Rosso328, Jan 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Big congrats to our own Ky1e on his professional debut in the CTSC series today.

I will be the first to admit that a year or so ago, I was advising taking it slow, don't get in over your head, etc., etc., etc. But I am happy to say that with all of the coaching and practice and stepping up over time, I will gladly tip my hat to Ky1e for his performance today. That was a solid drive for anyone, especially for a "rookie." Even after being tagged from behind and spun around into Turn 1 just before the 1 hour mark, he still brought the car back up the field and handed over to his team mate with great track position.

A solid drive, Sir, and one you should rightly be proud of.

2. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Exxxxxcellent. Welcome to the next level, Ky1e !

3. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    #3 Ky1e, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Thank you it was a blast! It's a great feeling having my first one under my belt (lots of nerves and anticipation leading up to the event). My hats off to all the excellent competitors-- everyone there was a great driver. You really need to be on it all the time and in addition have everything else go well (car, set-up, crew, pit stops, strategy, etc.).

It was very interesting how the Mustangs ran away with the best lap times (by a big margin) both in qualifying and in the race, but the Caymans swept the podium. Also interesting to see how the winner of GS and winner of ST each had the fewest pit stops for their class and how important pit strategy is.

I knew there was a decent possibility that either the car (which had a lot of problems leading up to the event ) wasnt going to make it the 4 hours, or me as an aggressive rookie would have a race ending crash. So in my eyes we dodged 2 bullets! I can honestly say I gave it my best, I did the best that I could, and am very happy with how we finished.

Thank you for the support and I look forward to Sebring!

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    wow from track day novice to pro in only 1 year!? that's amazing. congrats

5. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Congrats dude! What happened with that guy that spun you? Was hard to tell from the camera angle, but looked like his move was optimistic. What was your take? Awesome pass right before that; shame that it happened.

6. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    We started P14, I worked my way up to P6 (had P3 for a few seconds before being spun) then after 1 hour and 40 minutes I handed the car over to my co-driver in P6 and a couple seconds off the leader. We finished P8.

7. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nice man! Yah the pass for P3 was awesome.

8. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nice drive sir. Here is to you and many more successful years. :)

9. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Congratulations, Ky1e! Awesome, mate!

10. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    Congrats on your first race. The McLaren GT4 is a sweet ride.

11. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    You guys looked great in Sebring for most of that race. A lot of TV exposure as well!

12. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Just watched the race replay from Sebring on Youtube. What happened at the end of the race? I don't think they ever confirmed on tv.

13. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    I qualified the car in 5th, handed the car over to my co-driver, Chris Hall and he brought the car to 1st. He held first place for most of the seocnd half of the race, for about 35 min until 10 min (~4 laps) to go. He ran out of gas literally. However there is more to it-- the fuel pick-up dislodged so it was not at the bottom of the tank (bumpy Sebring) so he ran out of gas even though we had about 4 gallons left in the tank.

From our calculations we still would have ran out of gas but with about 2 min or 1 lap to go (instead of 10 min and 4 laps to go). We took a gamble on there being 2 cautions during his stint but there was only 1 -- if there were 2 we would have won or at least been on the podium. We are learning.

I just left Automatic Racing who was supporting my team in IMSA and started my own race team. Form this point forward we will be racing under VOLT Racing. I have my own 18 wheeler, tools, pit cart, timing stand fuel rig, set-up pad, employees, etc.. Going all-in!

Was testing at Road Atlanta this week, will be at VIR next week.

Thanks for the support!

Alan

14. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Fantastic! Has anyone ever gone faster from hpde novice to team owner/driver? What a story

15. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wow congrats!

16. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Good luck man!

17. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Enjoyed running the Radical with your Volt McLarens at the David Murry RA event this week. Good luck with the season, Alan.

18. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    Anir-- Yes I loved running with the Radicals-- I remember going 3 wide into turn 1 with 2 radicals plus me in the McLaren-- good stuff! Was almost going no lift around turn 12 as well.

Which one were you in? The red one?

19. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Yep, the red 1340cc SR3 RSX with yellow and black details. I saw your transporter here at VIR this morning. I'm getting a SpeedSeat made at Wisko. Must be following you! Your Volt McLarens are gorgeous. Good luck to you and Chris, too![​IMG]

20. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nice!

I hate windshields on race cars ; )

21. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir