Charger Metals Philadelphia | FerrariChat

Charger Metals Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Bertocchi, Apr 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I may need some help from Fchatters in Philadelphia. Last week I sent a box of Ferrari parts to Charger Metals to be rechromed. UPS has documented that they were received.
    Yesterday I called to discuss the project with Gerry, the owner, and got a recording saying that the telephone lines were being upgraded, today it says they are disconnected.
    215-289-9227 is the number.
    I have done business with the Martins for 40 years and am not sure what to make of this. I am concerned about my parts. 2525 Orthodox Street is the address for Charger.
    Will someone in town look into this for me?

Thanks in advance,

David

2. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    #2 Ney, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    David:

2525 Orthodox is Capital Valve Service - 215-288-5500. If they parts were delivered to that address, they likely have no idea what to do with them.

The address that I show for Charger Metal Works is 2515 Orthodox Street, however there is also a listing at 2127 Margaret Street. A google maps search shows Frankford Plating at the 2515 address with a phone number of 215-288-4518. They may know something about it.

The 2127 Margaret Street address shows a N.E.L. Metal Restorations facility specializing in metal polishing and welding. 215-289-4944. I am guessing the Garry Charger is affiliated with one or both of these facilities.

Hope this info helps you track down your missing parts.

3. hercfe

hercfe Karting

Apr 21, 2015
    Northeast US
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Let me know how you make out. I'm just outside Philly, and can stop by if you get a valid address.
    ~Ben

4. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I just spoke to a gentleman named John who rents space in his building to Charger Metals. He has promised to have Gerry call me.
    Apparently there are several plating companies in that neighborhood.

5. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Ben,
    He did call me from a cellphone and explained that they are installing fiber optic cable in the neighborhood? None of his neighbors are without phone service yet some how he is.
    If you or anyone else is in the area and can drive by I would be grateful for your read on what's going on.
    Thanks in advance.

6. chdavis

chdavis Karting

Sep 19, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I'll stop by - what's the definitive address in question?

7. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Chris,
    2525 Orthodox Street. I have called several of the neighbors, all of which do plating, and have been told he sublets space in other shops. I believed he had his own facility. Telephone response is spotty. I'm still concerned.

8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I would also ask UPS if you could talk to the driver who made the delivery. Since drivers often work the same area, they may also have some insight into what is going on up and down Orthodox Street. Just a suggestion before this drags on into May.

9. hercfe

hercfe Karting

Apr 21, 2015
    Northeast US
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Dave,

I went there today, and the address is 2515 Orthodox St. 2525 Orthodox is pipe fitting shop, and they had never heard of Charger Metals or Gerry. 2515 is definitely the address, and there are multiple shops/businesses set up, and your guys are all the way in the back. They are up and running, I spoke with a worker there who was actively working on some pieces. He said Gerry was not there, but gave me this cell phone number 267-237-4411. I asked him if there was a problem with the phones, and he said that Verizon was doing something and they had been having issues. It's a pretty ****ty part of Philly, you're lucky the brotherhood is strong! Haha! Hope this helps.

~Ben

10. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Nice work Ben
    I always used NEL Metals on Margaret St or Frankfort Plating on Orthodox St when restoring my 67 GTO.
    Both do great work. I am not familiar with Charger Metals but it's nice to have yet another quality plating company out there

11. hercfe

hercfe Karting

Apr 21, 2015
    Northeast US
    Full Name:
    Ben
    David,

Was this resolved?

12. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    He has returned all my calls since the Fchat intervention but I am still not comfortable. I was promised some pieces by the 23rd, nothing yet.

13. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Martins of Philadelphia was once the best chrome platers in the country, IMHO. They did beautiful work and it lasted a long time. Charger is the son. Martins closed years ago.
    Many of the neighboring companies are staffed by ex-Martins employees.

14. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Despite a few moments when my OCD got the best of me the parts from Charger are back and are nothing short of spectacular.
    Not only is their plating beautiful it lasts a very long time. I have some thirty year old pieces that look like they were done yesterday, the chrome looks wet.
    A heartfelt thank you to all who came to my assistance.

15. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Happy to hear it worked out ok! Thanks for posting the happy ending!

16. hercfe

hercfe Karting

Apr 21, 2015
    Northeast US
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Awesome!

17. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I too are glad it worked out. I would put Charger Metals on my do not call list any how.