Changed profile pic- Now McLaren F1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Changed profile pic- Now McLaren F1

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Jan 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Great story Audiguy! You are one incredibly lucky fellow to have had the opportunity, and fortunate to be friends with someone who is so generous and trusting with their piece of automotive history. The owner sounds like a real stand-up kind of guy.

"Hey old man, what did you do to that NSX to get it to accelerate that fast"?

I wish my NSX accelerated like that ;)

BTW, does anyone know who bought that F1 that was on sale in Toronto on Craigslist?

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Still here...! Just returned from Cavallino earlier this week; life is good...

Great story, by the way... I just read the other one re: Stirling Moss - awesome...!

Thank you... :)

3. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Evrytime I think of how you started on F/C and were so fascinated with the cars that you landed a lot of rides that you wrote about and ended up at FML. That in itself is a dream come true for many.

BTW, while I was at FoD( 2000-2003) I traded quite a few emails with you but not under the Audiguy username. I was Jere Dunham back then, if you remember him...........

4. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I have been exceedingly fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to get to meet and sometimes get to know some really neat people. I have done a lot of different things in my life that have allowed me the opportunity to have this happen. Raced professional M/X for Kawasaki back in the early days here in the US(early 1970's). Met some of the pioneers of M/X including Brad Lackey, Marty Tripes, Kent Howerton, Bob Hannah and my old M/X school buddy and teammate Wymon Priddy..........BTW, I was the entertainment. I usually crashed heavily ad gave everyone their money's worth. The others finished higher than me and I was just happy to finish most of the time. Well, maybe not that bad but I did crash big a few times and spent some time in hospitals wondering why I subjected my body to that. I would love to do it again but my brain lets me know just how old I am really getting......

5. drunkenmaster16x1

drunkenmaster16x1 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    ^^^Great stories Audiguy-Thanks for sharing.

You would not believe how creased and torn that December issue is-its fallin g apart- I probably read it 20/30 times.

6. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Mine too.......:>)

7. drunkenmaster16x1

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    By the way James,

I remember reading that he drove it everyday to work-is that still the case? I know it was a long time ago; just curious to whether it is still on the road or not.

-M

8. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Audiguy that is a great story, it must be awesome to have droven one of the greatest sports cars of all time for 3 days

9. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    He probably drives his Enzo just as much now. But as far as I know he still drives it daily. He also used to drive it to the airport and park it in his hangar and fly his Bell Jet Ranger to the helopad on top his building. He put 15,000 miles on it in 3 years......

Another story,

His son was a ranch management major at Texas Tech and drove a pro-street Chevrolet Beretta to college with a full blown 500 cubic inch engine. The administation told him it was too loud and distracting so he could no longer drive it on campus. So his dad gave him his red Diablo to drive to college. It looked very interesting at the Ranch Management Building parked next to all the Crewcab, Dually, Power Stroke Diesel pickup trucks. He parked it at his apartment at night, outside under the canopy with a chain wrapped around a wheel spoke and the canopy support.

Oh, and I am sure it was not distracting on campus either...........:>)

10. drunkenmaster16x1

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    It's good to hear that cars like that are being DRIVEN. Thats what they were meant for; not to sit in a garage.

11. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #36 NeuroBeaker, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Awesome thread!! :D

Speaking of these photos... time to restore them - the link to the old thread doesn't work any more.

All the best,
    Andrew.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I have no idea where the car is now. All I know is that it was painted Rosa Corsa to match his Enzo and he now owns a Bugatti Veyron.......

13. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    As mind-bogglingly incredible as the car in this story is, I think what warms my (small, coal-black) heart the most is the recognition of the value of friends. Sadly, it is all too rare a thing.

14. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Very true. He is very wealthy and I just work for a supermarket chain but we share a lot of the same interests. He is a super guy and I value his friendship immensely. When I met him I was managing a BMW dealership and he bought about 8 new cars from me over about a 12year period. We became pretty good friends through that time.

Since we live about 350 miles apart now I do not get the chance to see him very often but he will surprise me sometimes with an email or a phonecall just to check on me.....I try to keep in contact with him also but he stays very busy and is hard to track down sometimes...