Canada major news stories | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Canada major news stories

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, May 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    You know, I never gave credit unions much thought. I always thought because it was called a union, that it was run like one. You're not the first one where I've heard of the positive experience with CUs. You with Coast Capital? VanCity? PM me if you'd like...

2. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Credit union is only place I have banked since the early 60's. When my now wife joined me years ago she had her money at RBC. Every month the account got dinged for paper bill, this and that. Dumped that account.
    You own shares, share in profit, free banking after age 60.
    Duca.com, one of the largest in Canada. Originally had to be Dutch or Dutch descent but that changed.
    Interestingly here in St Catharines area you see few banks, buts lots of FirstOntario and Meridian CU's, probably because of all the Dutch immigrants who came here after WWII. We are a frugal bunch :)

It's not what you earn, it is what you keep that counts

3. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Aldergrove. Id go Coast or VanCity if I lived in Vancouver. The only hassle is not having branches all over Canada. Hence I keep my RBC for spending. For savings and loan products CU's are better over the big banks. Besides paying more interest on savings accounts, etc. If you have a problem, its easy to get a board member involved or even the president of the CU. The flaw with my U.S. account. I can only check the balance online. Can't transfer between accounts online. I also can't access it via ATMs. You can with the RBC. I suggested to the General Manager and they got the board involved. So they are looking at upgrading their banking software to do it. You can't get that from the RBC or other big banks, they'll just tell you to go to another bank. CU's you can suggest management decisions and solve problems with management. They are also a great place to start saving for a teenager and building credit. Basically as a member you are an owner of the bank.

4. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Thanks guys, I'll definitely look into this (I'm in Langley as well).

5. Neuman

Neuman Rookie

May 12, 2016
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neuman
    Hey JayTG

Hope linoleum installers don't need retraining soon

6. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
  7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    #57 Nuvolari, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It seems as though you cannot breathe without offending someone and this woman is definitely an extra sensitive case. Her rant reminded me of a hilarious car I saw a few years back at the SEMA show in Vegas. Incredibly clever and I still laugh thinking about it. Here is a pic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    Trudeau the greater ruined more than Canadian artists.

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    The title of the article is Just as disturbing ....

As if to suggest the car caused the stir .... The real title of the article should be .....

"An emotionally unstable verbally abusive woman disturbing the peace at a car show"

The General Li logo is very creative on that Supra ? Is that a Toyota ?

10. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
  11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike