California T depreciation speculation? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

California T depreciation speculation?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by letsplay99, Feb 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nextceo1

nextceo1 Karting

Mar 13, 2017
    3.9 is the condition of the car...which means there must have been some dents or and scratches on it. The Condition Rating isnt based on miles.

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Sure I get that and that is why I wonder how it's 3.9/5.0 with only 618 miles. Seems incongruous to me.

My dealer has his up now.

3. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Regarding the 2017 Cali T that sold at auction referenced earlier, my guess is that it likely didn't have the HS package, no Cali T in that model year should've been ordered without it.

Car with 3.9 rating and 600 miles, likely been involved in some sort of accident or driven on a mountain bike trail.

4. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I traded mine, 2017 Cali T HS, 3800 miles, MSRP 242k, in to the dealer for the 2015 458, 1100 miles, MSRP 320k. Dealer paid me 185k. I paid dealer 232k. That was right before about 2-3 weeks before Portofino was released in the press.

5. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Agreed but I have seen some CaliT's (few) without the HS package but agreed on the rating.

60k hit, reality is I think they will bottom out soon enough when everyone realizes the Portofino is still far out and their only option will still be a CaliT for the upcoming season. Happier with the 458?

6. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Im seeing lots of CPO 2017 Cali T between 207k and 215k. Guessing they mark it up 15% or so would put it in that category, 20% would put it just above that. But heck even 15% of 185 is still just north of 27k.

Nice haul on the 458. I sure wish I could swing the cash for a 458 spider, After not initially liking them they sure have grown on me.

7. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Yeah I figure the numbers wont really start moving south until after they start delivering Portofino's. Though interestingly enough I still seen prices stagnating significantly directly after the announcement. I get notifications every day about new California's available for sale and its been averaging 4 to 6 a day for the last week. Dont know if people are trading up to cars they ordered or what. Been seeing less sell also but thats common this time of year. One thing I'm fairly confident of though is I dont see the price jumping up too much over the next 1-2 years which is fine since that fall into the timeframe im looking to purchase and if it does go down a little more just means I can save a few bucks or move into a nicer optioned newer car.

Is he happy with the 458? While I actually like and the California is actually my car of choice I know I would be happier with a 458. Im only guessing / assuming hes happy.

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    16 and 17 cali Ts with and without the package arent worth much. did rob lay sell his? he will have a recent data point if so and his had the package and im pretty sure he was having trouble selling it. i had to buy one for my tdf and getting rid of the cali was a chore

9. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Cool I remember your car, Rob's was nice as well, I guess the reality is that the market is saturated with CaliTs and the options might make a difference to some but not everyone. I was convinced by the dealer that they could move it and I should consign now before Porto. Foolish me, reality is nobody is going to buy a convertible in the fall/winter and I had a winter package for it (light day drives) - not sure what I was thinking giving it to them but I will see what happens the next few weeks and then take it back if all doesn't go anywhere (maybe return it in spring).

10. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    The Cali T really took a bath for me, but the way I was trying to tell myself to make myself feel better is the 458. It still has one year original warranty left because it was delivered in 2015 June. Only 1100 miles.. Grigio titanio. Carbon everywhere. Asking was 249K for MSRP 320K, which I know the dealer would have no problem selling it at asking. He took 17K off to make the loss on my trade in better. I overheard that this deal he makes a total of 22K to GM. 7K on my Cali and 15K on the 458. Someone offered to buy my Cali at 192K.

And I DO miss the Cali T, such an elegantly beautiful car. If I can afford it, I love to have both 458 and Cali T . I do like the portofino though, can't wait to hear how it sounds.