California Roof Query | FerrariChat

California Roof Query

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by stu9891, Oct 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stu9891

stu9891 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    Stuart Morgan
    Hi.

I believe the California T roof is exactly the same as the original California, correct?
    I’ve been studying parts for the car and their costs and the roof is what I’m most interested in, especially for any future costs of repair.

On the original California drawings, part number 70001693 found at this link:
    http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/california/all/electrical-capote-moving-parts-45621/70001693 has changed to SEPERATE parts (basically they’ve now allowed you to buy each latch hook arm individually).
    These part numbers are 82973500 and 82973600.

Now in this link: https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/diagram/ferrari/california-t/bodywork-parts/electric-roof-kinematics/168-1045-28099.html on the California T drawings, they’ve ADDED part numbers 86545800 and 86545900, which are the left and right main roof arm mechanisms that the latch hooks attach to and move the roof up/down and into the boot. These parts DON'T seem to be listed on the original California drawing (although I did find a part for a pair of them on the ForzaService website)!!!!
    All I want to know is if I ever needed a new arm, left or right, (not that I should), would you be able to use these parts? Surely you can, as the roofs are supposed to be identical! Plus the drawings are exactly the same!

I’ve looked at all the linings, electrics, structure and mechanisms and I’m familiar with all the parts and their costs, but this is my only real concern where I don’t have clarity in my own mind, which makes me paranoid if that particular component fails.

There seems to be a general rule that if you buy things in bulk, it’s cheaper than buying individual parts (sensors, rams, etc), but surely those arms can be bought separately and don’t require you to buy a whole new roof, do they???
    It seems that the whole roof can be purchased in individual parts, ranging from the panels, trim, roof linings, latch hook arms, motors/rams and mechanisms, so if anyone can confirm this, it would certainly put my mind at rest.

Thanks

2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    As far as I know every roof item identified by a number in any of the eurospares Ferrari diagrams, can be purchased individually.

3. stu9891

stu9891 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    Stuart Morgan
    Thanks.
    Can you buy/use the arms from the California T (part numbers 86545800 & 86545900), on the original California? Surely you must be able to as they’re identical roofs aren’t they?

4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I've purchased parts at Eurospares before and they are very helpful and professional and have a deep knowledge about Ferrari spares. I'm sure they'll be able to clarify any doubt you have.

5. stu9891

stu9891 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    Stuart Morgan
    Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried them actually, but didn’t get the answer I was looking for.
    They said those parts aren’t on the original drawing (which I already know)!

I just wondered if ANYONE has had to replace a kinematic arm on their car and if those Cali T part numbers work. I’m 99.9% sure they do.