C6 Vette's just went up in price by 10% a few minutes ago........ | Page 2 | FerrariChat

C6 Vette's just went up in price by 10% a few minutes ago........

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Kds, Jan 13, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bounce

Bounce Formula 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    The shape still looks like a generic mashup car from a video game that couldn't afford legit licencing, goes for a lot of cars these days I think car design has peaked at the 458 for me.

Too many conflicting lines and bling for my taste.

Bring back the clean elegant skilful lines! Gen-Y has horrid taste.

All down hill from here I tell you!!! :)

2. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    If all the grills and scoops are truly functional, I like it.
    If all the bling is strictly for appearance, I do not.

3. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    #28 Ray G, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    All functional, even the small vents around the tail lights let air escape.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I think its a neat feature... as long as hot air isn't coming in when the windows are down like on the 512 BB ;-)

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Based on the photos

Front end and side view look great.

But I see they really nailed it with Aztek styling on the rear, its like a bad pontiac front end grafeted onto the rear. the interior looks like a slightly blinged and leathered version of my equinox. In other words GM still does not get it.

Lets see how it all looks in the flesh, and how the build is.

I am sure the interior is better, how could it not be. But I would not hold my breath for anything of great quality, and you might self asphixiate if youre thinking this is going to have Hyundai build.

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Looks like a GTR :(

Also reminds me of Transformers

7. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Nice Fisker C7, yo!

Same thoughts.

8. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    I think it looks pretty good in the photo's and in black will look mean. The only weak spots are the muilt-single exhaust, easily fixed in the after-market and the A pillars not body colored, again easily fixed.

9. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The more I look, the more i agree.

10. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    The C6 prices did not go up and will not go up purely based on the C7

11. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    We'll, if we're using Porsche 911 redesign as the yardstick for "dramatic"...

It does look to be a mashup -- lots of interesting elements, but kind of like the Ferrari California it just doesn't hang together. It looks like someone copied-pasted the Camaro rear end onto the last Corvette. (In fact, I think copy-paste has a lot to do with the shortcomings of modern car design...)

Also not sure the 1953-style Corvette grille motif works with the 2012-style Corvette nose.

12. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Cosmetically to me the design has "A LOT" of issues...........in no particular order........

1 - Get rid of the swimming sperm badge on the front fenders.

2 - Totally redesign the rear fascia from scratch.

3 - Reduce the number of planes on the front hood/fender surface.

4 - Paint the hood vents, rear 1/4 vents, side fender vents, and roof panel in the body color.

The interior works for me...........as for the performance specs, etc, it's all total "guestimation" at this point.

13. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I keep wanting to like it, but so far I can't. I look forward to seeing it in person to really make a decision.

A few of the things that are bothering me are:
    1. The rear end, it just looks terrible, and that exhaust isn't helping
    2. The vents and scoops - they all look like they were put on at a Pep Boys
    3. The rear quarter window. Not sure if that is what they are actually called but it really doesn't belong on the car

The car just doesn't look like it will age well, but again, I want to see it in person.

14. Zxgarage

Zxgarage Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2011
    MD/ DC area
    Full Name:
    Zack
  15. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
  16. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    bingo...the same thing I see. The front is a bad copy the 458 and the rear is a bad copy of the camaro. The side view is just too busy. I like the c5 and c6 styling better

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That is quite an accomplishment to make the front of the C7 look like a 458. The 458 doesn't even have it's engine mounted in the front of the car.
    Most car companies are using bolder designs now for all their products.
    CH

18. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have a C6Z06 in my garage and as much as I love it if the C7 drives as well as it looks I am buying two a gearshift coupe for me and a auto convertible for the better looking part of this couple. I think 450hp is more than enough for a car and I could car less anyone about 0-60 1/4 mile times and skid pad numbers. Around here the only place you can drive 60mph without driving through the car in front of you is on a highway.

19. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

The amount of negative commentary about the C7 over at corvetteforum.com has gotten so big that the mods over there have now taken the approach that "enough is enough" and they are locking threads.

Combine that with about a dismal 45% approval rate in the largest poll (kinda like Obysmal's numbers) it seems the C7 is no doubt a......heh......"roaring success".

Well done GM.........you've managed to "bangle" the Vette.......

ROTFLMAO !!!!

20. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    If they showed the half dozen styling designs they evaluated and put them up for a poll you'd probably find no single design would be a clear winner. You can't please everyone, there's even a bunch out there who won't be happy until it goes mid engined.

From memory the C6 got attacked on the corvette forum at its launching as well. "No pop up lights, are they crazy, I'm keeping my C5 forever" Change it but don't change it, keep it traditional but also modern.

I like it, it looks great from most angles and the rear will just take some time to get used to.

21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Initially BMW buyers resisted Chris Bangle's bold change in design introduced for the new 7 series models. However after a couple of years sales increased dramatically. During the Bangle era, BMW overtook Mercedes as the global leader in premium car sales.
    The C7 Corvette should be so lucky.
    CH

22. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#48 Kds, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    And where does Chris Bangle work today ?

BMW face lifted and softened the cars rather quickly, and if you remember the new 7 series was a sales flop right out of the gate and never went anywhere years later. Almost 80 percent of BMW sales are 3 series cars, and BMW made sure they where not as overtly disgusting as the 7 was.

There is a difference between mere change when in the case of the new product, C5 versus C6 and both look good.........but in this case the overwhelming consensus is that it does not look good. People aren't criticizing change so much as they are concerned with optical dynamics.

No matter, only time will tell and there's one born every minute.

23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Chris Bangle Associates in Turin Italy now.
    CH

24. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I couldn't verbalize it, this exactly how I feel.

The car may be very capable and great for the money but I think they overdid the scoops/vents/lines/rear. The same shape but cleaner would have been fantastic.

I still have to see the car in person to draw my last conclusion. Dark colors will favor this design