Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI | Page 46 | FerrariChat

Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI

Discussion in '308/328' started by Robb, Mar 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Hey Jon!
    5:30 AM here, having coffee and thoughts were with you this morning. Just a shout out to say good morning . Wishing you the very best. Kim

2. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Hi Jon - if you get back to SD this winter (and the weather's alright) i have a gassy smelling carb'ed gt4 ride waiting for you - if you're up for it....

Cheers,
    Spencer

3. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    Jon, I know San Diego is paradise, but maybe a change to Ohio is a good thing. Close to family and comfort from your roots, a few less sunny days but perhaps warmer relations. San Diego will be there should you decide it is best for you to come back.

I have found great inspiration from those who have overcome incredible hardship and injury. We shed tears of frustration and pain when horrors beset our fellow man. But we are lifted by the courage and spirit of Nazi concentration camp survivors, our brave soldiers who come back less than whole from defending our country, the undying spirit and positive attitude of Alex Zinardi and so many others who have and continue to overcome the unimaginable.

And you Jon are one of those stories, though you probably don't realize you are, as you are immersed in your journey to improve. Always keep reaching for your goals and dreams, there is no limit to the power of the human spirit. To the extent possible, we support you completely. There is so much good that a traumatic experience reveals in the full light of day, and I hope you realize your survival and fight inspire us.

Be vigilant and keep pushing away any defeatist doubt, because every one of us feels it in some way, my brother!

RussoJ and Bryanp like this.
  4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks all - I don't post too often these days but I check the 308/328 section on occasion, If I can ever drive again, a blue 308/328 is on my wish list. Unfortunately I'm an arm and a leg short of what it takes, so ... who knows.

I have tons of free time these days. Call at will. I'm moving to Pepper Pike (east of Cleveland) in a couple of weeks, so will be on Eastern time as of mid-October.

Bryanp, obertRo, prober34 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Like I said with the decal on the 356 last year, hang in there Jon! Keep up the rehab, mate - we need to get you back into a stick shift. Can't bear the thought of you in an F1 trans Ferrari! :p

6. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Oh, you will get that 308/328. I'm sure of it! Perhaps some of this time can be used focusing on your writing? Novel perhaps? Keep pushing forward Jon!

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hi Jon!

My blue 22641 went "home" to the NW, and the new paint is incredible.
    Not sure why he does not post to the update resto thread but he sends pictures to my phone.

They are "out there"...

In fact, my 20405, "currently off the radar" was blue OEM also.
    Good to hear from you.

8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Hello Jon, I just learned of this thread & I'm glad your doing better.

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    $342,500.00

I will just put this here!

Driversource Houston, has the exact car, lost in this incident.
    You may be able to use that number, as the legal issues grind forward.

It's even the same color.....
    :D :D :D

10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    To those late arriving, she did not survive..

gcumbey likes this.
  11. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Still thinking of you, Jon. Still praying for you. And if you have to go for an F1 trans, or even something with, dare I say, an automatic, that's okay too. My wife used to love to drive a stick, but with her MS, she can't anymore. Still, she looks damned good driving in her old 300ZX 2+2 auto. You might not be as sexy, but whatever it takes is what you do. I know I'm preaching to the choir on that one, but I figure the encouragement can't hurt.

It's okay to feel sorry for yourself once in a while too. We listened to a self-help lady who went blind one summer. Something she said has stuck with us since the first time we heard it. Acceptance of loss, whether the loss of a loved one or the loss of an ability, is an everyday thing. Some days it's pretty easy. Some days it's really tough. But you have to accept it every day.

Keep your wheels spinning, sir!
    Bill & Kristy

obertRo likes this.
  12. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Hey Jon, looking forward to the day you post up selfies in your new blue 308!

13. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Great insight into the concept of loss !!

Protouring442 likes this.
  14. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I have enjoyed time with Jon in SD and will be looking forward to seeing his new digs in Ohio as my brother works in the area during the year. That makes it easier to get there.

Hoping to add a blue Fcar soon Jon. I hear you!

Robb

15. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

think of you often jon. we will miss you in sd. come home when you are able. cheers.

16. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Hi Jon
    Late night espresso here in the rain-soaked northwest....perusing Ferraris and Porsches on the google......my thoughts are with you. Just a shout out to say Hello! and wishing you the very best.
    Hope you have a good Thanksgiving, we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
    Tritone

17. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It looks like I may need another round of spine surgery fairly urgently, so could be an interesting holiday season. I do seem to have found some better doctors here in the Cleveland area.

Automotively... can't drive but I did splurge on a new carriage style garage door anyway. Why, I don't know, but I'd always wanted one.

NeuroBeaker, NbyNW, Bryanp and 2 others like this.
  18. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Small world! I just this week pitched & sold a client on these doors for his remodel.......(not my style; i was trying to get him to go for frosted glass roll-ups....)
    Even without driving, just hanging out in a nice garage with a/some cool cars is OK.......
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Jon! I only have a couple of post in this thread, it for some reason I was thinking about you buddy. Godspeed to you and I'm glad you found better doctor there in Cleveland.

20. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Jon, will you be having the surgery at the Cleveland Clinic? It's one of the best hospitals in the country!

21. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It is, but in my specific case the best surgeon may be at Metro -- will know more next week.

Albert-LP likes this.
  22. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    So it's ready for when you are! Happy Thanksgiving Jon.

23. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    At least in Ohio you have the Browns to root for.....or maybe it's better to be in a city without pro football than have the Browns.

Good luck on your continued recovery.

24. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Browns fans are suffering mightily this year. :(

25. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Jon, anything to report on your spinal surgery?