Bud Root | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bud Root

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Frock Guise, Feb 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I miss the days when you could unhook the speedo cable.

2. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Same story - I was mid late 20's, infatuated with a 328 on the showroom floor. He walked right up to me and asked if I was interested. I said yes but that I couldn't afford it at that time "perhaps in a few years". Bud said no problem let me show you the car and all the things to look for when u are ready. He spent 30 min with me educating me on the model, a wonderful gentleman to me and no reason to be. Genuinely warm and so nice, I will never forget it.

I ended up buying a 328 a year later and have owned many since, one of my ferrari regrets is never buying one from him.

That was my experience with Bud, and best of luck to him.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    2nd dumbest news story I have ever read.

4. bryonj

bryonj Karting

Jan 20, 2010
    Naples, FL.
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Makes me wonder about my car. Bought from palm beach Ferrari with low miles. Bud was my sales rep. Previous owner seemed kinda sketchy. I didn't think much of it because I was buying it from a reputable Ferrari dealer. Shouldn't a car fax show mileage disbutes?i wonder how an owner can determine if their car was affected? Or worse, a Ferrari being traded and resold from palm beach Ferrari might now be harder to sell. Maybe even worth less.

5. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I bought my low mileage car from F Palm Beach and would buy another one from them with absolutely zero hesitation. So go enjoy your car. Best , Kirk

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I've known Bud for 20+ years, since the Shelton days. You'll never find a better, nicer guy in the business. Was chatting with him via email a few weeks ago. Glad to hear he's well.

7. bryonj

bryonj Karting

Jan 20, 2010
    Naples, FL.
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Really don't know the guy. I was lucky to be able to have someone like him help me through my first purchase. Never knew he is one of the top few salesmen to work with. Ill never forget him saying "See that" after opening the engine compartment. "Thats the engine. Don't touch it!" To this day, best car I ever owned. And, I don't touch the engine.

8. Sleepy996

Sleepy996 Karting

May 1, 2014
    @MR.HOTEL_SLIPPERS
    I attended a cars and coffee event last summer at Ferrari of Palm Beach. Bud didn't know me from a whole in the wall yet he treated my wife and I like royalty. Left a lasting impression and just a class act.

9. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Great guy - heard the whole story from car people in Ft Lauderdale and by what I've heard Bud got screwed but don't want to pass on 2nd hand info although I believe it

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Aw come on, pass it on. If you believe it, that's good enough for us. :D

11. cpoferrari

cpoferrari Karting

Jun 30, 2013
    Can anyone recommend a PPI for the Jupiter area? Someone had recommended Bud but he's too far in Palm Beach and the owner wont allow the car to leave. The inspection has to be at his place.

12. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    There's an article in the new Sports Car Market magazine out now on this subject.
    Good reading that explains the whole debacle.

13. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Stopped in at F of Palm Beach today to show the wife the dealership. It's definitely set up differently than most. Guess who greets us ?

Yep. The consummate professional in shirt and tie. Always been super nice and helpful to me. He let me me test drive my first Ferrari's when at F of Ft Lauderdale.

Great guy.

14. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    He's a super guy and a true gentleman!