Blenheim Palace Classic & Supercar. Sunday September 3. | FerrariChat

Blenheim Palace Classic & Supercar. Sunday September 3.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ferrari27, Sep 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Good pictures Robert, bearing in mind that it was tanking down. Quite a few left - me included - by about 11/30. What a shame - the previous day was delightful.

2. mick996r

mick996r Rookie

Oct 13, 2014
    Northants UK
    Full Name:
    Michael Panter
    You were one of the lucky ones, we could not get in. We queued for an hour 2.8 miles away and was so pissed off we bailed out, went for a pub lunch and then came home. I do not know what the problem was but it needs to get sorted before next years event. It is a cracking venue with beautiful grounds and deserves to be supported, but not much good if you cannot get in.

3. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    We queued for about two miles (we had come off the M40 onto the A34 and came past Kidlington (London Oxford!!) Airport) on the A44. It was like Silverstone in the bad old days before the road improvements. The problem seemed to be a dual carriageway with both lanes full of traffic trying to get onto a small roundabout that was only about half a mile from the main entrance to the event with a single track road beyond the roundabout. Luckily those of us on the dual carriageway had priority over the poor folks who were trying to get there from the direction of Witney. There were also a lot of very unhappy people, who were not connected to the event, trying to go about their normal Sunday morning business. Unless a motorway is built up to the main gate before next year's event the same will presumably happen again.

I am glad the weather was appalling: it probably kept loads of people away!

Robert

4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    We got there early, just before 9am, thats the key, no traffic at all.

johngtc likes this.
  5. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    I'm not sure that the problem had anything to do with the event. I left at around 11/30 (via the Bladon entrance) but when I drove in front of the house there did not appear to be a queue. However, there was chaos when I got back to the roaundabout and I did see/hear an ambulance threading through the traffic. I wonder if there was an accident at or near the main entrance.