Blasphemed 308 gets redemption with upcoming F355 heart transplant

Discussion in '308/328' started by Cirorsi, May 23, 2017.

1. ATTENTION: http/https Bug Fix! Most of us have been experiencing problems staying logged in as we navigate the site. That is simply the result of links varying between http and https, which each require different logons. To resolve we are going to force https starting sometime Wednesday. However, you may have problems accessing FerrariChat until after you log out, clear cookies/browser cache, and log back on. Keep in mind my email is admin@ferrarichat.com if you do have access problems after Wednesday. Thanks!
  1. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Jersey Shore
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #51 Cirorsi, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    All of the engineering work is done so the engine came out one last time in order to paint the compartment and clean the powerplant. Tim made a new shifter plate thanks to Russ's project car and I believe we have a solution for the water flow / capacity dilemma but we wont know for sure until we drive it around.

We went with a borla muffler but as I study the pics Tim just sent.......Hey, I see space back there for my Tubi!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. markcF355

markcF355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmecklestan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    God bless you.

3. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Jersey Shore
    Full Name:
    Steven

We finally wrapped up the project so now I'm awaiting the trucking company to deliver my car. Tim went through the entire car and drove it several times to ensure there weren't any cooling issues or hot spots within the engine compartment. After tweaking a newly made oil line and replacing some ball joints, the car is now really tight and sounds great. We ended up having to use Magna Flow mufflers as the Borla product was not gonna work out too well. At some point down the road I'll change out the plain tips to something more attractive. Thank God this project is over!!
    The video is poor quality but I'm attaching the vimeo link so that you can hear the sound it makes. The Gator is going almost 60mph when my car passes it up like it's sitting still. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    That sound. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hmm. Yeah, you'll be having some fun with that:)

6. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #56 wildcat326, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:48 AM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 12:55 AM
    By the way, am I missing something? You basically conceived of this whole endeavor in May and executed more or less to completion by August (with some fine tuning for the last month) ?!?! In less than five months, you developed a ground-up 355 transplant solution? I'm gonna need a floor jack for my jaw.

7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Jeez, it took off like a startled gazelle, and that sound!

9. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Jersey Shore
    Full Name:
    Steven
    That's basically what happened but I don't get any credit as all I did was finance the project. Tim did get some guidance/ideas from Bob Norwood as he had a parallel project that in turn helped us work through challenges. Some things we did differently like the suspension (I kept my existing suspension), ECU management, shifter box, etc but I guess that's what makes these car builders unique.

10. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Jersey Shore
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ops, we did a TRIAL run, not a trail run!

11. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2004
    #60 Russ Gould, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:46 PM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 1:53 PM
    That's the prettiest rear end I have seen on a 308 ... bar this one.

Difference here is normal wheelbase (Cirorci's car had already been stretched) but wider track (we used the 355 subframe and thus stock 355 rear suspension without the automatic ride adjust) and GTO bodywork. Modify fuel tanks to clear. Custom oil cooler and lines. Custom air ducting. Custom fuel filler. Custom water line hookup. Custom shifter assy. Switch a/c and heater hoses left to right. Wider wheels (348 Speedlines). Custom triple muffler exhaust w flap. Dumbed down alternator. Motec engine management. Supposed to be all done in a two weeks.

In order to use the 355 subframe the bodywork has to be widened As well as the bank account.

Norwood did mine but a guy in CA blazed the path, Carl Steuer.

I have some left-over 308 rear suspension parts that we could not use as well a bunch of 355 emissions plumbing/wiring/computers that we elected not to use, if anyone is interested. Also some very wide (as in F40) Speedline Mistral wheels that we could not use, they are 5x120 bolt pattern so you would need to use appropriate hubs, or adapters (which are not a problem for the front but the 355 suspension does not lend itself to the use of adapters due to the design of the hub as well as the track which is already wide).

Attached Files:

12. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Jersey Shore
    Full Name:
    Steven
    That came out nicely Russ, congratulations man. The second pic is fuzzy but that install looks really clean.