BBS LM-R wheels | FerrariChat

BBS LM-R wheels

Discussion in '360/430' started by BAD430BENZ, Oct 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Anyone here interested in a set of the BBS wheels for their car ? I am in the works of trying to get a set of the LM-Rs for my car but since BBS does not offer anything in the 5x108 bolt pattern as of right now , they would need a 20 set order to get them done . They deal with another company to do the custom cutting for their wheels . The wheels are still BBS but they are just drilled through this company....

http://wheels.facewheels.com/

There has to be some people here that would be interested in BBS wheels for their car....other than the OEM !

I am in talks with the guys from BBS USA and BBS Japan about possibly getting this done .

2. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    What size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I am going with a 19x8.5 or 9 , 19x11 . The size of the wheel is not the issue . It's the drilling of the bolt pattern and offset that's in question .

4. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I know but I wanted to know which size do you want to get a group purchase for?

5. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    The interest is to get the sets drilled out to the correct offset and bolt pattern . It has nothing to do with 18s or 19s or width .

6. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Ok now I get it, Thanks

7. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    It sounds like they're feeding you some B.S. I'm pretty sure BBS does it all in-house, soup to nuts. From their website:
    "BBS GmbH - Herbolzheim, Germany
    Herbolzheim is the machining and painting facility for all aftermarket and OEM products. Located adjacent to the autobahn, it's location allows for easy dispatch of products to our customers worldwide."

8. MAXF430

MAXF430 Karting

Nov 16, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Contact Eric at https://www.supremepower.com/ He should be able to get a set for you.

9. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    IF you cant get BBS to make you a set, Work wheels Japan have no issue drilling 5x108 in whatever offset you need.

10. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I have been working on this for a little bit now and all the research shows that BBS USA and BBS Japan do not drill for 5x108 , no matter what you want . They have been outsourcing that work to this "Face Wheels" to drill them out and create the correct offsets you want .

I will call him and ask .

Work makes great wheels but nothing I want for the Ferrari . I was actually looking at a set for my WRX .

11. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    I can guarantee you that Facewheels are not BBS or do work on BBS wheels. They are Taiwanese company that do custom wheel and private label.

12. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Well this link was sent me to me direct from BBS USA....

http://www.facewheels.com/

and then you click on "BBS" and then "Customization" and you get to this.......

http://www.bbs-customization.com/?page_id=403

I can't believe that BBS would be sending customers to another wheel company to select their wheels ???