Arrivabene out of Ferrari at the end of the Season? | FerrariChat

Arrivabene out of Ferrari at the end of the Season?

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, Oct 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    goose22b and 375+ like this.
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I agree completely. Enzo Ferrari was autocratic but he created the company from nothing, it was his life and though he was feared he was respected by all. Marchionne may be feared but he is not respected, he has no skin in the game. If he fires Arrivabene he will destroy whatever esprit de cours still exists at Ferrari.

dflett and Flavio_C like this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Well Vettel learned little from last year. Idiot on the radio in Mexico, loss of emotional control, then Baku this year etc. Arriva certainly talked with him but zero improvement in temper control. Take Seb with you Arriva. Marchionne is in position to make changes with positional authority. Maybe a change is needed. What gains will be made if changes do arrive? No one knows but we are not working with either Sergio or Arriva and we dont have the complete picture of the status. Sergio might see deficiency we dont and Arriva might not be managing as well as you think. The drivers are helping Esprit de corps by hitting a car under safety car, not managing their race at the start like in Singapore for Vettel? Inconsistent performance via Kimi? It is team effort to make or break a season from factory to paddock.

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    From the outside it seems that Arrivabene is good for the team. Things seem relatively peaceful and productive with him. Also From the outside Uncle Sweater has seemed like an enemy to Ferrari however some of this years success is directly linked by some to Uncle Sweater astute management so we can't always judge from the outside. Trust me I don't give UC complements freely. And speaking of outside speculation who's to say that if Arrivabene leaves that it's not him leaving because of Uncle Sweater. There are so many possibilities. My gut tells me to keep Arrivabene and let stability propel the success they've had this year into something greater next season. Also if Arrivabene is replaced, who is the world would they replace him with???

suz123nj likes this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Who would want the job with Sergio around if he is difficult? We will never know the truth but I would like to hear James Allison comment now that he is at Mercedes....

crinoid likes this.
  6. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

That prophecy may come true sooner than we think maybe. I always considered his appointment as the head of the Gestione Sportive as a manipulation by Philip Morris to impose one of their executive at Ferrari. Being the major sponsor, it would have been one way to safeguard their investment in Ferrari, but I think it's gone badly wrong. Arrivabene isn't in the same cloth as Flavio Briatore who jumped from a commercial position to become successfully team manager at Benetton.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Given the last two races it is blatantly obvious that management at the Scuderia sucks. Can't say who is dropping the ball, but somebody is. Just hope that some serious house cleaning is coming soon.

The team right now operates as if they were some also-runs who don't know when to have their cars ready.

8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    He's a dead man walking. But he isn't the only change required. There is a deep rooted organisational problem and more invasive change is needed.

tifosi12 likes this.
  9. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Start with Marchione, then Arrivebene.

10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This same team gave us a pretty darn good season until the last two races. I am not quick to point out specific people people. Certainly recently some processes recently either have not been followed or perhaps some processes need to be addressed.

suz123nj, NEP, dflett and 2 others like this.
  11. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Submitted without comment: Sergio was at the opening of the NYSE today celebrating 70 years of Ferrari.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As they say, since you can't fire the team, you fire the "coach". I had a chat with Maurizio last December at the Finali Mondiali and he seemed like a good guy, but it seems like he's lost control of the operation the last two races. In today's F1, any mechanical breakdowns are unacceptable, and since he's in overall charge of the operation, ultimately that is his responsibility. So I'm afraid that at some point (barring a miraculous turnaround), it will be "Arrivederci, Arrivabene!"

13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Rightly so, RACE has doubled since its incep. date. Currently trading above $115.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's pretty much what the Europress is saying too.

Arrivederci!

15. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Agreed, bring back Montezemolo and Brawn.

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The only perso who should leave is sweater..leave the rest alone...

suz123nj, MalcQV and Thomas S. like this.
  17. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    There will be changes up and down the board this year.

Robb

18. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This is the most competitive they've been in what, 4 years and you think they should make wholesale changes? Because of 3 bad races (one of which was ruined by the drivers)? Come on, by that logic they should have dumped Kimi 4 years ago - and Kimi f'd himself again this race by breaking his gearbox in practice and then by failing to get anywhere near Vettel in quali, yet again. I like Kimi but if they want to make a change they should start there as he doesn't have it anymore.

Thomas S. likes this.
  19. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Agreed. Ferrari have been a laughingstock for 4 straight races now, starting with getting de-pantsed at their home race. Then you have the Singapore crash debacle, Seb's car breaking down in qualifying and Kimi's breaking down before the race in Malaysia, Seb runs into a guy on the cool down lap, then a grid penalty for Kimi in Japan and Seb's car breaks down again.

What a complete joke. It's like they reverted back to 1993 or something.

20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Charles LeClerc needs to be in that seat next year.

tifosi12 likes this.
  21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I sure hope so.

The Italian press protects nobody: drivers, mechanics, engineers and management

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LOL

Larini and Morbidelli want their seats back :)

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Couldn't agree more. Kimi is beyond his use-by-date.

24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe they need to check the pasta quality.

25. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Arrivabene is a boob, and Vettel has proven to be incompatible with Ferrari. Next!

Caracciola likes this.