Anyone hear anything from Bundas? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone hear anything from Bundas?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ak Jim, Nov 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    That is indeed great News! I hope he posts up when he is feeling better!

Thanks again for the update!

Cheers,

Sam

2. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Thanks for the update, glad he's home. Sending best wishes for a fast and full recovery!

3. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Tell him everyone wishes him well, glad to hear he is back home.

Hope he pops up before the holidays to say hello.

4. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Great news, glad he's home! Thanks for the updates!

Cheers!

Ruben

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ..or rather, yesterday.
    12/21/16....3:02 PM

From The Man:

"Thanks all"

Not very wordy, but given the situation, I felt important to post.

6. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    a lot of people praying for him, Dave; may the New Year bring a turn for the better in his health

7. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
  8. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I did get a text from him this morning. He is at home.

9. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Any update? Is he still doing ok?

10. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    This was posted by Big Tex on October 13 on a sighting of Mitchell in the P&R section:

"bundas said:
    i have tried to obtain a password for my new laptop 4-6 times with no luck. please help, thanks mitchell"

So Mitchell is around and hopefully is at least stable or recovering to good health.

11. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Unfortunately it turns out that the post quoted by Big Tex on October 13 actually was from 2009, so no news on Mitch as of these days. Hope he is doing as well as possible.

12. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The last text I got from him was 9/15/17. He said he was stuck in bed.

13. DaveO_48

DaveO_48 Karting

Jul 29, 2013
    Henderson, Nv
    Full Name:
    David Odland
    Guys,
    I just received a text message from Mitchell's sister Karen.
    Mitchell has Multiple Myeloma which has progressed to plasma cell leukemia.And, I haven't had a chance to talk to him. I sent her a message about if we can get messages to him or talk to him. I only want to make sure his cars are cared for the way he would want them to be . I bought F101CL39533 from him. Red/black originally Silver/ blue.
    I am so sad to hear this. Karen has no reason to fabricate this, so I think Mitchell has a short run left. It is listed as incurable but treatable if caught soon enough. 5 year prognosis is 49% survival rate. Also, it is hard to detect until bone pain becomes obvious, so says wiki. I don't know, I wish there was something I could do. If Karen contacts me back, I will forward any information I get. I know there are friends of his on this chat.
    He was a gracious man to me. Came to my home one time, I think to find out if I would give her,my car a good home. Her name is Lola. I tinker and fix minor things, reupholstered the seats, new covers from Italy, look great and smell like the nearly new car she looks like. I just would like to tell Mitchell that she is well cared for.
    I have had some life changing events in my life. Regardless, she will stay with me. I remember the conversation we had. I sort of felt like I was trying to adopt a child. But, that I understand perfectly. We all would love to make sure our babies are well cared for after they leave our care. I just want to help ease his mind about that decisions he made about the 400 I now have.

Il Tifoso and Dave rocks like this.
  14. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Dave, thanks for the update and thanks for taking good care of the car. If you hear anything else please let us know.

Dave rocks likes this.
  15. Tassie

Tassie Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2009
    Tasmania, Australia
    Full Name:
    Wayne Clark
    Good news Dave. I wish him all the best. Please pass on my best wishes if you speak to Karen again.
    I went to see Mitchell when I was in the USA in 2014. He was driving the Maserati and (along with everything else) showed me your car. Very nice (I found where the fuel leak was & Mitchell immediately set about getting it fixed).
    My wife & I found Mitchell to be very generous and good company. He called in to see me a few times when he was going to/ from hospital.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  16. DaveO_48

DaveO_48 Karting

Jul 29, 2013
    Henderson, Nv
    Full Name:
    David Odland
    Guys,
    I received another message from Karen. Mitchel l is receiving Palliative care. As of yesterday he was stable, needs weekly transfusions platelets and whole blood, hasn't had any more chemo since August. He can recognize people, but doesn't answer his phone. Can't operate it, too confusing.
    I sent her an answer asking if he can have visitors, his location, and his prognosis. Also, that if that is information that she isn't comfortable disseminating I understand.
    If he can have visitors I would like to visit him. He did a lot for me. My car, the care he gave her, probable cost more than I paid for her. He's a genuinely honorable man. He invited me to the last Pebble Beach meet he attended. I couldn't go but would have loved to. Now I'm kicking myself as it would have been a terrific opportunity to keep up with changes for both of us.
    I will post further updates if I hear from Karen in the future, with her permission of course.
    David Odland

Dave rocks and Ak Jim like this.
  17. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    David, thank you for the updates. While sad, it's good to know how our friend is doing. Glad that he was able to enjoy at least some of his cars, as we all hope to with our own.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  18. DaveO_48

DaveO_48 Karting

Jul 29, 2013
    Henderson, Nv
    Full Name:
    David Odland
    Good afternoon,
    I contacted Karen again the other day. Mitchell is at home. He gets transported to the medical facilities for his visits. Karen says he is stable. I am attempting to ascertain when Mitchell's medical care schedule would allow him to have a visitor. I hope to stop over to see him soon. The biggest issue, distance. I am in Henderson Nevada and he is in Kentucky. I have too many irons in the fire to drop everything and catch a plane today, which is what I FEEL like doing. I am trying to see him before December.
    No matter what I have tried I am still searching for a flight that doesn't have to change planes more than once, without lengthy layovers. I'm getting old too, and the length of the trip plus the stops causes more strain than I handle well.
    Then there is my computer skill issue, I use 2 fingers to type, and my best rating of my skill set would be "challenged".
    If anyone in the group works in the travel industry and/or could help me find a flight from Las Vegas to Lexington Kentucky, or maybe a nearby major city that has better connecting flights, and would be willing to help me schedule my flights please PM me. I could use some help with this one.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  19. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Dave,

Thank you for the updated information. I am very sad to hear this. When I first "met" and spoke to Mitchell a few years ago I found him to be quite dynamic and a true Gentlemen. Later having heard about his health issues I was hoping that his spirit and resilience would have pushed his medical issues aside. Given your post, sadly, it would seem that this is not the case. If and when you do speak with Mitchell, please pass along my and I am sure the group's warmest regards!

Cheers,

Sam

Il Tifoso likes this.
  20. DaveO_48

DaveO_48 Karting

Jul 29, 2013
    Henderson, Nv
    Full Name:
    David Odland
    Sam and the guys at fchat,
    As soon as I can verify with Karen that Mitchell can have visitors, I will arrange my travel plans to go to Kentucky. I still haven't been able to speak to Mitchell but that's understandable. We both had that love hate relationship with cell phones and with his condition even he would not want to strangle the phone until It works
    I will try to keep messaging changes to fchat. Karen did indicate that he has a schedule for his medical care that transports him to and from home so at least he is at home doing his best to remain comfortable. That truly is putting a stoic face on a difficult situation. Realistically that is the only way I could see him dealing with this. One day at a time low key as usual..
    David Odland.

21. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Rest In Peace Mitchell Barnes...

He passed away late in the afternoon, yesterday November 17, 2017, as the sun was setting over his beloved Kentucky hillside.
    Godspeed, Mitchell...

You crazy guy......

Another Thread is in the Kentucky Section of our Forum, for those that are not Rossa Members.

22. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    That is indeed very, very sad news... May he indeed Mitchell Rest in Peace!

23. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    A true eccentric in the best sense of the word. He has been missed on Fchat and will be sorely missed in the future.My thoughts and prayers are with his sister Karen and his mother. R.I.P. Bundas!

24. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Sad news - RIP Bundas...

Ruben

25. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed