Anyone have a summary of removing dash to replace radio? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Anyone have a summary of removing dash to replace radio?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Steve1979, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lunyx

lunyx Rookie

Jul 5, 2022
    For the 10 inch one, do you have pictures from the side?

I'm still wondering how the headunit is secured to the car for the floating screen setups. All the 9 inch ones I've seen don't have the ferrari plastic piece. Is there some specific mounting bracket or is it just slid in and not really secured?

Willl likes this.
  2. Minnesota

Minnesota Rookie

Mar 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Aaron Harkins
    I am in the process of installing a Pioneer DMH-WC5700NEX in my 2010 California. The hard drive in the stock unit died.

I am using the Paser Unican, and the steering wheel controls work, the unit powers up as it should, backup camera comes on, etc. I had to connect the “system remote control” wire from the Pioneer to power the antenna to get any reception, as was mentioned in a prior post.

I don’t have any sound yet. I don’t think the amplifier is turning on. I have the JBL amp in the trunk, part number 256026. I have searched the forms and nobody seems to have this issue.

Is there a lead from the harness to the original Becker head unit that needs to be powered? Or is the amp controlled by CANBUS?

I have the dash apart and I’m not planning on putting it back together until I have it working.

3. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    That was very helpful, I was looking all last year on how to remove dash, thank you for posting.

997 likes this.