Any help appreciated | FerrariChat

Any help appreciated

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Italian Lover, Dec 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Italian Lover

Italian Lover Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Italian Lover
    Hello, I was curious if anyone here in the Spain section can help.

I have been looking for Alfa Romeo 60's Duetto spider and saw this ad in the Anamera ad which indicated location as Italy and a private party for sale at 7500 euro (?).

After contacting the owner by email, got a reply and was told the car to be in Granada, Spain.

He seemed eager to sell, but the price seems much on the low side IMHO and possibly a scam ?

In the last email, I was encouraged to call him, but even then I cannot be certain this is a genuine thing.

Just curious what some of you people think ? A scam ?

Thank you in advance for any opinions or help.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

2. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Can you post a link to the ad or paste the text?

Hard to tell, it´s definitely too cheap but here it´s unusual to use a classic car as bait for a scam, and sometimes luck exists.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Or maybe he got lost in translation and he was talking about The Canary Islands / Gran Canaria (Granada sounds to foreign People very simular?!)?

5. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    There are lots of classic car scams. Nothing is sacred to this scum.

To the OP. You might want to check on one of the popular Alfa boards. I'm sure the car has been spotted by other Alfisti.

6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, definitely something fishy here. I googled the pics and found that those are the same ones in this other ad:

1967 ALFA ROMEO DUETTO ROUND-TAIL SPIDER

That car was in the US. Of course, it still could be the same car that went from the US to Italy and then to Granada, and the busy owner couldn´t take some new photos so he borrowed the ones in the website of the seller he bought the car from in the first place...

But I seriously doubt it, if you know what I mean.

7. Italian Lover

Italian Lover Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Italian Lover
    DeSoto, Greyboxer, Simon, Wolfgang, much obliged for your inputs and help.

I am not pursuing this anymore as you all indicate, too good to be true.

Meanwhile, there is a fine example in the US East Coast that I would most likely buy.

However, I am in a dilemma between a '67 Duetto spider versus an earlier '62 Guilietta spider.

Thank you again for your help and pulling me back to my senses. Much appreciated.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy