any Ferrari owners in the Philippines? | FerrariChat

any Ferrari owners in the Philippines?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Verone, Jan 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Verone

Verone Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2004
    Just wondering if there are any Fchat brothers or sisters in the philippines?

verone

2. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    We're making a trip out to the Phillipines in March! Hopefully, we'll get to meet some Fchatters there as well!.

3. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    you going there looking for a distributor?
    if you are. I do have some contacts that might be keen,
    They are in Manila.

4. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Yes there are about a 2 dozen Ferrari owners and more Porsche guys. I know about 2 F430s, several 360s, was one F50, ofcourse more older models, and rumors of 2 ENZO's? I have had someone contact me in reguards for my services and corporate expansions, which is the clear protection film industry. We've established relations/contacts with several guys in the Philippine exotics communites. We have flown out to Philippines last Jan. and gathered info/meetings/events etc... We are planning to head out again to the Philippines in April, May, July, and Dec. I'll keep everyone posted.

-B-

5. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    There are 246s (3 at last count), some Testarossa, 365 BBs, 308s, and newer Ferraris, including the 430s. There are two Stratos and one ASA. There is one Barchetta belonging to a major collector. The problem is that the country imposes high import duties, so cars tend to cost over twice what they would in the US. Nevertheless, the Manila Sports Car Club is quite active and meets every first Sunday for breakfast at the Manila Polo Club (odd months) and the Rockwell Center (even months), probably the best venue to meet Ferrari owners. They are friendly club and have a website, easily found in Google. There is a Ferrari dealer.

Ingo Knito likes this.
  6. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE

Andy,

Thanks (Salamat) for the info.

I have heard of MSCC since last year, I dont know any of the members. I would like to attend one of the Ferrari Meets in Manila, also meet some of the members/owners/enthusiast. I will be flying in first week of May. My first 3 weeks will be in the Manila region, then head out to Cebu to conduct business meetings. Hope you know some contacts in Cebu as well. Thanks again!

-B-

PM Sent--->>>

7. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE

Wait a min... Do I know you??? :D
    Name sounds familiar, get back to me bro!

-B-

8. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Donoe,

MSCC's May meeting will be on the first Sunday of the month at the Manila Polo Club. Starts about 7AM, ends about 10AM. I don't believe there is a Ferrari club as such or that the Ferrari owners meet separately. Many of the owners, specially of the older Ferrari, are members of MSCC. I can introduce you to some Ferrari owners and the publisher of the local EVO magazine - they did a feature on local Ferraris recently and know the owners. There is also a sports car club in Cebu, and I can put you in touch too. Stay at the Alegro Resort there if you have time to relax - nice beach and interesting reef; good scuba diving. My small collection is quite eclectic, with only one Ferrari (a 246GT). Have sent my email address to your email. Let me know if you don't receive it, and I will try again.

9. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Ciao.
    I think I qualify... I live in Metro Manila and own a Ferrari (second hopefully adding soon).
    Regrettably the car is in Italy. Having now experienced the local roads and traffic for almost a year, I guess that it will stay where it is...
    If anyone is in the area, please feel free to contact me.
    Ciao
    Eugenio

10. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Thanks for the Info abstamaria! Do MSCC requires you to be a member to attend these gatherings? I will email you soon. As far as Cebu, I have plans on staying over at Plantation Bay. My business partner (brother) who was just out there during Sinulog 2006 had opened a company account with Plantation, which I think is cool... I cant wait, my first time going :)

Hey there Eugenio,

Ive seen your post here somewhere and just now remembered you are from Manila. Glad to hear another F-Car owner from back home :) I would love to meet up when I get there. Im planning to stay a few nights over at Manila Penn or Shangri-LA, or any other suggestions?

Maraming Salamat!

-Bhane_

11. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Bhane, you don't need to be a member to join the monthly meetings. There's one tomorrow in fact. Eugenio, drop by since you're in Makati.

MSCC has organized a tour to Cebu, which starts this Monday, for sports cars 1975 and older. An E-Type and possibly a 246GTS might go on this, which requires about 5 ferry crossings. Manila roads and traffic are terrible, the only clear break being Sunday mornings (hence MSCC's breakfast meets). Some drives outside Manila are wonderful, but you have to be brave!

Plantation Bay is nice; it is on Mactan Island. Alegre Resort is an hour North of Cebu and has two private beaches. Very quite, but no nightlife. I like it, but I much older than you, Bhane. Considering at your age, you might enjoy Cebu more.

The Peninsula is quieter and older than Shangri-La, so you should probably stay at the latter hotel. They're across each other. Enjoy your trip.

Andy

12. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Bhane, I agree with Andy. Shangri La (Makati one) is a very good choice. Again, drop a pm whenn you are around.

Andy, I only now see your post for this morning meeting: damn!!
    I'd have loved to come. I live in Ayala Alabang Village, Again drop a pm if you come around.
    Ciao
    Eugenio

13. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Great thanks again for the heads up. I havent been home over decades :D
    As for the night life in Manila/Cebu, im pretty sure there are plenty and most fun, I heard many stories from family and friends, and all I can say is "Drools" :D Im really considering a quite relaxing time while im out there. I've gone'ways from the clubbing and lounge scene for a year now, im mainly family, business, and networking. Im actually meeting an associate who will be arriving 2 weeks before I do.

Thanks again and hope all is well with you both!

Andy, I received your email, salamat :) Will be in contact soon.

Just out of curiousity, any Challenge Stradale in Philippines?

-B-

14. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    YO! I just stumbled across this thread. I was born in Manila. I'd love to go back and visit there someday. I still have relatives there. And now it's nice to know there are some F-car owners, especially Dino owners on the island.

When I'm ready to visit, I'll have to hit you guys up for recommendations.

Manny

15. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Bhane,

DUDE, I didn't know you're Filipino. DUDE, you tried to hook me up with a Mini Cooper S for my fiancee. Thanks for that. Jennifer was very nice. Too bad they couldn't get the car she wanted.

Looking forward to meeting you some time.

Manny

16. GAR 72

GAR 72 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Just saw this thread. I think we should talk to the Philippine dealer here to be a little active in organizing fun runs and get togethers. The porsche dealer here is very active and its has created a big following for that brand. Hopefully, it happens to ferrari as well.

17. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    The Porsche Club, affiliated with MSCC, is very active and has been organizing the Sunday runs actually before the dealership was established. The Porsche dealer recently started its own club, consistent with Porsche head office policies, and conducts separate runs. Ferrari new-car sales are too small to prompt the dealer to organize runs (cars here cost almost double the US price). However, the monthly MSCC runs (every third Sunday) do attract some Ferraris, including Maranellos and 550s. The last two events (at the San Miguel HQ and Polo Club) had two 430s.

18. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
    The only exotic I have seen pics of back home is a Yellow Murci. owned by a member of some BMW Club.

19. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    The local version of Evo magazine has been featuring some exotics. There are quite a number of non-Ferraris, including a Maclare F1, the 993 GT2, a recently imported LeMans spec GTR, as well as a few collectibles, like Gullwings, a 427 Cobra, Miuras, Stratos, etc. There was an F40, but this was since rexported, but the Daytona (featured in Evo) and the Barchetta re still around.

20. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Any Filipino Ferrari owner here in central CA.?

21. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    I grew up in Tracy/Stockton.

22. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wow I did not realize we have several fchatters from Phils.

I grew up in Manila and moved to San Francisco back in 2000. The Ferrari dealer there is a good friend of my family. Infact I met with the owner back in June to discuss possible Ferrari events. I also have some friends with exotics/sports cars there. I used to be very active in the racing scene and worked for Autoplus back in the late 90's.

One of my friends who used to live here just brought back his '03 Murci. It's a black one. Another friend of mine has a Ford GT with straight pipes. I think they formed an exotic car club and go on drives on Sundays.

They have a pretty good lineup too. Murci, Carrera GT, Ford GT, F430s, 355s, 360s, and a bunch of Porsches.

Jacky Enrile was the one who owned the F50. He sold that years ago to get a McLaren F1. I think his Mac is a silver one.

I'm thinking of going back in June to visit for a month. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you then.

23. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
    Doesn't Aubrey Miles have a blue 996 GT2?

24. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Is the 993 GT2 silver? I rode in that car back in 99. The original owner was Joseph from HK. He also had a silver Supra that was fully modded out.

25. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ah Aubrey Miles....

We knew each other back in college (UST). She wasn't famous then. She was still an "extra" for a comedy show called Tropang Trumpo (I think).

I did hear she drove a Porsche, but not sure which one.