Americana Concours | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Americana Concours

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by msdesignltd, Oct 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    What was story with the fiberglass pontoon tr replica? Owner says ferrari chassis but Chevy engine. Why not use ferrari engine if have chassis? that would make it very cool

2. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    1. Many long time participants did not receive email invitations to register as they had been in the past.
    2. There were gaps in communication with some not being notified at all after registration or after submission of photos.
    3. The "display" parking area was nearly totally populated with vintage cars.

Its clear the show sponsors and leadership do not want older cars there. For some reason they are playing to the new car set. I guess that's okay except for people like me, that is boring. This show started out as a high point on the car culture calendar but it now is just another dealer event and it is massively outperformed by C&C events such as New Caanan, Greenwich, and those in NJ.

The Americana Concours has jumped the shark.

3. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    did not make it this year. but it is a shame the are going in the new car direction. seeing the old astons and ferraris was definitely the highlight in prior years.
    my fave was a DB4 i believe they took a couple of years ago. hopefully the organizers will realize their folly and correct for next year.

4. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

While I liked the earlier shows it's really hard to judge the new direction due to the rainy conditions the last two years. I'm curious how many invited cars were no shows due to the conditions. Special kudos to the gent with the open brass model T. Still an interesting grouping of new and old. Missed being invited this year but ended up in the front row to fill empty spots. Hopefully next year the weather will cooperate and we'll see how their new format works

5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Well I'll add something which made me question their level of organization and/or understanding of what they were doing.

I sent in my application for my Ferrari Boxer 2 months ago. The week before the event, I was asked for pictures and sent them that day. I sent several follow up emails to hear if they received them and received no response. I never received any info as to my car being in the show or not even after sending a last email on Friday.

A friend who had two cars accepted into the event had to send an email because one was to be judged and the other was for display, but they did not say which car was display or to be judged. He said I was in the non-judged portion of the event as I asked him to include it in his email.

Additionally I never received an email that the registration had been pushed back to 9am.

These things have little to with rain. I was there with my car for an hour or so and left.

6. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    ....and that clatter coming from the DJ was downright annoying.

7. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
  8. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY