Americana Concours | FerrariChat

Americana Concours

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by msdesignltd, Oct 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  2. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

My 328 was turned down for entry this year. Seems new judges are trying to attract a more diverse high quality field. While my car isn't trophy worthy I can"t say I'm not disappointed to be out . I was invited to the display only area behind the stores. See you there

3. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
  4. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Let's hope the weather forecast improves and we don't have a repeat of last year.

5. 308coop

308coop Rookie

Dec 18, 2012
    I hope the weathers holds out... finally got my 308 running again!

6. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I know of three other cars that were turned down. One, a QV was accepted for judging. Don't understand what they are doing this time around. We'll see on Sunday but my suspicion is this show jumped the shark this year. Hope I'm wrong.

7. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    With the weather forecast kind of questionable, the "true answer", might not be evident to them.

8. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    They should really have a rain date
    Does not look like a car show day Sunday

9. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    was there early this AM a little after 9am...cars were arriving and parking...was a steady rain...not exactly a downpour but moderate steady rain.....
    very interesting Blk Ford GT there....

10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  11. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I bailed out ... rain

What was best in show?
    Which car best ferrari?

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  17. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    #18 mcimino, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Lots of no-shows (empty spots) due to weather. Jim's SCG 003CS won Best in Show. The wheels on that TR 'replica' looked like they came off a kit car.

18. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    How many Ferraris in show?
    Which one won?

19. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I got there towards the end of the show but there was a good Ferrari presence, including an Enzo, 288 GTO. There were 3 F-cars in the award lineup, that dark green all-original 275 4-Cam, a dark blue Dino GT and a Testa Rossa. I didn't catch what award they each won.

20. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    That car had a very nice paint job on it. The wheels looked like Dunlops (as in from an older Jaguar)

21. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Honestly, I was not impressed with the direction they are going in. It seemed like the show field was set up to showcase dealer cars, with a much reduced accommodation for vintage or classic European cars. I found it odd that their website said they would probably not accept cars they had judged before but looking at photos from 2016, all of those cars except the 246 Dino were there being judged today.

I kind of was left with the feeling it was the NY Auto Show without the American manufacturers represented. This show is going in the wrong direction for me. Glad to see that others braved the rain and took out their cars too. Heck its only water.

22. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Empty spots up front, dealer after dealer. Some nice cars in the back. They showed little to no respect to the people who broght their cars and were in the non-judged catagory. My car did not melt and the A/C, wipers and lights all worked at the same time. Who said Ferraris aren't built to use, even the last handbuilt examples.

The rally the day before was the highlight for me. Had a great time, met some cool folks and saw better cars.

Any big or important show the cars are out rain or shine. But people won't bring a car they just spent two weeks or two days preparing out in the rain for an insignificant trophy. Winning a world class event will get the big boys out. Just saying.

mcimino likes this.
  23. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Bugatti Chiron's or Koenisegg's ?

24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    This year can't really complain about all the dealer displays because of the rain keeping private vintage cars at home. Lots of empty spots that would have balanced out the mix if sunny day. Besides I didnt mind lambo being there with performante. And tesla is there anyway. Porsche dealer display was too big though. Dont need to see panamera and 911 at this type show. But they must have paid big $ to be there with biergarten.