625 TRC recreation | Page 2 | FerrariChat

625 TRC recreation

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by 2006scinta, Sep 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yo, McFly, good to see you back.

D

2. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    We need to get Scinta to post some more pics of his creations, past and present. I will never afford a multi-million dollar original, but a nice repro of correct dimensions and quality is in the realm of possibility.

I envision a 250TR replica powered by the engine out of a 400GT with carbs and manual transmission to keep the heritage of the original. Or a P4 powered the same with a transaxle. Or a similar 250LM. It all sounds interesting PROVIDED that one could build a correct original style tube frame. (Hence my questions in the Vintage Ferrari Frames thread).

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

welcome back arlie.

4. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I see a market for retro bodies such as these on modern Ferrari chassis, a bit like they do with muscle cars in the states now.

Once the unibody of a 456/550/575/599/612 is beyond econonic repair they simply become parts cars.

Strip that damaged outer skin away away, lengthen/shorten the bare unibody to the correct wheelbase, strengthen it with a a tube chassis/cage and add the new retro body as a non load bearing skin. Classic looks, modern running gear, recycling at its best.

5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yeah, I thought several months back where are some people. You were big on corvette knowledge and others as I remember.

Hope life is getting better, lots of us took a haircut after 2009.

6. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    A friend of mine said it best when he said, "I'm tired of living at rock bottom."

7. archimedou

archimedou Rookie

Aug 9, 2013
    Zurich, Switzerland
    What a wonderful work ! Fantastic skills needed to build these body.
    On which website can i find them for sale ?
    Waht would be the price for 250 GTO body ?

8. Vintage Ferrari

May 1, 2011
    @2006Scinta, would you be so kind as to respond to the other thread or PM me the wheelbase and overall length on the 625? Thank you.

9. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    I PMd him recently. He sold a few of the bodies. After going through other builds and educating myself more on this subject, this guy is reallly talented.

He said he doesn't come on here much anymore, sadly.

10. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    I PMd him recently. He sold a few of the bodies. After going through other builds and educating myself more on this subject, this guy is reallly talented.

He said he doesn't come on here much anymore, sadly.