599 Spyder Concept | Page 4 | FerrariChat

599 Spyder Concept

Discussion in '612/599' started by drkita, May 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drkita

drkita Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steve Kita

Oh yes, the rake angle of the front windshield naturally laid back when we placed the Ferrari California windshield. We did this so that it allows us to use all the interior panels at the top of the windshield, including the rearview mirror, and vanity lights, and the sun visors, and the locking pin and latch for the soft top to engage, even the rubber molding around the windshield. All of that we can use genuine Ferrari parts.

2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  4. drkita

drkita Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steve Kita
    dcmetro and F456M like this.
  5. drkita

drkita Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steve Kita
    NürScud likes this.
  6. drkita

drkita Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steve Kita
    LARRYH, raider1968 and Makuono like this.
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Beautiful, I will post it in the F12 thread

8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    God bless you

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    You have to do that F12!

LARRYH likes this.
  10. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  11. drkita

drkita Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steve Kita
    Yes, I am designing some parts to test in plastic first before milling out of aluminum

12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Very nice, these cars should have been done back in the day.

For the F12, I´d suggest a slightly taller "hump" behind the seats to avoid the rear deck looking too long and flat. And while you´re at it, could you redesign the rear bumper, please, please?

13. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    That's great. I'm looking forward to see the car finished.

14. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Just a really great job. Congratulations on doing what Ferrari should have done. If they don't do it with the 812, which I think they finally will, I may have to ship you a car! Much prefer it to the Aperta.

LARRYH likes this.
  15. drkita

drkita Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steve Kita
    Thanks for compliments!
    Personally, the 812 design I feel is very busy, and just too much intakes and air outlets. I talked to a guy named Sasha Selipanov, who is a designer from Art Center College. He designed the Bugatti Chiron. But anyways he know some of the designers at Ferrari, and according to him, they are being told by management to make the cars look more aggressive, more like the Lamborghinis.
    I feel that Ferraris are different. They can look aggressive, yet graceful, and harmonious sculptures..
    There was a time when Ferrari bodies were compared with the lines of the physique of a beautiful woman. But now a days, car designs are more and more looking like aliens, or insect like. Lots of creases, and lines and intakes, outlets... Just trying so hard to look "new".
    I hope future Ferraris will keep in line with history.

Anyways, yes I have some ideas on the 812, if they don't do it, I will be happy to design one for you!

LARRYH and Makuono like this.
  16. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Beautiful renderings and work! I'm not a big fan of of the buttresses on the SA Aperta but I am a fan of raised tonneau covers like the Maserati Spyder 90th Anniversary had.

17. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Gorgeous car! Love to see it in the Gregio Silverstone.
    Hoping to see yours around town sometime.

18. drkita

drkita Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steve Kita
    Thanks! I will take it to some local events in little while. We're replacing the springs on the car, and doing some maintenance in the car at FastCars now.

I am also thinking about taking it up to Scottsdale Auction week in coming January. Any good events you guys can recommend??

19. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Are you an FCA member? We have a ton of events planned for 2018. Some more driving oriented and some more for pleasure. You should consider bringing the car to the Enzo birthday event at the Peterson in February or the Pasadena Concorso (as a display car) in April. Both would be a great place to showcase the car and both are open to both FCA members and non-members.

20. drkita

drkita Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steve Kita
    I used to be a member for just one year, when I got my 360CS. Maybe I will join up again. I do plan on going to Pasadena Concours.

21. drkita

drkita Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steve Kita
    Its been 3 years?? Time flies..
    Anyway, I thought I would update you on my soft top mechanism.
    We showed the car at the Quail show last year, I had to tweek the mechanism for hydraulic movement.

The main pieces were all CNC milled from 3D models I made in Rhino3D. Some internal linking arms were laser cut from titanium.
    Operates hydraulically for almost all of it, except for the last part where the rear flap is attached to the car manually.

It's what they call a bikini top, kind of like the Porsche 718 speedster. They make you do everything manually.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Rex71

Rex71 Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Majd B.
    Amazing job.
    Looking forward to seeing your next project.

456-boy and drkita like this.