575 Technical Thread | Page 46 | FerrariChat

575 Technical Thread

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tazandjan, Jun 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhillipNZ

PhillipNZ Rookie

Apr 4, 2017
    Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 575M in electronic form? Trying to hunt down an issue with blower fans getting power and turning on intermittently, whether car ignition is on or off.

Greatly appreciate any help or potentially an email/pm with the diagrams.

Cheers,

Phil

2. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Tech help:

I left the parking brake engaged over the winter (Idiot) on my 2002 3 pedal, FHP 575m and now the parking brake won't fully release. Driving in driveway no obvious "drag" but slight noise from left rear; I assume left rear parking brake is not fully released. Suggestions for what I can do?

Steve

3. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    When mine stuck, it was not the brakes themselves or the cables. Rather, it was the pin in the Rube Goldberg-ian mechanism that holds it all together. Once I was able to remove that and lubricate it, all was good again. You can't the miss the pin -- about 1/2 inch long with a cotter pin. Good luck. Hope this solves your problem, though mine were stuck equally.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    You can try and use the star wheel adjustment mechanism to free her up if it is the shoe(s) stuck in the drum. Once broken free, if she does, readjust the shoes and the cable. Like Frank said, lubing the components may help after you get the shoes loose.

5. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    "When mine stuck, it was not the brakes themselves or the cables. Rather, it was the pin in the Rube Goldberg-ian mechanism that holds it all together. Once I was able to remove that and lubricate it, all was good again. You can't the miss the pin -- about 1/2 inch long with a cotter pin. Good luck. Hope this solves your problem, though mine were stuck equally."
    You can try and use the star wheel adjustment mechanism to free her up if it is the shoe(s) stuck in the drum. Once broken free, if she does, readjust the shoes and the cable. Like Frank said, lubing the components may help after you get the shoes loose.
    Thanks for fast response...I reviewed a few of the old post on this topic...will take a look tomorrow....more advice may be needed.

Steve

6. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    FWIW, removed left rear wheel and left cable would tighten and loosen with hand brake...backed off a little with star wheel and that removed the brake drag. Thanks for the help.

Steve

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I love a happy ending.

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  9. fstncln

fstncln Rookie

Jul 30, 2015
    Brighton, MI USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #1134 fstncln, May 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Terry,

I really enjoy reading your posts and have learned A LOT from them. I've been meaning to send this info for a while but I keep making the mods. you recommend so I wanted to wait for a lull in the upgrades to best represent what I actually have. My car is a 2003 575M, TDF w/beige, F1, it has 28k km as of last week. SN 132756, AN 50052, I bought it from Domenic in Calgary in 8/15. I drove it home from Calgary to Brighton after he picked me up at the airport and we got to know each other over lunch. Great guy, as I'm sure you know. I believe in driving my cars though this will be more limited in use. This is my first Ferrari, the realization of a life-long dream.

As for mods., here's what's been done so far:

Tubi Exhaust (on the car when I got it)
    Steering ECU
    Shock ECU
    HGTC Rear bar/bushings
    Cosmos springs (208678, -9) but haven't put them on yet (I'll use lower Euro specs.)
    H&R 15mm hubcentric wheel spacers w/longer SS bolts
    18" 550 wheels w/Michelin PSS (I still have the original 18s/tires too)
    Canton CM 25-284 8 micron cartridge style oil filters
    Hill Engineering tensioner bearings w/Dayco extended life belts
    I'll probably put some better brake pads on at some point, bigger brakes are less likely.
    I'd like to graft on a steering sensor but the need isn't urgent (the other mods helped).

I'm not going to track the car so I don't feel the need to go much further. I may take it to the track on a track day but won't go 10/10ths (just 9.5) or compete with it. It's not really made for that and I have other stuff that is better suited for it. It's a heavy GT that is really great to drive fast over long distances and have fun with, it's not a racer.

I've been doing the work (belts, bearings, oil/filters, mods) on it myself and have found some alternatives to the expensive Ferrari tools. For example, I found a Gates (the belt manufacturer) tension gauge for only $600 that works just as well as the $2k Ferrari unit. I'm also working with some friends at K&N to possibly make some permanent, lower restriction panel air filters that don't cost as much as the special order 180935/A Tubis or the imported Formula Dynamics pieces.

If you want to know anything else about the car just ask. I have attached pictures with the original wheels/tires. Thanks again for all of the valuable information in your posts. As you can see, I've taken quite a bit of it to heart and the car is the better for it.

Best regards,

Frank
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

dhari likes this.
  10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Frank- Very pretty with some nice mods to make her more fun to drive. Will add her to the list.

11. wrgray68

wrgray68 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 5, 2014
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Walker Gray
    Terry, my records show 127857 is Argento Nurburgring. Would you mind double checking to make sure these photos are in fact 127857? Thanks!

12. wrgray68

wrgray68 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 5, 2014
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Walker Gray
    Another request for confirmation....I have seen 131541/AN 48596 listed as both a manual and an F1. Does anyone have photos of the car to confirm which is correct? I know that a lot of sellers list F1 as manuals, so I'm assuming its F1, just want to make sure. Thanks!

13. wrgray68

wrgray68 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 5, 2014
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Walker Gray
    Actually, same question as above for the following:

138902/AN 56464
    134153/AN 51499

Any help would be appreciated!

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Remember, too, that there are 575s being converted to manual shifters. I probably should start a list of those.

15. fstncln

fstncln Rookie

Jul 30, 2015
    Brighton, MI USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks Terry!

16. matt matthews

matt matthews Rookie

Jul 15, 2008
    Santa Barbara CA.
    need your 575 to pass SMOG and have a AUX air inc--- its nuts what you have to do to clear--can't pub will tell call 805-698-2901 just driving won't work!!

MATT

17. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    I have gone back and re-read a lot of this thread from the beginning and a commenter from few years ago asked about the number of 575M manual+ FHP in the US and the response was basically "Who Knows?". Curious, now that the database is a few years older if there is a educated guess to what that number may be.

Steve

18. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Steve- Nothing new I have seen.

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #1144 tazandjan, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. contadino

contadino Karting

Oct 18, 2016
    ITALY
    Very Nice :)

21. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I just purchased my 575 two days ago and they're giving it a major service/fluid change before shipping it to me. They just began work on it yesterday, how long does something like that take? Thanks

22. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Congratulations! Please share some pictures when you can...

Gr. Martin

23. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    At least a couple of days if they do it correctly. I give mine to my techs on a Monday and usually see it on Wed/Thu.

24. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Thanks taz, mine is similar to yours in appearance. Red/tan but mine is F1 not sure what yours is. Looking forward to it, I've been wanting one for a long time just never found the color combo i wanted.

25. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Taz where is the serial number found? Is that the Vin? My assembly is 44853 I dont see it on your spreadsheet. What other info do you need from me for your spreadsheet? Thank you. Also Taz I have a small nick on the rear left side of the car, not on the trunk, its one giant piece obviously connects to the roof, Ive spoken with a few people about repairs and everyone says they cant do it, do you have any options for that? Thank you.