456M GTA, Blue TDF on Tan, Excellent condition | Page 3 | FerrariChat

456M GTA, Blue TDF on Tan, Excellent condition

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by bradyorlando456MGTA, Jun 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    $70k might be high but before giving that much ground, strongly recommend you remove shields, do a proper photo shoot and readvertise across cars.com, autotrader, fml, dupont and ebay all at the same time. Spending $500 on detail and advertising could save you ten times that much. She's a beautiful example. The interior is in great shape compared to most.

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    and i am not trying to be rude either....so if you want to keep the shields, at least move them to the factory location.

i also think that today's market price for this car is low - hence i bought. so unless you have to sell it, just keep it.

3. bradyorlando456MGTA

Mar 31, 2014
    Bluffton, SC
    Full Name:
    Brady Orlando
    Ok, that sounds correct. Thanks, I do appreciate your input.

4. bradyorlando456MGTA

Mar 31, 2014
    Bluffton, SC
    Full Name:
    Brady Orlando
    Ok sounds good, I do have the car on autotrader but I will look into some other places to advertise. Thanks, yes the car is in excellent condition inside and out as well as mechanically.

5. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Brady,

Factory shields bolt on the fender in a stamped recess. Each are also specific to the curvature of the particular car and have unique part numbers. The 456M even have different part numbers between sides! If yours are held on by 3M-type tape, they have either had the posts cut off and are from a different model, or they are aftermarket.

I agree with Ross, your should either remove them or mount them in their proper place. Trust me, anyone who's willing to pay top market price will know. And care.

Also like Ross, I just purchased an M GTA last month, in comparable condition to yours, but with less than half the miles. My offer was $10K less than yours, we settled just south of your current price. The mileage on yours is going to be a factor. Given the current market, if you're not willing to accept a price near $50K, I think you're better off keeping it.

If you are going to sell it, I would recommend you consider BaT. I just sold a car there (which I've commented on in other posts). In hindsight, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and after a small bidding war at the end received about 50% more than I expected.

GLW_, whichever you choose.

6. bradyorlando456MGTA

Mar 31, 2014
    Bluffton, SC
    Full Name:
    Brady Orlando
    Ok, thank you. I've scheduled another eBay auction starting on 8-1-17 at 9pm EST. I've lowered the reserve to a very reasonable price. I also have all the records scanned on my computer now if anyone needs them and is serious about the car. I'm also working with Carfax to have the latest records input into their service history.

Thanks everyone for your help and input.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122626038732?ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1554.l2649

7. bradyorlando456MGTA

Mar 31, 2014
    Bluffton, SC
    Full Name:
    Brady Orlando
    Just to let everyone know the car is still for sale, it can be seen on autotrader and kbb.com as well. The asking price has been reduced to $60k

8. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    Give me a few more months and i'll contact you if it's still up. But I also would remove the shields. I think the automatic cars take an unwarranted price hit vs the manuals.

hugo442011 likes this.
  9. bradyorlando456MGTA

Mar 31, 2014
    Bluffton, SC
    Full Name:
    Brady Orlando
    Ok. Yes there definitely is a big difference in price between the 2, although I think the auto trans is appropriate for the 456 being such a quiet and relatively smooth car. Personally I don't think it takes anything away from the car and many articles about the 456 back that up.