456GT stereo replacement? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

456GT stereo replacement?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by enzone, Mar 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prit Singh

Prit Singh Karting

May 29, 2017
    London
    #26 Prit Singh, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Greetings

Excellent thread.

I have the same no display lcd with fluid leak on my xtc-f1rds. I have just bought a Sony xtc-u200rds from Ebay. Please could you advice weather to swap the whole faceplate board or just the lcd?

2. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Hi Prit, the faceplate board has some slight differences as I recall in component placement.
    I found a Sony/Ferrari original unit in the end where I used the display of on mine. I suspect that the issue can also well be that the polarizing filters on the LCD get bleached by UV. So the actual LCD could be OK and just need new filters. Could be good news. The XTC200 unit LCD was not usable enough "out of the box" for me.
    maybe try with some Polaroid glasses on yours before condemning its LCD.

3. Prit Singh

Prit Singh Karting

May 29, 2017
    London

4. Prit Singh

Prit Singh Karting

May 29, 2017
    London
    Good evening

Many thanks for the reply. I will sure experiment. Tbe display on my xtc-f11rds has turned blue! The caps also will need to be replaced. Will check the filters. Not sure If you can still buy them.

The Sony xtc-u200rds I bought is in very good condition. If i can use the whole unit some how I will using the origina f11rds faceplate body. Will keep posting progress.