456/550/575 No-Drill Front License Plate Mounts Now Available | FerrariChat

456/550/575 No-Drill Front License Plate Mounts Now Available

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Carbonio, Sep 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #1 Carbonio, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For those of you who live somewhere required by law to display a front license plate you know what a pain it can be to mount on the front of your Ferrari. The available brackets either make you drill holes or some mount the plate using the tow hook which is just plain ugly. Fortunately the mad scientists here at Carbonio have come up with a neat and tidy solution that allows for the mounting of a front license plate without the need for any holes. Our mounts go on and off in seconds and leave no trace of their existence when removed.

Available for almost every Ferrari from 1948-Present we have perfect fitments for the 456/550/&575 line of cars. Here is a link to more information:

Carbonio Performance - License Plate Mounts

Of course no post would be complete without a pic. We will also add that this is a GLOBAL SOLUTION and fits license plates of all sizes and all countries.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Lionworks Auto

Lionworks Auto Formula 3

Oct 16, 2013
    Worthington OH
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Seems Ike a nice solve! Do you have a pic with a F355?

3. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Hi Ed we are working on filling in the blanks with our promotional images and currently do not have a pic on a 355. While we have been lucky enough to try our mounts on a huge variety of Ferrari's ,many owners are very sensitive about their privacy so we don't always get clearance to use images of their cars. Of course we would always block out plates but it is not our place to make an owner uncomfortable and we do our best to respect their wishes.

4. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I have a chair pilot plate clip that works pretty well. Too bad the maker isn't around anymore.

chairpilotproducts.com

5. bill59

bill59 Karting

Oct 26, 2010
    bean town
    Full Name:
    bill h
    I looked this over and it is clever indeed. My concern is that the 550M has a plastic grill. And I don't think I can replace that. Count me among the scofflaws yet to be arrested in MA. I applaud your efforts however. It seems a quicker solution to quickly putting on a plate when an officer asks where is that plate. Thanks Bill

6. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi. The 550 grills are painted steel!

7. bill59

bill59 Karting

Oct 26, 2010
    bean town
    Full Name:
    bill h
    Whoa, I have to get out more. Why do they feel like plastic? :)

8. ko23

ko23 Karting

May 6, 2015
    I have a similar one by a company out in Vancouver, Canada who was commissioned by Ferrari of Vancouver to make a bunch of these using T6066 aluminum. It worked great but it did decrease cooling so I was advised to remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ko23

ko23 Karting

May 6, 2015
    If anyone has experience using this new design, please let us know.

10. ko23

ko23 Karting

May 6, 2015
    What material is this no-drill mount made from?

11. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    To answer your questions:

1. These mounts in no way impede airflow in a manner that will affect the cooling of your car. I have one on my personal 308 and those cars are notorious for poor cooling. Not once has the temperature even creeped since I put the plate mount on.

2. The mounts are made from CNC cut and bent steel coated in exterior grade semi-gloss black powder coat. They are made to OEM / SAE specifications and the finish matches the trim pieces and brackets you would find on your Ferrari.

12. ko23

ko23 Karting

May 6, 2015
    I purchased one from Carbonio. Works great. Fits perfect. Thanks for your explanations on the specs.

13. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    More and more OEM Ferrari dealers are starting to stock our license plate mount proclaiming it as the solution they have been waiting ages for. If you want to be legal and just don't want to drill the front of your beauty have we got the solution for you. More info and online ordering at:

Carbonio Performance - Ferrari 488 No-Drill Plate Mount

14. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I purchased one of these to mount my required front plate in Massachusetts to my recently acquired 456M.

Delivery was prompt, instructions clear and concise, hardware exceptionally well executed, and the fitment was perfect.

Aside from all that, seemed okay! Lol.

If you have to have a front plate mount, this is a great way to go. Very easy removal/remount cycle if you want to pop it off for photos or whatever.

15. ko23

ko23 Karting

May 6, 2015
    Same for me too. Got one. Thanks.

16. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for the positive comments guys. It is the OEM level of fit and finish that has really opened doors to the official Ferrari dealerships. Some even are including them with every new car they sell instead of the factory supplied bracket that requires the bumper to be drilled.

17. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    We have just launched an all new website with easier navigation, online ordering, and improved mobile application. There you can easily find full information and order your very own front license plate mount for your Ferrari. Lots of jurisdictions seem to be cracking down on front plates and our global solution has been very popular. YES we do ship worldwide and YES we do have stock ready to ship today. Check it out at www.carbonio.com