430 spider or Carrera GT? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

430 spider or Carrera GT?

Discussion in '360/430' started by sunline, Oct 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bubbajoe

bubbajoe Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Bubba J.
    +1

2. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    This famoust crash was the result of poor track design as is stated in the article. There are many other threads on the topic, and the basic synopsis is discussed in the article, and I won't beat it to death here.

The only mention of "negligence" is that which Porsche did not adapt PSM to the car due to various reasons.

I think the argument for the above is a ridiculous one, and I don't believe this would have won in any court other than in California. How can a car company be held responsible for not putting a particular safety feature on its car, especially if it is not mandated by law? What's next?

3. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    #128 410SA, Oct 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. cmcjo

cmcjo Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe
    WOW!
    And your garage too Ruff. Perfect

5. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I knew you ran deep man but geezuz...

6. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Hahaha you hit the nail with that comment :D

7. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    WOW!!!! Somehow this should not be allowed!!! How many legendary supercars does one man need???

8. Greg Z

Greg Z Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Full Name:
    Gregory L. Zelinski
    Short and simple: CGT

9. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    One can never have enough of them ... :D

10. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    Very true, but current number of supercars in my garage....ZERO!!!!

11. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Fantastic pic Alex, what a collection ! Auto heaven right there.

enjoy it in the best of health man.

12. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Talk about a dream car garage....

13. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    I'd take the Widow Maker hands down.

14. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Not to be nit picky but the GT2 is referred to as the "Widow Maker."

15. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Minor correction to that: OH Snap! Can you adopt me? :D
    Incredible collection!

16. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex

What a cool garage! Congrats to you!

17. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    As the owner of a 430 Spider and someone who has spent a lot of time behind the wheel of a Carrera GT... I can safely tell you that the mere hint of comparison between the two machines is idiotic. Compare the Carrera GT to the Enzo instead.

TBH I think the Carrera GT is actually the best sports car in the world full stop. I have never driven a car (Enzo included) with such electric responses to ALL control inputs. The build quality is Porsche at their finest - magnificent (sad to say that it makes the Enzo look a bit kit-car ish). What makes it special is how the quality of the steering response is matched by the engine's response, the consistency of the brakes, the precision of the short throw gearbox and clutch action.
    The engine in particular is truly special. Getting that much HP out of a much smaller unit than the Enzo V12 is a great achievement... and that noise... wow!
    Better still, the looks somehow manage to be dramatic and sexy with no hint of brashness or "chest-wig-ness" that can sometimes be associated with supercars.

BUT... and this is why it's so controversial... This car, DEMANDS, nay - FORCES the driver to engage. The steering, throttle, absence of stability control, clutch and chassis setup are sooo direct that you are always driving the car. The Enzo is too easy. Pull the up paddle, floor it and the electronics drive the car for you...... your granny could drive it...... and as a result, ultimately slower around a circuit. The Carrera GT doesn't ever feel like it will understeer and in this respect it's truly unique among road cars.
    All this crap about it being a "dangerous" car and the lawsuit etc is because people are just not used to driving cars that do absolutely everything the driver asks....and that's what the CGT does. Any car, when driven with inadequate skill will kill you... IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT THEN LIFT OFF THE F**KING THROTTLE.

I'll never forget, starting alongside my friends Carrera GT, flooring it, and wringing the last rev out of my 430 (and previously my GT3RS) desperately trying to keep up and watching as my friend literally drove away from me, howling into the distance.

18. ceroge

ceroge Rookie

Mar 24, 2007
    NEW YORK
    Full Name:
    KENSINGTON.CHELSKI
    Both of the cars are in different segment. In F430's segment there are 911 Turbo, SL AMG series whereas in GT's segment there is a noble car Ferrari Enzo & SLR & Zonda!

So I will choose GT !

But F430 can't be underestimated!

19. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    I don't agree with you, but what the hell, we all know what opinions are like.

Anyway, coincidentally my buddy just took delivery of a 2005 CGT with 850 miles. He also has a 360 Spider. We'll be spending a lot of time out together playing and then I guess I'll see what all you guys are taking about. BTW, he paid $375k.

I actually don't care what the CGT, Bugatti, or McLaren F1 cost or how fast they are, or how great they are on the track. I wouldn't trade my F430 Spider for any of them. It's not that they're not fantastic pieces of machinery. They're just not what turns me on. Spending this kind of money on a car is very emotional. It certainly has nothing to quality or we'd all by a Toyota, or economy, or we'd buy a Toyota, or Luxury or we'd buy a Lexus. This has to do with what turns us on and what we love.

And what turns me on is a Ferrari, PERIOD!!! It's been my dream for over 30 years and now it's a reality. Frankly, I don't care one bit about a CGT, and for those of you that think it's a better car than a F430 Spider, my my advice is to go buy one. The good news is that even though I can write a check for one tomorrow, I won't, so there's more for you. Funny thing is I thought this was a Ferrari chat forum.

Peace out!

PS: Sorry, but I just had a Grey Goose Martini,, and that get's me going.

20. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Sounds like the silver car that was at Newport European. Beautiful car! Hope he enjoys it in good health! :)

21. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Tis

22. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Couldn't agree more, so many clueless souls yapping off about what the CGT is about, meanwhile with no idea!

I appreciate both marques and am a hardcore Porsche enthusiast.. Neighbor has a F430 Spider that I am in all of the time, absolutely love the car to death so not being biased one bit, just different leagues and strokes for different folks :)

23. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I want to start a thread about 430 Scuderia vs Carrera GT :p

24. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    Lets not and say we did!!!!!!!!!!

25. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    My opionion ..my would pick the F430 ....drives great ...great quality ....sweet engine sounds ...top notch handeling ..with great re-sale value.

F430 ....all the way!!!!!