430 maryland emissions testing | FerrariChat

430 maryland emissions testing

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by scycle2020, May 8, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    Any 430 owners in Maryland with experience emissions testing their 430s??? Any problems or special considerations with these Ferraris?? Any insight or experiences would be appreciated...thanks...SS

2. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    In Maryland, all they do is plug in to the OBDII connector, check to see if the check engine lamp illuminates with the key on & engine off, check for a no fault code status, and see if all the readiness checks have been completed . Pretty painless :)

3. BCS

BCS Karting

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ/NY
    Full Name:
    Bill

Has this changed? I need to get it done but have some mods, window tint, etc. no cel though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    All they do is plug it in. Do yourself a favor and locate the obd2 connector because they may not know where it is. Also you have to shut the car down and get out. They make the connection to the computer then restart the car. They may not know how to do this so you may have to explain. They care noting about tint or anything else but emissions. Not my personal experience but one of my customers told me of his trip. He traded his 430 for an F12 and that was even harder for the highly trained and skilled employees working at the emissions test facility.