360Stradale 6-speed manual conversion | Page 39 | FerrariChat

360Stradale 6-speed manual conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by alberto, Jul 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Thanks Trev...I tried looking on the parts diagram but I'm none the wiser, is that the AC radiator? Or am I being stupid :D

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    These parts aren't in any normal catalogues as they are made in tiny quantities for a very small production run of Michelotto race cars. Less than 20 I believe!

It forces air into the AC ducting filter region "ramair" style because on a factory 360 N-GT race car there is "nothing" there but pipe work to keep weight down and provide some much needed cooling into the cabin.

I did consider for all of 5 seconds doing an ac delete but decided even with ramair it wouldn't be sufficient in hot weather... Sorry officer I had to drive over 100mph to keep the cabin chilled wouldn't really go down as a reasonable explanation!

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

clean512 and Bas like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ah I see now!

That excuse might still work with the right policemanwoman in the south of Spain and Italy :p

I had an AC delete on one of my cars years ago, never again. The weight savings for a road car are absolutely not worth it.

360trev likes this.
  4. F1Pete

F1Pete Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2021
    Ca
    2004 - 360 - Thinking about converting to Manual from F1. Has anyone had an issue passing CA smog test, following an ECU tune? - Re: Cali's new ECU Tuning Policy for SMOG Test?

5. SimonSays

SimonSays Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Might be easiest to get either an extra ECU with standard firmware, or get the shop that flashed it to restore it to OEM for SMOG.

6. F1Pete

F1Pete Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2021
    Ca
    Once converted, an F1 ECU (original to my car) will show ECL, not compatible with manual car.

7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Pics taken earlier today..

Car is fantastic now, only thing left to do is my 500hp conversion without supercharging or turbocharging (more details on that soon) and I'll be having a 1:1 bespoke front carbon diffuser fitted to balance out downforce at high speeds.

Picture is from a friend's whom has been designed and built for a F430 Challenge so mine will differ slightly but be of a similar type.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Adding Weight Trev? I'm amazed!!!

collegeboy likes this.
  9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Haha yeah, I noticed when I ventured over 160mph in the Isle of Man on the derestricted roads (which it gets to pretty darn quickly) that I could feel some unwanted understeer. At those kinds of speeds you need the thing absolutely nailed. The front splitter will really help in this regard so it's a must.

It's also made of carbon and weights next to nothing plus the small fact that I'm going to be upgrading to 500hp means it will be immaterial;)

LABrit and collegeboy like this.
  10. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    A great "track" to play with such a toy. Agreed, for the few hundreds of grams is well worth it for the comfort and security of having a good pointy nose.

Interested in your 500 hp NA update. Sounds intriguing. Displacement or Compression+Revs?

Kev636 likes this.
  11. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Nice work as always, Trev!

360trev likes this.
  12. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Trev if not for you I would have sold my 360 long ago , you are a true asset to this FCHAT .

AHudson, LABrit, 360trev and 2 others like this.
  13. collegeboy

collegeboy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Texas and Kaua’i
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    Random statement in here that no body asked for or cares about from me.

I was all for a 3 pedal swap before, but after driving my CS for a few days, I honestly do not understand why anyone would want to do a 6 speed manual conversion other than for simplicity. The system is so archaic that you have to almost think like you are driving a 3 pedal car (which I love), while still being super cool technology that IMO makes the CS the CS. The slow speed shifts are fine, and the more throttle higher rev shifts with that pause and burble in between is absolutely intoxicating to me.

omd78, 360trev and Michael B like this.
  14. collegeboy

collegeboy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Texas and Kaua’i
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    I agree. Trevor literally makes owning a 360 easier and more enjoyable for those of us that like to work on our own cars.

360trev and duck.co.za like this.
  15. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Thank you Randy, it's a pleasure to share my decades of experience with the brand and help others to enjoy it as I'm sure Enzo would have secretly smiled about if he knew the sheer passion going on all these years later.

Alas most of us may not be racing them or have the opportunity to really drive them as they are designed to perform but we enthusiasts keep the spirit alive and "Essence" still lives on even in the very "corporate" edition we now call Ferrari today.

My passion is very much with these generation of vehicles, I may still add an FF to my collection at some point (ditching the trusty Range Rover from it's duties) but for me the 360 is the pick of the bunch, especially if breathed on with some "pixie dust" - over the years of ownership it's the only car I've ever felt was a true keeper...

Forza Ferrari!

mtnyo and duck.co.za like this.
  16. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

people's experience are different.
    10 years ago, I probbably felt the same way you do now.
    After driving the DCT and scud's SFII, i have to say, and no offense, the CS's gearshift almost made me think that it had a problem and need to be fixed. The pause and burble became a problem for me in all these years I owned the amazing CS.

Plainview likes this.
  17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev