250 GTO Video | FerrariChat

250 GTO Video

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Rossocorsa1, Aug 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  2. Athanase

Athanase Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2007
    A good candidate for Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies.

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You may want to check proportions, also A-pillar, shape of rear spoiler, and many other details, etc.

Marcel Massini

4. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Can we plz move this to the correct sub-forum now?

Do we know which real Ferrari died to make this?

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Suggest to contact a moderator.

Marcel Massini

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    For those of us that love these cars but aren't experts, please educate us. This is a reproduction?

7. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    It is a "reproduction" (I still prefer the word *FAKE*) simply because it is none of the real cars. Judging by looks solely is a very tricky game as some of the original cars have been rebuilt/restored/recreated so badly that they look even worse - and are going further down that road restoration by restoration (which is sort of unbelievable knowing the value of the cars, factory being involved and prices paid for work).

I have cracked down all the incorrect features I've noticed on various replicas and could make a guess on who built this car and even the serial number, but won't (that would be speculating). One needs to go a very long way to reach this level, so it was not built by a new player. We've seen some new players around lately and their work sucks - I mean really sucks.

I'm particularly amused by the artsy-fartsy zoom-in into a cracked tail light lense.

Cheers, Kare