2017 Suzuka Pre-Race Thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2017 Suzuka Pre-Race Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Here's a youtube video(analysis) of the Stroll/Vettel crash in Malaysia for those who are not able to watch the skysports video

Exclusive New footage Of Vettel/Stroll Crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAWMzEFksYs

2. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    ypsilon likes this.
  3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    To say that because stroll is exonerated based off this footage is ridiculous. It's still proves he's more guilty then Seb. The commentators logic is skewed. They're saying that because stroll didn't turn to the right and kept his wheel at the same angle that he is less to blame. He still has the same amount of accountability because keeping the wheel at the same angle didn't follow the arch of the curve. He should have increased the amount of left steer on his wheel. He did not and his car did not follow the line of the turn and his position on the track did shift go to the right even though he did not turn his wheel to more the right. Vettel's steering wheel does not move to the left however the bias media didn't say anything about that. This being said Seb needs to watch out for himself because others are not watching their morrors waiting to get out of his way.

NEP, 4th_gear, dflett and 1 other person like this.
  4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Lets put the crash of stroll/seb behind us now. It's already a week ago.

Fingers cross for a clean weekend for the scuderia.

crinoid likes this.
  5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think we were trying to and this 'new' video has people stirred.

Remy Zero and Finlander like this.
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ferrari are not blind they will be livid with Vettel, this is beyond ridiculous.

gt4me likes this.
  7. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Nice photos!! These cars have enough wings and winglets, that if turned upside down could just fly away and be gone!!

8. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  9. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    Exactly my thoughts when I watch the Stroll on-board footage.

crinoid likes this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Exactly, he was wandering from the left of track to the right in a lazy arc, even when I was racing, after the race, you basically pick a line and drive it to collect rubber if you need it, and when the corners come, you turn in (in fact with my OCD I used to try to keep the car/motorcycle exactly the same distance from the kerb all the way around). Seb clearly expected him to turn in as any normal person would, whereas it was as if stroll was daydreaming and a few seconds late to recognise the need to start the turn. Professionals tend to be predictable and do the right things, stroll simply doesn't stay switched on until the car is parked, which is what he should be doing

4th_gear, moretti and crinoid like this.
  11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Unpleasant reading for mclaren! Must have cost em a fortune in parts this year

12. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    Thanks JGonzales for the Marlboro photo...............I was just falling asleep reading all the excuses by y'all for Vettel.
    ZZzzz.......

gt4me likes this.
  13. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I need a cig.

14. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Its pretty damning that footage Stroll was just minding his own business as far as I can tell.

15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Exactly...only minding his own business...unfortunately he was not alone on the track and it would have been a good idea looking after others as well and not only minding his own business ;)
    But it looks like it is a normal these days to blame Seb for everything...At least I am not surprised that the British biased media found a footage that could be used blaming him when ignoring all other footages...

NEP and daytona355 like this.
  16. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Could be worse , they could have Alonso driving for them ............ uhoh, furoni ? Didn't FA cost them $100M for Stepneygate ? :p

17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  18. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    To be honest Pete I had not given the source of the footage a moment's thought :confused: it matters not to me, I simply watched Strolls on board camera footage, and came to the conclusion, that Vettel was totally out of order in blaming him for that incident, and my reasoning for that is because Stroll never once turned his steering wheel right, he may have drifted slightly right, but he actually tried to avoid contact when it was too late, and that's totally contrary to what Vettel actually did, he had loads of space and time to avoid this, but was intent on overtaking on a cool down lap, it makes no sense to me whatsoever for him to have done that.

And let's face it, if he was trying to pick up rubber, the right hand side of the track was the best place, and that's not exactly where Stroll was.

19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Please look at the footage from the following car and tell me that it does not look strange what Stroll did...it certainly did not look natural or like anything one had to expect upfront. He simply was not paying attention...It almost looks like he did not even pay attention about the corner itself and was somewhere else with his head...
    It is almost comparable with the crash of Coulthard and Schumacher in Spa in the rain...It is not that Stroll did something that is prohibited just as Coulthard did when slowing down...He just did something nobody could expect and driving a race (or even an in-lap) one has to rely on the other cars doing no nonsense because if they do a crash is not avoidable at that speed. They are not driving with a saftey distance as we do in public traffic to have the time to react when the one in front does stupid things

20. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #73 kraftwerk, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Aha yes funny you should say that, because I did, and that's where I can accept from (Grosjean's car) <I think , the confusion lies, because it is from that perspective of camera angle that it doesn't give a fair judgement , because Grosjean turns his car left at the exact same time and it gives the illusion that Stroll is moving right.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Because Grosjean is taking the corner and Stroll not really...Stroll is basically driving straight on....

22. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Stroll should have been turning the wheel left into the corner, but rather left it straight which caused him to have a really wide car in that corner, Seb wasn’t expecting him to not turn left and drift into the corner. Much of this was said above, this one is squarely on Stroll.

As for why he overtook him, who cares, you should be able to rely on the most qualified drivers in the world to be predictable and dependable...Stroll wasn’t.

NEP, P.Singhof and 4th_gear like this.