2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 21 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Do some if you guys understand sarcasm? Wit? Anything?

Anyone not in a ferrari is my enemy..... simples....... Maxine is too precocious, like the little girl that will scream and scream and scream until she's sick........ Kimi and Seb can do no wrong in my book, forza ferrari, **** the rest

2. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nah nah nah nah naaaahhhhhhhhh

I try not to bother replying to you sensibly as I don't respect you sunbeam, sorry if you feel lonely and ignored .... Not

3. crazyblack

crazyblack Karting

Aug 6, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Oliver
  4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for proving my point, now lookup the meaning for the word "contradiction".and ponder it, whilst rereading your posts,.

thirteendog likes this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Now reread my reply to a person I do have respect for, Robb, which is DIRECTLY ABOVE my reply to you. Doh

If you have to nitpick, at least get it right, you make yourself sound like you are just being obnoxious

7. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    What sbout all that space on Vettels right hand side?

8. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    That shot seals it for me. Clearly max’s fault but as usual he’ll be shielded from criticism. He cost Ferrari the 1-2 and any chance of the WDC

daytona355 and NEP like this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I agree, it's more maxine's fault than everybody else..if it was a first ofense i would let it slide..but we already had canada this year...hope he breaks every single race...

daytona355 and NEP like this.
  10. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

The 2017 Singapore GP will be remembered as the race where the Scuderia scored a monumental own goal and Vettel probably eliminated himself from contention in the championship.
    The 2 Ferraris eliminated within the first few hundred yards was the result of a Schumacher-like manoeuvre by Vettel to squeeze an opponent, at the start that went badly wrong.
    Charlie Whiting and the officials should look into this, and write the rules, so that for the front row, deviating from the straight line ahead at the start is banned for at least a few hundred yards.

kraftwerk and tifosi12 like this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #511 jgonzalesm6, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    What you have is a culmination of events happening on a wet weather track.

Vettel is moving left-->Max shadows Vettel (eyes on Vettel)-->Kimi, after a monster start, is overtaking Max and has to set-up for the first turn so he moves right thinking he clears Max whereby his right rear wheel clips Max's left front--> Vettel and Max moving left and Kimi moving right --> Max is sandwiched and lifts after first contact with Kimi.

This isn't the first time these 3 have had contact. Spa 2016 first lap, Vettel way way outside going into turn 1-->Kimi's on Vettel's right-->Max see's an opening on the right of Kimi AND Kimi brakes early going into the turn-->Vettel cuts sharply into Turn 1 hitting Kimi (in the middle) then Kimi hitting Max--> Vettel is positioned almost opposite traffic.

Both events involving drivers 3 wide with the pole sitter causing a chain of reactions and not being able to see the 3rd driver on the opposite side.

No, Charlie should not adopt a "cannot deviate from a straight line for the first few 100 meters" after the start.

What brings me to mind is why is Vettel (and Kimi) going toe-to-toe with a driver thats not even in the WDC points contention KNOWING that this track since its inception has had a SC. So what if Vettel had a bad start (started in 2nd gear) let Max go and either do the undercut or overcut when the safety car comes out. 3 safety cars came out during this race. I don't know if they discussed strategy knowing full well Lewis was in Row 3 P5 and the W08 does not do well on this track.

Max will not let you pass him easily. If he is behind you, he will take the risk....even more risky for the leader in the WDC pts. Have we not seen Lewis this year behind Max in the most dominant F1 car on the grid voice over team radio..."There is no way I'm gonna pass this guy."

kraftwerk likes this.
  12. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

But Sebastian led from Pole and was not behind Max to contemplate an overtaking manoeuvre.

13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    My point is, Lewis is not going to risk any "entanglements" or "risky manuevers" when it comes to Max due to the bigger picture....WDC pts.:)

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Seems that way. He was super cautious the whole race long. I got anxious when he approached Massa to lap him. Those two have a history together and Massa is terrible in the wet, so I wouldn't have been surprised if he suddenly spun out on his own and taking Lewis with him. Hamilton waited for a clear piece of track and the blue lights and then went on with business. Very Prost like.

kraftwerk likes this.
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, they do have an history together..usually with hamilton crashing into him....

daytona355 likes this.
  16. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    This isn't true, is it? When did they have an encounter yet on track?
    Kimi managed to find himself ahead or behind Max plenty of times. Hamilton hasn't. He either was ahead or he stuffed up or Max (by himself or aid of his team) ceased to exist.
    I think you glorify Hamilton for something that hasn't happened.
    Saying that, I think Wehrlein has a much better track record when it comes to avoidign Max, I think we should appreciate him more, if you get what I mean.

17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Agree'd-- a lesson that Vettel should have learned over the last few years. He has a large emotional driver that is not at all part of the decision matrix he should be employing. LH is far and above the better thinker at this point and yes he has more than had his moments in the past, but this year overall he is much more sorted than Vettel

kraftwerk and tifosi12 like this.
  18. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Australian 2017
    2017 Australian Grand Prix: Best Of Team Radio

Hungary 2017
    2017 Hungarian Grand Prix: Best of Team Radio

And no I don't "glorify" Hamilton.

19. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    +1, especially the 6th paragraph. Ferrari has made so many strategic blunders over the last ten years its no surprise that from the actions of both their drivers at the start there was no thought given to the many scenarios that could unfold. Max could care less about who he punts, Kimi just echoed his "oh well" attitude after the race, but Vettel, with so much to lose, should have known better, and just in case he didn't then the team should have made it very clear what they expected from both drivers at the start. Where was Arrivabene?! Does a team manager mean anything in modern F1?! I'm so sick of his operatic reactions on camera every time something goes wrong...

20. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Exactly what I am saying. In Australia Hamilton couldn't get near him to even try and in Hungary at the start Hamilton and Verstappen were separated by Bottas and thereafter Verstappen Kamikazes into Ricciardo (that didn't do anything risky or bold either).
    Hamilton knows how to keep his nose clean at starts, no doubt. But neither at starts nor in races had he had to show any different behavior towards Mad Max because they tend to not be nearby one another.

21. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Take a look at how close LH and DR are in one of the above frames, yet that's not even mentioned...

22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Hungary clip.....:30 sec in the video....That's Max next to Lewis's right and Lewis was about to overtake and what does Lewis say that is the underlying message.

23. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    I can't see your linked video, it is not accessible in my region. If you consider the second half of the start towards turn 1, Hamilton does not have the option to go left as the road is blocked by Bottas in the front and Max on the left. He decides to go left and with that go into a free space and protect the inside from Ricciardo. This was good thinking but had nothing to do with avoiding Max. And thereafter is no thereafter because the Mad Max takes out the poor Ricciardo.
    There is good driving by Hamilton and good understanding of the situation but nothing indicating he tries to escape proximity to Max.

Edit: Gotcha, Lap 6 attempted pass by Hamilton on Max. Well Hamilton was silly there. He was barely side by side and who has ever one against the RBR on the breaks. I fail to see where there was grand understanding of avoiding Max there by Hamilton. He got his lesson tought, rather.

24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Nevertheless, they have had encounter's on the track and possibly more to come. Mercedes camp are doing damage control and risk assessement when it comes to Max until this season is over.

25. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    If they are smart. I still feel my ears ringing after Rosberg chose to drive with brains last year and walk home with second places. Hamilton will more and more drive like a Prost and not like a Vegan Senna. Good for him, I suppose.
    It would make F1 only more exciting if Hamilton would indeed back away from Max as that is space that will not easily be clawed back in future years.