2017 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 5 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    I am beyond distraught....

As someone mentioned above it all started in Baku. That wheel bashing and the resultant penalty was the start of the crap.Then the puncture at Silverstone and the crash in Singapore.....

I am a dyed in the wool tifosi but I am distraught that we are staring down the barrel of 1 WDC in the last 13 years. FFS!

And, yes, you can blame ME for today's debacle.

Unless I am wearing some Ferrari clothing we are guaranteed a sh*t result.

Quali was early morning our time this morning, and I forgot and was sound asleep - sans Ferrari clothing. Sorry!

2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Were going up against the luckiest driver in f1 history. Every but of bad luck will hit Ferrari. Comes with the territpry when youre facing the luckiest driver in f1 history

ScuderiaRossa likes this.
  3. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    You're the one making assertions about how Vettel is really feeling, claiming that despite his public interviews, his tone, and his body language, his blood is supposedly boiling, and he is apparently depressed about the situation he now finds himself in.

Based on the interviews I've seen and read, and based on Vettel's history of wearing his heart on his sleeve, I've seen no evidence of his blood boiling, or of him being depressed as you suggest.

As I've previously posted, his attitude after the event struck Me as being very pragmatic about it all - A case of him thinking: "c'est la vie!"

He made a point of thanking each member of his crew for getting the power-unit swapped in only 2 hours, in incredibly hot & humid conditions, describing it as a miraculous achievement. He pointed out that no one is to blame, nobody did anything wrong deliberately, and that these things happen in motor racing, it's just something you have to deal with when it does happen, and the whole time he was saying it, he was calm and controlled, with no signs of any anger or upset.

Based on that evidence, I stand by My statement that your post was utter nonsense. If you have supporting evidence to the contrary then feel free to post it!

As for putting you on ignore - Now why would I want to do that? :confused:

If I put you on ignore, then I won't get to see how you have such an incredible insight into how Sebastian Vettel is really thinking, despite his public persona, and I won't get to see all of your remarkable supporting evidence!

No! - putting you on ignore would spoil all of the fun in our discussion! ;)

4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, we needed a stroke of luck. Now we need TWO strokes of luck.

OK, now we´re gonna see if God is a true ferrarista or not!! I´ll remember Him that atheism is on the rise, so He shall bear the consequences if we don´t get a little help in the remaining races.

5. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    God's just pi***ed off because Enzo Ferrari made him give up his seat in heaven! ;)

6. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Things are not trending very well for Seb, on the other hand Lui
    AMEN... Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Oh ye of little faith. :oops:

I don't give a sheet one way or t'other be it Hamilton, Vettel or whoever; but I said it before and found this bit (from McLaren.com):

John Watson: winning from the back
    Posted on Monday, 23 May 2016 12:40 (UTC)
    Not many drivers have won from 22nd on the grid. At Long Beach in 1983, John Watson did exactly that. The same year, at Detroit, he started 17th and finished second.

But did you know the key was his distinctive helmet? “The most important aspect of those races was to catch, execute and move on as quickly as you could,” says Wattie today. “The longer you stayed behind a driver, the longer you gave that competitor in front strength. I had a fluorescent red helmet in my McLaren – so people knew that it was me. I would out-brake people, compromise my position but it didn’t matter as I made sure I f**ked up the other guy too!”

;) :)

8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe,except for this race 2016, which cost him the WDC.

ricksb likes this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    This is Kimi's biggest chance of taking the win,Lewis will not be taking any unecessary risks.

It's looks like rain is not too likely for the race.

11. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Really? Surely you jest.

kraftwerk likes this.
  12. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Seb might be wise to start from the pit lane and avoid any chance of getting caught up in a mid-pack crash in turn one. And if there is a crash, he'd be able to drive around it.

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Kimi has to win this. No excuses from his side. Failing to make the best out of this will only show that Ferrari has made a mistake in re-signing him.

14. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Apparently he's got an engine issue already.

Best,
    Sammy

15. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    oh dear....

16. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    kimi being pushed off :(

17. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    kimi is done :(

18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Good bye championships :(
    The manufacturer's one was already long gone, now with both cars having suffered from technical issues Ferrari stands no chance to counter Hamilton's way.
    The car was not bad this year, but at this level of competition one cannot afford so many mistakes.
    Ironically that reminds me of 2008 when Ferrari also offered the championship to Hamilton, like today the car could have won but too many mistakes during the year eventually cost the title to Massa.

19. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hamilton would be wise to steer clear of Kimi and Birthday boy Max ..and just let them go if they have a chance to jump him, as for Vettel its damage limitation.
    It's the grapes ...they really taste that sour ;)

20. Johnny Rutherford once said:

"Luck is where opportunity and preparation meet".... ;)

They met, again, today for Max.

21. Take two aspirin, relax, and call me in the morning. You'll be fine, it's just entertainment. :p

22. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Need more now than two. :)

23. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I heard Vettel's issue was a cracked manifold. I wonder if they were MKI or MKII manifolds. HAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, I couldn't resist as a 430 owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    correct, yesterdays issue during quali.

25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    This was interesting. Have not seen one of these for quite some time. All drivers with Charlie.

Inside The F1 Driver Briefing | 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix (4min 22sec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOCTBsG52s8